- Text Size +
Chapter Sixty One - February 8 - Quezon City, Phillipines

"Are you guys ready?"

"Of course. You're not going to ask us anything hard are you?"

Liv smiled. "It's not me you have to worry about. It's the fans."

We were assembled backstage on our official concert stools for a live video Q&A for the fanclub. For once, we were actually early.

"We've already got over five hundred questions," Liv said in astonishment. She fixed her camera.

"Alright. Here we go."

Howie fixed the collar on his shirt. AJ shifted and complained about his ass falling asleep. I refrained from picking at my nose.

Liv held up three fingers and slowly counted down. Then she pointed right to us.

"Hi, we're the Backstreet Boys," we said in unison.

"Welcome to our first live video chat. Thanks for being with us tonight," Bri said.

"It's morning in the states," Howie said.

"Good morning!" I said with a wave.

"Alright, we have our first question," Liv said from her perch behind the camera. "Lisa from Tacoma wants to know who your celebrity crushes are."

"I still really like Sandra Bullock," Brian said.

"Megan Fox," AJ answered.

"Angelina Jolie," Howie said.

It was down to Kev and me.

"Nicole Kidman," Kevin finally said.

"She's old," AJ said.

"So's Kev," I added. We all laughed.

"So who's your favorite actress, hot shot?"

Liv was grinning at me. I blushed.

"Jennifer Garner."

"When was the last time she made a movie?" Bri asked.

"Hey, when was the last time Nicole Kidman made a movie?"

"Point taken."

"Alright, moving on. Question two is from Brit in Kansas City. Now that all of you are fathers, have you ever thought about recording an album for kids?"

"Wow. That's a really good question," Kev said. "Huh, what do you guys think?"

"Are they talking about like us singing Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star?"

"Or are we going to do like a Kidz Bop thing?"

"I want to be...Miley!" Bri said. I laughed.

"We're going to call him Briley," I said.

"I'd love to do an original album with lullabies and stuff," AJ said.

"Not as Johnny No Name, right?" I asked. AJ snickered.

"Bloody hell, Nick."

Liv laughed. "Question three. And this one's just for AJ."

AJ grinned. I sat back and twirled in my chair.

"This question is from Maria in Brazil. Are you currently dating anyone?"

AJ ran a finger along the rim of his sunglasses. It was one of several tells that he had when he was nervous. It ranked irhgt up there with shirt rolling and skin plucking.

"Yes, I am dating someone. She's a great woman and she's amazing with my son and daughter. I'm very happy."

"And her daughter is like a mini-AJ," Brian added. "I think they're competing with their sunglass collections."

AJ just laughed.

"Quesion four comes from Lizette in Montreal and it's for Nick."

I stopped twirling in my chair. I loved questions just for me.

Liv started to laugh as she scanned the question. "She wants to know if you want a big family."

I grinned. Brian leaned forward.

"After having to change his son's diaper about three times the other day, I would like to answer this question."

I nudged him. "I didn't pass the question to you. Let's see..." I said. "Well, I think I can honestly say that I'd like one more child. I think three's a good number."

"What do you think Liv?" Howie asked.

"I'm just the voice behind the camera!" Liv called. "I have no opinion!"

"You're the one that has to see him naked and carry his children. You have to have an opinion," AJ said.

"Hey! I look good naked!"

"QUESTION FIVE!"

We all started to laugh. Liv cleared her throat. She glanced at the next question. I thought I saw a little mischievious glint in her eyes.

It made me nervous.

"Carl from Washington, D.C. asks - If you were gay, which of your fellow bandmates would you want to date?"

All five of us looked at Liv like she was crazy. Of all the questions to choose from, it figured she would pick that.

"I'd date Howie," Bri said. "He's a good kisser."

Liv started to laugh. Howie actually blushed. "Dude..."

"Hey, I've kissed you a couple times. I'm not ashamed."

"What about you J?" Liv asked.

This time AJ started to pick at the skin around his thumb.

"They're not really my type..."

"Oh c'mon," Bri said.

AJ sighed. "I'd probably date Nick."

I grinned. I don't know why that made me happy, but it did.

"Why?" I asked.

AJ snickered. "I guess I like tall blondes."

"Howie?"

"Man, this is going to sound bad since Bri went first, but I'd probably date Brian."

Bri grinned.

"I'm not answering on the grounds that Bri's my cousin," Kev said.

"That is a lame excuse," I argued. "There's still three of us!"

"Well who would you date?"

This was getting weirder by the moment. I sighed. "Probably Brian."

"Alright! That's two!" Brian pumped his fist in the air.

"Kev?" Liv asked.

He ran a hand through his hair. "I don't know...they're just not my type."

We all booed.

"Okay, last question guys. How is touring now different than touring ten years ago?"

"Well, there's a LOT more family members that we bring along," Kevin said.

"And half of them won't be able to get into a club for the next fifteen years to twenty years," AJ said.

"And we have crates of juice boxes and animal crackers," I added.

"Then there's the dirty diapers," Bri added.

We all groaned.

"But in all seriousness," I added. "I've never been happier. I think I can speak for the other guys when I say that it's awesome to share this experience with our kids."

Brian nodded. "Absolutely."

"We've already had Mason and my son James out introducing us," Howie added.

"And my girlfriend's daughter got the chance to do it too," AJ said.

"So it's really a family production," Brian said with a smile.

Liv smiled. I think she was actually a little teary eyed.

"Okay guys, any last words?"

"If you haven't already, go out and buy our alternate version of Going Strong," Howie said. "Six new songs."

"And we're going to be plugging away through October. We're making it around the world, so if you haven't seen us yet, we're coming!" Nick said.

We all waved and Liv pressed the button the camcorder.

"That was great. While you guys were chatting I got three thousand more questions," Liv said with a laugh. "Half were wishing I would die already."

I frowned; Liv didn't seem concerned.

"Do we still have time to eat before the show?" I asked. Liv nodded.

"Yeah, you have an hour. I'm starving."

We hopped off our chairs and Liv packed up her equipment. I threw my arm around her shoulders as we walked over to the buffet.

"These concert buffets and McDonald's trips are going to be the death of me," Liv teased. "I think I've gained ten pounds."

I grinned. "I like a little cushion for the pushin," I said quietly. Liv's eyes widened, but before she could say anything, I leaned down and nibbled her ear.

"You're horrible," she whispered. She let out a shuddery breath.

"I'll send a few extra stage thrusts your way tonight," I said. I trailed kisses down to her neck and then stopped. I grabbed a plate and started piling on food. Liv looked flustered.

I loved that I still had that effect I had on her.

I was good.