- Text Size +
Chapter Thirty Four - July 3

I woke up the next morning feeling amazing.

And sticky.

After downing her margarita and half of mine, I had one drunk, horny Liv on my hands. It was the perfect evening. I had been licked up and down like a lollipop and had managed to talk Liv into doing some things that she would never have agreed to sober. I'm pretty sure I even created a brand new sexual position. When we got home, I was so Googling it.

I was in no hurry to get up. I pressed Liv close to me and pressed my lips against her spine. She moaned.

"Good morning," I whispered. My hand slid between her legs. I felt her body buck against my fingers.

"Nick," she whispered. She drew in a breath like she was going to say something else, but my strokes took the words right out of her mouth.

I know it sounds cocky, but I give great wake up calls.

When she lay there completely and utterly satisfied, I hovered over her grinning down at her flushed face. She squinted up at me.

"I drank too much," she said.

"No, you didn't," I said. "Do you remember what we did?"

My head dipped down; I drew a nipple between my teeth. She moaned. Her legs wrapped around my waist.

"I remember that lamp pole," she said weakly, pointing past my shoulder. I laughed.

"You gave me a sexy dance," I said. Her hands slid from my ass around to my front. My eyes fluttered closed as she gripped me.

"I remember I was very agreeable," she murmured. I nodded. Her fingers were sending electric jolts up through my stomach. I reached out towards the nightstand.

"I remember making some balloon animals out of condoms," she added.

"Hate to tell you, but they all looked like dicks," I said. She laughed. I grabbed a wrapper and brought it towards me. I tore open the package with my teeth and spit out the sliver that stayed in my mouth. She was stroking faster and faster and I was sure I was going to lose it.

"Let's see if I can completely refresh your memory," I said. With a few quick motions I sank into her. I had never thought that I could have sex with the same person over and over again and be happy.

But Liv was a different story. She was like Christmas every day of the year.

And she was welcome to unwrap me any time.

-------------------------------------

"Nick, I don't know if I can do this."

"Why? You told me an hour ago that it seemed wrong to come to paradise and spend most of it in the hotel room," I said.

We were standing in the beautiful ocean waters and I was trying to convince Liv to snorkel. I had packed Liv's skimpiest bikini and she kept playing with the bottoms as if her ass was going to fall out at any moment. Which, if it had, I wouldn't have complained. I don't think anyone on the beach would have either.

"Every time we've had the chance to do this, you've been pregnant," I said. "I want to share this with you."

She glanced down at the beautiful clear water.

"We're not going completely under," I added.

Finally, she looked over at me and nodded.

"Alright, let's do this."

I showed her how to put her snorkel on and then slid mine over my face. I took her hand and together we walked like penguins out a little farther. I held up three fingers and began to count down. When I folded the last finger under, we both went face down.

For someone who doesn't have much luck with bathtubs, Liv is a natural in the ocean. It didn't take long for me to tell that she was really enjoying herself. I would tug at her arm or leg and point to some bright fish or interesting piece of coral.

After about an hour, I swam back to shore and slid my mask off. The sun was beating down on my back and it felt great. Liv stumbled a little as she took off her mask and landed right next to me in the sand. She laughed.

"Did you like it?"

"That was awesome."

She stretched her arms out over her head and closed her eyes.

"Can we stay here forever?"

I laughed. "I'd love to say yes, but I'd say Brooke would probably track us down in fifteen years and I don't think she'd be too happy."

Liv laughed and rolled over on her side to look at me. Her head rested lazily in the crook of her arm.

"I've been thinking," she said.

"Oh?"

"About tour."

I closed my eyes. Even I didn't want to think about tour. I felt her touch on my arm and opened my eyes.

"I want to be the videographer for tour," she said.

I studied her face. She looked eager; hopeful. Kind of like when she interviewed us for the first time. I smiled.

"I mean, the bulk of the job takes place at soundcheck and the concert. I'm already with you guys the rest of the time anyhow."

"So you're actually going to let me hire someone to help with the kids?"

Liv made a face. She hated the idea of non-family baby-sitters or nannies.

"Just for the soundcheck and concert," she said reluctantly.

"And when we want sexy time?" I asked hopefully. Liv laughed.

"We never seem to get sexy time on the road," she said. "Remember?"

"I think that was just a before-marriage curse," I explained. Liv snorted and rolled back onto the sand.

I don't know how long we laid there. All I know was that Liv was looking kind of lobstery as we headed back to the hotel to shower and change.

"What do you want for supper?" I called out towards the bathroom. I heard a lot of rummaging around. I had a feeling I knew what was taking her so long to change.

"I'm never letting you pack clothes for me again!" she yelled back. I grinned.

After a few more minutes of grumbling, she walked out. I had packed a scrap of white shimmery fabric that I had hoped was a top and then a skirt that I knew was going to be short. It was.

"I look like a hooker," she said. The top was only held up by two shimmery silver strings tied around her neck. It gathered at the bottom. A little strip of skin was exposed before the skirt started.

Me likey.

"Yes, but you're my hooker," I corrected. She rolled her eyes and walked up to me. She was wearing flip flops; I had the sudden urge to buy her thigh high boots.

"You're like Julia Roberts," I added. I broke into song.

"Ooh, ooh...Pretty Woman!"

Liv put her hand over my mouth.

"Just take your hooker to eat anywhere and I'll be happy," she said softly. She removed her hand and kissed me softly. I could taste cherry lipgloss.

"As you wish," I said. She turned and I stood up. I tried to grab at one of the shirt strands but she must have felt the movement. She turned around and slapped my hand.

"Want a margarita?" I asked hopefully. She smiled and shook her head.

"You're not getting that lucky again," she stressed. She turned around and opened the room door. I made a face.

I really liked getting that lucky.

--------------------------------------

After dinner, we had just enough time to go back to the hotel and pack. We arrived back in Tampa at eight o'clock at night. My surprise had been a huge success.

"Why do you look like a hooker?" Liv's mom asked as we walked through the door. Liv shot a look my way. I put down the suitcase and smiled.

"I don't pack well, I guess," I said sweetly.

"How were the kids?" Liv asked. Her mom laughed, but it was a tired laugh.

"I know now why I only had you," she said. I made a face.

"That bad?"

"I don't know how she did it, but Brooke got into your nailpolish," mom explained. "By the time I caught her, half of her leg and Atari's whole left ear was pink."

As if on cue, I looked out the window into the backyard and saw a black, white, and pink streak running around.

"The nail polish remover worked on Brooke. Not on Atari."

"Where are they?" I asked.

"Noah's sleeping. I don't think Brooke has slept more than an hour this whole time."

"Well, thanks for watching them," Liv said. "I love you." She hugged her mom tightly; I did the same.

"We owe you one," I said. Liv's mom shook her head.

"I love watching them," she said. "Just, do me one favor."

"What?"

"Don't have another one for at least, oh, five years. It might kill me."

I laughed until I realized Liv's mom wasn't joking. Liv spoke before I could.

"Trust me. We're not."

We talked for a few more minutes and then she left. I lugged our suitcase upstairs while Liv walked in to check on Brooke. I heard her talking softly.

I didn't feel like unpacking. Instead, I just kicked the whole thing under the bed. Liv had insisted on washing and drying our swimsuits at the hotel. Now I was glad. I wouldn't have to open that suitcase for months.

I tried to sneak by Brooke's door to check on Noah but her spidey sense must have been cranked up full blast. Before I could pass, her little hands were banging on the baby gate.

"DADA! DADA!"

Really, it's a good feeling to be loved so much. Even with all of the crazy stuff she did, or maybe because of it, there was this mushy gushy bond that I can't even begin to describe. I scooped her up and kissed both cheeks. She giggled.

"You miss me?" I asked. She nodded, her little arms wrapping tightly around my neck.

"I'll go check on Noah," Liv said. I heard her move the gate and brush past me. I watched the little skirt swing down the hall with a smile on my face. Brooke's head snuggled up against my chest. Before I even got back into her nursery, she was asleep.

As I put her down and she snuggled up under the soft blanket I put around her, I rested my chin on the crib rail.

Even though St. Thomas was a nice place to visit, there was no place like home.

Pink-eared dog and all.