- Text Size +
Story Notes:
Alright people... this is my first stab at a romance fic. It was an idea that's been on my mind and I've been wanting to try it, and thanks to the encouragement from my fellow writers and readers, my friends, I'm giving it a shot. Your reviews would mean the world to me, especially since this is my first time writing a romantic fic. :)
I’ll never forget the day that I met Alexander James McLean. Many told me that I was the luckiest woman in the world. Some told me that I should prepare myself for what I was getting into. Others told me that I was in love with the sexiest man alive. Well, I wouldn’t know, and to be frank, I don’t care. The many women of AJ’s past have all said this, and I can attest this to be true, but… while we all had loved AJ, we fell IN love with Alexander James.

The first day I met Alex was… interesting, to say the least. There was a lot he didn’t know about me first off and a lot that I didn’t know about him. Like the fact that he was AJ McLean from the Backstreet Boys. Our first encounter was casual; we had talked a bit over coffee, but that was that. Both he and I parted ways, not really intending to bump into each other ever again. I mean, he revealed to me that he was a world renowned celebrity, who toured the world and was always somewhere new, somewhere different. As for me, I was to remain in small Edgartown in Dukes County. No celebrities ever came through here, so I was sure I was to never see him again.

But to my surprise, he came back, and I was convinced it wasn’t for another casual encounter. With our second so-called “date”, I noticed things were becoming a little personal. The conversation we were engaged in was focused more about me this time around, and I told him the basics. I then noticed he extended his stay in Edgartown a little longer than I expected, to which he told me that this was his off time, and he decided to spend it here in this small town. I had wanted to ask him why; why would he want to spend his time off in a small town when he accustomed to living lavishly in big cities? But I decided not to press it; it was his life and he could do as he pleased. I was just an acquaintance, or so I thought.

The more time we spent together, the more exposure Dukes County got. Speculation quickly circulated, that Backstreet Boy AJ McLean possibly had a new love interest out of Dukes County, Massachusetts. A new love interest? So that’s why he’s been frequenting his visits back here, but who was she? I guess aside from the time he spent with me, he was also making time to visit this mystery lady. As the rumors continued to grow, I decided to finally ask him about his “love interest”.

I remember his laugh… god, do I ever remember his laugh. It was light, yet deep, and I could just see the curve of his lips as his infectious laugh escaped through it. Although that was the moment that I fell in love with his laugh, I pouted, knowing that he was laughing at my question. I had asked him what was so funny, why he was laughing at my question, to which he replied with:

“What if I told you that it was you?”

That statement would forever change my life. Call me naïve, but I really didn’t see that coming, regardless of the time we spent together. I mean, I was never anybody’s love interest, how could anyone possibly love me? But he reassured me that it was me all along with a simple kiss, which was to seal everything.

I remember feeling his lips ghost over mines for a long while. When I took a breath in, he softly placed his lips on mines, and it had seemed like we stood there like that forever. Fear hadn’t allowed me to part my lips open for him to initiate a proper kiss, nor did he try to force his way in. He remained there, giving light, chaste pecks on my pursed lips. Many would argue, but Alex had given me my real, first kiss. He told me, “You don’t need to open your mouth and involve your tongue to make it a real, first kiss.”

Alex and I have been together for six years now, going on seven. Not married, not even engaged. We’ve been through a lot, but we overcame it all together. I gave him love, he gave me life. I gave him meaning, he gave me sight. I helped him to feel, he helped me to see. I gave him everything because he loved me. My name is Aislynn and this is our story. You think you know, you have NO idea.
Chapter End Notes:
**Changed the location a bit. Upon researching, I realized that Dukes County itself wasn't the whole area, lol. There's a bunch of other towns that make up this county. Please forgive my stupidity, this is actually the first time I'm going in depth and researching a location as well. :D