- Text Size +
Chapter Seven
Point of View: Nick

Krystal had ridden up from the city where she was staying in a white limousine, which is what she insisted we take to the club where the after party was being held, rather than riding with AJ, Howie and Brian. "I want you all to myself," she'd purred, grabbing the chest of my shirt and running a finger across my neck.

In the limo, she had music blasting. The club mix of Acapella was so loud that I could feel my heart pumping to the beat. We were plastered to the seat, she was on top, writhing against me, her hands running across my body. "I want you so much," she groaned into my chest, her hair hanging over her face, "I could totally take you on a table in the club."

The idea both frightened the hell out of me and excited me beyond belief. But it would take a crapload of alcohol to loosen me up quite that much. My fans would freak out if something like that ever got out on the Internet. I laughed to myself thinking about how panicked they'd been over a rumor that I'd made a sex tape with Paris Hilton...

Krystal was all over me the entire way to the club. When we got there, she gave me a sultry look. "Come on, let's go bang." She was referring to dancing... I think.

We passed through the VIP door without even pausing, the bouncer either expected us or just knew better than to hold us up as the line of people waiting to get in the main door started screaming and waving. Krystal pulled me along behind her like I was a puppy. She led me to the bar, and we stood side by side at the corner.

"What'll it be?" the bar tender asked, grabbing his mixers.

"Manhattan," Krystal said, "Make it strong."

"And for you?" he looked to me.

"Diet coke," I answered.

"Nick," Krystal's tone was warning. She turned to the bar tender, "He'll have the same as me."

"Two Manhattans," the tender announced and started mixing the drinks. He was one of those fancy guys that mix it and juggle it and perform like a magic show while he makes your cocktails. He got it all made up and poured them into two frosty glasses and dropped the garnish in. "There ya are," he said, pushing them towards us.

Krystal grabbed hers and took a long sip, draining almost half of it immediately. She looked at me, waiting for me to do the same. "I'm gonna pace myself," I told her, "I don't want to get drunk tonight.".

"Oh come on. I don't get to see you very often and you're going to go all stiff on me now?" she complained, frowning, "Come on, Nick. Jesus, you work hard. Let go for once."

She was right. I did work hard, I did deserve a break. I knocked back the drink and turned back to the bar. "Hey... hey dude.. Can we get two more of those?"

I dropped my glass on the bar and Krystal slunk up to my side and kissed my shoulder. "There's the Nick I know," she whispered. She took another sip of her drink and winked as she drained it just as the bar tender pushed two more at us.

I have abso-fucking-lutely no idea how many of those things we knocked. But pretty soon the room was a blur. Green lights were pulsing through the darkness, like lightening. Krystal was dancing like she was liquid around me, her body seeming to wrap around me impossibly. She pressed her entire body against me... grinding... I was dizzy, but in a good way. It felt great.

"You're so hot," she screamed in my ear.

"You're hotter," I yelled back, and she grinned, lowering herself to the floor.

People were looking at us, I was suddenly aware, as she dipped and ground around me. I was pretty sure I was flailing hopelessly, like a jellyfish. She didn't seem to mind my dance-fail, though... and I felt too good to think too much about it. Cameras were flashing from everywhere.

The music was so loud. I couldn't think around it.

Another drink was pushed into my hand at some point. I didn't really see where it came from, I didn't really care. Krystal slipped me some pills. "This will make it interesting," she whispered, popping one herself. Somewhere, buried under the music, subdued by the pills and the drinks, I forgot that the world was watching, and the only thing that existed was Krystal and I.

AJ appeared at my side, "Hey, we gotta get back to the bus," he said, taking my elbow.

"Aw nawh," I slurred at him, wriggling my arm to pull away. Krystal was up against my back, her fingers under my shirt, rubbing my abs and chest. "I'm havin' fun..."

AJ frowned, "We gotta hit the road, Nick."

"I'll fly in tomorrow."

"Nick..."

"Dude, what the hell? I said I'll fly in tomorrow. I'm busy right now."

Krystal leaned around me, "Yeah, he's busy," she hissed.

AJ scowled, "Why don't you mind your business?" he asked. He turned back to me. "Nick, c'mon. We're on tour. We need to go."

"AJ how many times do I gotta say I'm busy right now?" I asked, rising to my full height, looming over him. I could hear Krystal's latest club remix starting overhead. Krystal's nails dug into my skin, pulling me back towards her.

"It's my song," she wailed.

"I'm busy right now," I slurred. I turned away from AJ.

I felt his hand grab my elbow again and I turned and swung without hesitating. He ducked and swung back. The next thing I knew AJ had run at my stomach and wrapped his arms around my waist, pushing me from the center, knocking me off balance. We fell to the floor. Somewhere over me, I was vaguely aware of Krystal screaming, cameras flashing, people pointing. AJ landed on top of me.

My head was swimming from the fast movement and the velocity of which it hit the hard floor below. I rolled, knocking AJ off me, and promptly threw up. "Oh shit," I mumbled. AJ was staring at me. There was like four of him. "AJ... you're like the bunnies..." I whispered.

He raised his eyebrow. All four of them did. His mouth moved... he was talking, but it sounded like it was in gibberish. I laughed. "You're talkin' funny," I said. He was talking again. I blinked up at him.

The music was kinda far away now. "Where's the music gone?" I asked.

My eyelids felt heavy... "Dude...I... feel weird..." I said slowly.

The last thing I remember seeing was AJ's eyes flashing as his hands clapped around my face.