- Text Size +
Chapter One Hundred-Forty-Two
Point of View: Kayla

10 Days Until Nick's Trial

I'd felt like a slut since the night in the alley with Leon, when his hands had touched every private part of me so roughly that I'd found bruises the next day. Even though he hadn't gotten everything, he'd gotten enough. He'd stolen my dignity, and a part of my soul, too.

Well, now, at least I had a reason to feel like a slut.

The whole night had been a blur. From AJ's stairs to the shots at the bar, nothing was completely clear in my mind anymore. All I knew was that AJ and I had almost had sex, then he'd been so harsh in his driveway, and then I went and I met this guy, Jake. He'd touched me just right, bought me drinks, and the next thing I knew... I'd woken up in a hotel room, naked and alone. He'd left fifty dollars on the night stand by my cellphone, like I was a hooker.

I'd left the fifty and gone home.

Zoe was waiting. I fell trying to get away from her, and the stairs beneath me reminded me of AJ, of the smell of him, of my desire for him, of everything.

It also reminded me that I was a cheating slut.

I'd practically crawled to my bedroom after I'd gotten to the top of the stairs. I knew Zoe wasn't going to follow me. I closed the bedroom door and laid on the floor, sobs ripping through me. I couldn't stop crying. I'd ruined everything and for what?

Leon had destroyed some part of me that I could never get back, and as much as I wanted to, I couldn't stop it from eating me alive. I felt dirty and gross and lower than low.

AJ was right. Nick deserved better than me.

Nick deserved much better than me.