- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Thank you all, SO much, for the reviews on the last chapter. There's not so much foul language in this one, since we're getting to know a different character.
I seriously can’t even come close to explaining how happy I was, to see land. This cruise was supposed to be the greatest experience…I even paid for my best friend’s ticket, and for her to fly out, to meet me. Now I feel bad that we’re in this situation. She’d still be at home, and safe, if it hadn’t been for that one Twitter conversation, we had, early one morning. Not that we’re really in any immediate danger, now that we’ve hit dry land…unless there are bears, or something. Then again, it looks like a tropical jungle, so we’d be more likely to come across some kind of poisonous snake or spider. Ugh…I hate snakes! Do you have any idea how fast you can die, from a snake bite?!? Just thinking about that, is enough to make me freak out! But, I’m getting off track, aren’t I?

I should probably rewind a bit, and explain myself, hm?

My name is Theresa…but everyone calls me Resa, unless they’re mad at me, or are trying to hide something. I’m pretty well known for going out of my way, to attend Backstreet concerts, and I’ve been on a few of Howie’s DLF cruises, in the past, as well. In all honesty…I adore the group…especially Howie, not that it’s obvious or anything. No matter how hard I’ve tried to avert my eyes…they wind up right back on him again. I hope he hasn’t noticed…he probably thinks I’m some kind of crazed stalker fan!

Howie literally saved my life, when I was in high school…technically, it was the sound of his voice…either way, he doesn’t know it. I’ve been told by several people, that I should just come out and tell him. I had actually planned on it once…while on one of the DLF cruises. As it happened, I ended up embarrassing myself and couldn’t bring myself to talk to him again for the rest of the cruise. That’s what happens when you mis-read a club named “Stripes” as “Strips”…then ask the famous guy if he likes the “Strips”. Naturally he cracked up and asked us if there was a strip club on the ship that he missed. I was humiliated! But, you know what? I’m getting off track again, and Howie saving my life is an entirely different story that really has nothing to do with the situation, at hand.

Anyways…as soon as I heard about this cruise, I was online, reserving my spot on the ship. Then I nearly begged my friend Kristal to come along, although I didn’t meet too much resistance on her end. She has never even been on a cruise, and it was the perfect opportunity for us to hang out, since she lives so far away. Next thing I knew, I was meeting Kris at the airport in Tucson. We were both squealing when we did the whole chick flick thing, of running into each others arms. I know we’re cheesy, but it had been forever since we had seen each other…so cut us some slack!

So, there we are, enjoying the cruise and the lovely weather…for nearly four days…and then the cruise ship goes down. Now, we’re all trying to get this raft onto shore, so it doesn’t drift away…but it’s not working out so well. Some people are pulling this way…while others pull that way…it doesn’t seem like it should be this difficult to drag a raft up onto the sand, but evidently this group isn’t the greatest at teamwork.

“Fuck me beautiful! This is just fuckin perfect…the damn raft is ruined now!” If you guessed that it was AJ cussing again…you would be, oh so, right. That is one of the most unattractive things, about that man. Not to say that he isn’t attractive, because…believe me…he is definitely attractive. Granted, in my personal opinion, he takes a back seat to Howie…but I digress.

“Well if you weren’t pulling it in the opposite direction of everyone else…and over the sharp rocks…maybe it wouldn’t have ripped. And must you use terms like ‘fuck me beautiful’ in the presence of women? It’s rude and I know your mom taught you better!” Kris wasn’t the type to yell…especially not at her dream man…but she gets irritated easily. I take that back…she gets irritated easily…when she has a migraine. All this time on the raft with no food, very little water, and a lot of sun has got the girl in some serious pain…so she’s a little…touchy.

“Are you saying this is myfault?!?” AJ was now staring her down, with his hands on his hips. If you ask me, he kinda looked like my mom, when she gets mad…but I don’t think I’m gonna be telling him that.

“Enough. Now really isn’t the time to be fighting, now is it?” Something was giving me the feeling that this was going to be good soap opera material. As a matter of fact, whenever…if we ever…get rescued and get home…I am selling this story to NBC or something. No wait…maybe I’ll write a book.

“Shut the hell up, Stephanie. No one asked you!” I snapped my attention toward Bruce. How could he talk to his girlfriend, like that? Was he insane? Then again…I would expect a guy with a name like Bruce, to be a dick head. Between him and AJ…I was already getting sick of the crappy male attitude. But then…I glance over at Howie…at least he is calm and collected. Then again…he’s the only one who has gotten much sleep the past couple days. I swear it’s true…that man can sleep anywhere!

Looking at the situation, anyone could see that this was going to be the most interesting experience of all our lives. Stephanie, Kris and I might be the envy of millions of women, worldwide…being stranded with two of the Backstreet Boys, and all…but I’m not so sure it’s gonna be all it cracked up to be.

“GRRRRRRRRROOOOOOOWWWWWL” What the…?!?
Chapter End Notes:
I hope everyone is still liking this...we're gonna be getting into some fun adventures! Oh and...special thanks to Miss Resa for listening to me brainstorm. ;-)