- Text Size +
Chapter One Hundred-Forty-Seven
Point of View: Narrator



"Hey Queer."

Eric looked up from staring at his hand wrapped around Nick's fingers. His heart had been pounding already from the thrill of feeling Nick's skin against his, even in so slight of a touch, and it only increased when he saw Tattoo and Scar headed toward him, grins on their faces.

Eric glanced at Nick's fingers against his one last time, taking a mental picture, and stood up. The fingers disappeared the moment his touch was off of them, like delicate flowers folding their petals in sunlight...

He stood up.

"Eric," called Nick. "Eric? What's the matter?"

"I gotta go."

"So this is where your lover's bedroom is, huh?" laughed Scar. "So sweet, you guys are all lovey under the door..."

Tattoo snorted and moved a little faster, approaching the end of the hallway quickly.

"Eric? Eric?"

He ignored Nick and walked toward Tattoo. He didn't want them getting close enough for Nick to hear them through the door. "Go away," Eric began.

Scar laughed, "I'm sorry, you wanted to be alone with your man?" he teased.

Eric squared his shoulders. "I want
you to go to hell," he replied.

Tattoo looked at Scar, "Now that's not very good foreplay talk."

Scar laughed, "Tell me about it. You aren't very good at this, Queer." He put his hand square on Eric's chest and pushed him solidly, shoving him backwards.

Eric stumbled a couple feet closer to Nick's door and he glanced over his shoulder, praying Nick couldn't hear. "Look, his room's locked, okay? Why don't you guys just forget it..."

"I don't think that's an option," said Scar. He looked at Tattoo, "This an option?"

"Nope, not an option," Tattoo answered.

Scar looked at Eric. "We conferenced, and it turns out it's not an option." He squared his hand on Eric's chest and shoved him backwards again. Eric was prepared this time and grounded his feet. Scar pushed, and Eric stumbled only slightly.

Tattoo laughed, "Ohh, he's trying to stand up to you."

Scar's eyes crinkled at the corners in a silent laugh. "That's funny, kid," he said to Eric. He bent close, "But don't think
you are going to stop us from getting what we want. We'll fucking kill you if we have to."

Eric's mouth moved before his head caught up to it. "You'll
have to if you plan on getting anywhere near that door."

Scar didn't laugh. His eyes locked with Eric's. They stared at each other. Even Tattoo knew better than to jostle and joke at this moment. Scar's hand lifted up and rested on Eric's shoulder. "My pleasure." He raised his hand, planning to knock Eric's head back and break his neck in a swift shot, but Eric ducked as the heel of his hand came toward him.

The struggle was brilliant. Tattoo backed away in shock as Eric and Scar locked in an awkward position, Eric head butting Scar in the middle and Scar trying to get a grip on Eric to flip him over. They wrestled like that for several long moments, as Tattoo watched, surprise on his face.

"Fucking grab him, will you?" hollered Scar as he struggled with Eric.

But Eric shoved just right at that instant, and Scar backed into the wall, hitting his head on the cement. He fell to the side and Tattoo's eyes widened in complete shock. He started to come to Scar's rescue, but Eric landed a punch central to his face, and he fell back clutching his face, howling loudly.

Eric had straddled Scar and proceeded to punch him. If Nick had been out there, he would've been reminded of himself defending Kayla against Leon. Except Nick stopped. Blood flew from Scar's mouth, his nose. Bones snapped - Eric's hand as well as Scar's jaw.

A warden came barreling around the corner, alerted by Tattoo's loud howling. He grabbed Eric by the back of the scrubs. Eric struggled, arms swinging desperately at Scar's limp, motionless form on the floor. "You stay the fuck off him, you stay away from him!" he was shouting loudly, his heart racing, delirious with anger, "STAY AWAY FROM HIM!" he screamed.