- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Another AJ chapter, but the foul language, although still present, is starting to decrease. Thank you to everyone who has been reading and reviewing...I really appreciate it! :-)
Aw shit. It’s never…ever…a good thing, when someone calls me ‘Alexander James’. Not even my own mother calls me by my full name…unless she catches me drinking or some shit like that. For some random chick…okay, so she wasn’t exactly random, anymore...but you know what I mean…to call me by my full name is, well, really fuckin’ weird.

“I can NOT believe you two are acting like this! You two were brought up better…and I know your mothers would be very ashamed of your behavior!” I was not about to admit that she had a point…but she did…and I knew it, because my mother would have a fit, if she was here. But anyone who knows me…knows that I don’t just fess up to being wrong or come right out and apologize. I’m a stubborn man, damn it. You practically have to twist my fuckin’ arm…or threaten me…to get me to do either of those things.

“He started it!” We both pointed to each other, at the same time and turned to look at each other. “No I didn’t! You did! No, I didn’t!” If any one had their doubts, it was becoming plainly fuckin’ obvious that we have…indeed…spent way too much damn time together.

“ENOUGH!” That time, I flinched. She was nearly as intimidating as my own mother…even though I’m pretty sure she was much younger than me…not that I’m saying I’m old, or anything. She was probably intimidating because she obviously had some Latin in her, too…and we all know how Latin tempers go. With three Latin tempers, on this island, it was sure to get pretty damn interesting. “Alexander…go help Kris get the shelter made. Howard…get back to fishing, so there is enough food for everyone. Blake, Marissa and Steve…you guys make sure we have plenty of wood, to last the night and find some sticks for roasting the fish. I will see if I can find anything else for food…fruit or something.”

“We really do need to prepare, because it’s already getting dark.” What a damn suck up. If he thought I was done being mad at his ass…he had another thing coming. I still can’t believe the whole ‘bastard’ thing! I was not born to unwed parents damn it…and what kind of fuckin’ friend would bring up the subject of my dad, anyways?

“Fine. Whatever.” I just rolled my eyes and scooped back up my pile of leaves, before heading back over to cutie…who I now realized was Kris…and who had already walked off to start working on our make shift shelter. I guess I could have figured both of those things out sooner, if I was paying attention, but oh well. “Hey.”

“Oh. Hi.” She looked up at me, for only a moment, before going back to her task. It looked like she was actually doing a killer job, at this. She already had a frame leaned up, using a fallen tree and some long branches…although, she seemed to be having trouble tying the vines.

Dropping my leaves, I stepped over, kneeling next to her. “Here…let me do this…you hold the wood in place. Cool?” I watched her nod silently, before handing over the vines. There was definitely something wrong with the chick, but fuck if I knew what it was. “Are you ok?”

“Huh?” When she glanced at me, for the second time, I noticed that she looked…dazed…or something. The elements and circumstances, that we were in, must be affecting her more than the rest of us. One look over her manicured nails, and soft pink sundress…and you could tell she was one of those girlie girl types. Great…she probably won’t be able to handle herself, in a survival situation, like this. You watch…the cute one is going to be the weakest damn link. That fuckin’ figures. “Oh. Yeah. I’m fine.”

“Okay.” She sure as hell didn’t seem fine, but I was not about to press the issue…because, honestly…it didn’t really matter much. Okay…I take that back…it did matter and under normal circumstances, I would probably go into my ‘sweet Alex’ mode and go all softie, trying to figure out what was wrong and all. Not today, though, I was fuckin’ cranky, damn it…and she wasn’t the only one that was tired, hungry, and dehydrated.

“Yo, J. I caught some more fish. And these ones aren’t quite as puny, either. That shelter looks like it’s coming along. And not a moment too soon, either…I’m starting to hear some thunder rumbling.” Howie shuffled toward us, dropping the fish on one of the leaves. Thank the Lord, God…there was more food! I didn’t really want to have to off the douche…Steve, was it? But if it came down to it…he’d be the first fucker to die. You bet your ass it wasn’t gonna be me! I doubt anyone would miss him anyways.

“Hey guys. Blake, and I are taking Marissa…and we’re headed to the other side of the island.” Speak of a douche bag…and he shall appear. Even his voice was like scraping nails down a fucking chalk board…annoying as all fuckin’ hell.

“Say what? You do realize it’s practically dark out…AND there’s a storm rolling in? Are you as big of a fuckin’ idiot, as you look?” Yes…I was looking at him like he was the…BIGGEST moron to ever walk the Earth, too. None of us knew what was out in those woods…that jungle…what-the-hell-ever you wanna call it. It was completely fucking retarded to go out there…especially NOW. Hell, not even Nick is that stupid!

“Yes…I realize that…but I saw a movie once…” This fuckin’ idiot has got to be joking me! “…where these people got stranded on what the thought was a deserted island…” Oh for fuck sake! Really?!? “…but come to find out, there was civilization on the other side of the island, the whole damn time. I bet we just washed up on the unpopulated beach or something.” Was he seriously going to make a life or death decision…based…on a DAMN movie.

“Damn…you ARE as retarded as you fuckin’ look. Fine. What-the-hell-ever, man. Bye. Good riddance, ass hole. We don’t need some damn moron being the fuckin’ weak link, anyways. See ya!” Huffing, I turned back around to cutie and started helping her layer the leaves in a shingle type pattern. The way this baby is set up, we should stay nice and dry, all night. Hallelujah!

“I wouldn’t recommend leaving the group, guys. We have a better chance of surviving, if we stay together. At least wait until morning, huh?” Howie…always the good natured one, trying to help everyone out. As far as I’m concerned…let them go. It just means more food, water and sleeping room for us.

“Please stay?” Alright…shitty ass mood aside…cutie was looking even worse, than before, and she was barely talking above a whisper now. She seemed…so…out of it, as she sat down, holding her head and closing her eyes. “You could…get…hurt…or lost.”

“I found some fruit!” Resa walked out from the trees, just as cutie slumped over, falling against me. “Oh, Kris! Not again!” That’s great…I’ve been either mentally or verbally cussin’ the chick out all day…and now she’s passed out on me. What the fuck?!? I can hear my mother’s voice now…“See? Now don’t you feel bad for acting like you have, toward her?”