- Text Size +
Chapter One Hundred-Thirty-Six
Point of View: Narrator

11/10 Days Until Nick's Trial

Leslie was spending the night at BJ's.

AJ sat in the living room, laying on his back, watching a documentary on the Discovery Channel about paper folding and how they'd used origami experts to create a shuttle at NASA. It was boring as all hell, but he'd already seen the episode of Everybody Loves Raymond that was on and the rest of the 500 channels that he got were showing bullshit.

That's when the knock came on his door.

AJ sighed and paused the TiVo, though he wasn't sure why. Any excuse to get out of finishing this paper-folding documentary was good enough for him. He felt like he knew too much about it already. He'd use it as a random fact to confuse the hell out of Nick sometime.

When he opened the door and Kayla was there, AJ blinked at her in surprise.

Kayla moved forward with purpose, her hands grabbing the front of his shirt as she plowed into him, kicking the door shut behind her. She grabbed at the buttons on his shirt, quickly undoing them. AJ reached for her hands, but she shrugged them off and her mouth pressed into his chest in the V of his shirt that she'd already undone.

He felt his heart start racing, his nether regions heating up, his blood pumping harder, his head getting dizzy. "Kay," he mumbled as she kissed and pressed and pushed and he found himself backing up the stairs. "Kayla..."

She nipped his skin around his neck, sucking and biting.

"Kayla," he tripped backwards and landed hard on the steps about halfway up. Her body landed on top of his, her pelvis pressing against his. He choked with the sensation and she lowered her lips to the soft spot behind his ear. "Jeeeesus," he muttered.

"I made a choice AJ," she was muffled against his skin.

"What about Nick?" he asked. Those words were going through his brain a mile a minute, his heart bellowing STOP IT!! STOP IT!!! at the top of it's lungs.

Kayla's hands ran across his head. "I need you," she answered. "Now."

Kayla's hand slid the length of him and he buckled under her touch as she rubbed her hand across him. And his brain and heart lost all control as the other side won.

AJ grabbed her by the shoulders and rolled over, pinning her to the stairs, her hair fanned around her, her chest heaving, arms raised. She helped him tug off her shirt, her breasts heaving in her bra and he attacked with precision that came from experience and a learned grace unlike Nick's awkward excitement that Kayla had experienced only the once before when they'd fooled around a little.

AJ reached behind her and to unsnap her bra.

It wouldn't unsnap.

"What the fuck," he muttered, frustrated, his body burning now, beyond the point of no return. He was shaking. His fingers struggled with the clasp.

Kayla leaned forward and reached back, too, but it wouldn't undo. "What the hell," she muttered.

"Let me see," AJ said. He crawled to the side of her, and looked to see what was going on with the bra. Kayla kept tugging at it. "It's caught on the lace," AJ said. He reached to undo the snap just as Kayla tugged it extra hard and the lace broke.

The bra snapped back, whipping towards him and the clasp caught him right in the eye.

"FUCK!" AJ yelled as it dug into the eye before snapping back at Kayla. The bra hung off her loosely, her breasts just barely covered. She turned to him, and it slipped, revealing her, but he couldn't see because he had his eyes squeezed shut.

"AJ," Kayla said, panic rising in her voice, "AJ, let me see." She reached up and lowered his hands. He fought with her, trying to keep them up. His eye was red and bleeding. "Shit," she muttered. "You need to see a doctor."

She started to pull her bra back on but AJ turned, "No!" he cried, "No don't..." AJ pressed against her, knowing if they stopped now, his brain and heart would take back over and he'd be doomed. He was going to feel guilty now at this point no matter what... shouldn't he at least get more than a scar out of it? "We can go after we finish..." he reached for her bra again, wanting to take it off, to continue, to finish what they'd started...

"AJ, no you need to go now." Kalya pushed him off her and quickly pulled her bra tight around her chest again and grabbed her shirt off the stairs. "C'mon, we need to get you checked."



By the time they got to the ER, it was well after midnight, and AJ was feeling miserable. He was in desperate need of sexual relief, his eye hurt, he felt like the shittiest man alive on the face of the earth, the worst friend alive ever in the history of time, and a complete and utter klutz-failure of life and of women.

Kayla helped him fill out his paperwork in the lobby while the waited for the doctor to come fetch AJ to be checked. When the nurse came out, she walked over to them and smiled, ushering them into the little exam room. AJ crawled onto the crinkle-paper covered bed. She took AJ's vitals, and commented that his blood pressure was high.

Duh, AJ thought, feeling the burn between his legs. He held his palm over his eye.

Kayla was sitting in the plastic chair beside him, biting her fist, tears in her eyes. AJ felt like such shit he didn't even give a damn what was wrong with her. It was probably the same thing that was wrong with him. That had been way, way too close.

WAY too close.

He felt like he'd done it anyways. The whole biblical if you do it in your heart you've really done it theory made complete sense to him in that instant.

AJ's legs hung numbly off the side of the little bed thing.

He felt like crying.

But fuck if he would cry in front of Kayla.

The doctor came in the room and saw AJ sitting forlornly on the table. She looked Kayla up and down. Wonder what this asshole did, the doctor wondered, imagining a scenario where Kayla beat the crap out of him for some stupid domestic argument. Poor soul, she thought with an inward chuckle. "How did this happen?" she asked, prying AJ's hand from his face.

"It was an accident," AJ stammered at the same time that Kalya answered, "He was taking off my bra."

AJ turned to stare incredulously at Kayla. "Dude," he snapped.

The doctor looked surprised. "Your bra?" she asked Kayla.

"Oh for the love of God," AJ muttered.

"Yeah he had some issues taking off my bra and it snapped back and caught him in the eye," Kayla explained with the short story.

AJ sighed.

The doctor laughed and looked at AJ. "Awe, you need to be more careful with the mechanics, mister," she said.

AJ felt his face flush.

He wondered if a guy could die from being attacked in the eye by a bra. 'Cos right at that moment, death didn't sound half bad. As if he couldn't have felt shittier than he already did, he could now add "humiliated beyond all fucking hell" to the list of things he was feeling.