- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Hope you all enjoy this chapter!
Chapter Seventeen




He woke up feeling groggy and dizzy....his head hurt horribly from the migrane taking over him. Opening his eyes, he blinked...not having a clue where he was. It was a small room, and there were no windows...he couldn't tell what time of day it was as he didn't wear a watch. He was startled to find his hands in handcuffs behind his back, his body resting on the cold floor underneath. He shivered a little...the handcuffs were very tight and dug into his wrists.



"This has to be a dream. Please let this be a dream." he begged softly as he tried to move again, but his body was restricted.


"Ah, you're awake." a low voice commented as it entered the dark room.

"Where am I?" he asked as the sound of stiletto heels echoed on the cement floor. His question was answered by a cold laugh.

"You're mine now, Carter." the voice said. Nick kept praying silently this was a dream. It had to be a dream...

"You didn't answer my..." he began, but the only reply was a swift kick that landed in his side...sharp pain stabbed in his stomach and he fought off the urge to cry out.

"You will speak when I allow you to." the voice snapped. He felt his eyes water and blinked back tears. A pair of green eyes stared back at him, cold and unforgiving in the darkness.

"Lucy....." Nick gasped. Brian was right....she was right in front of him the whole time.

"What did you expect? You told me you loved me!" Valerie shouted. She raised her hand to slap him, but when she saw him flinch she thought better of it. It was time to claim her prize.

"I never said I loved you." Nick protested.



"SHUT UP!"


"But...."



SLAP. Her hand came across his face, her red nails scratching him.

"You told me you loved me." Valerie said calmly. Nick's heart raced...his eyes searching. He did not recall telling anybody but Lauren he loved them...but then it hit him. The girl at soundcheck, the one who said she loved him. Nick's face drained of color as he remembered. He had said the three magic words to a total stranger. Brian had warned him, they all had told him...but he didn't listen.

"You're name isn't Lucy is it?" he whispered. She kicked him again, and the handcuffs cut into his wrists.

"Well, you're not as dumb as you look." Ouch. Nick frowned at her, shaking his head slowly. This girl was the one leaving the notes. He was staring right at Lauren's murderer. She had killed her....left her body for him to find. He wondered if anybody knew he was missing...wondered if the police thought he had killed Lauren.



"You killed her." he whispered, the tears falling. He felt weak for crying in front of this girl, he wasn't sure if her name really was Lucy or what she even called herself. Everything was so confusing, he didn't know how he had even ended up here in this room. Lucy did not answer, she simply laughed....kneeling down and tried kissing his face. Nick moved his head away as far as he could.


"STOP MOVING!" she screamed as she grabbed his hair and held his face still. Nick whimpered softly as she kissed him. He did not enjoy it like last time. Her presence was very dominating but he managed to resist kissing her back. She had taken Lauren away, he knew this was not a good situation.

"Why are you doing this?" he asked once she had let go of his hair. His scalp stung but he couldn't reach it to rub his head. Lucy simply laughed again.

"You belong to me now, that's all you need to know." she told him with a satisfied smirk. Nick felt if he kept talking to her maybe he could convince her to let him out of the handcuffs at least, so when she left he would try to escape.

"Lucy..."

"Valerie." she corrected him, staring at him angrily. Now that he had figured out who she really was, there was no point in keeping up with her new name. Besides, he was never going to see anybody else again....not going to be able to blab about what she had done or was about to do to him.

"Valerie....why did you lie to me?" Nick asked. She sighed, it was a valid question. However, in her mind she was angry. He had told her he loved her but had dumped her for that bitch. A smile played at her lips, she had won. Lauren had put up a fight when she was strangling her, when she was begging for Nick to be left alone as her last breath.

"I love you, Nick....more than anything...we all do crazy things when we love someone." she said softly. Nick frowned at her.

"So killing my girlfriend was okay? Leaving her for dead was ok because you're in love with me?" he spat. She kicked him in the stomach and he did cry out this time. Good. He should feel the pain he's caused me. Valerie thought.


"I'M YOUR GIRLFRIEND!" she screamed.

"I don't love you, you're crazy." Nick said. She smacked him again but he didn't seem to get the message. He would bend to her soon enough.

"We will see how you feel tomorrow." she said, walking out of the room. His stomach growled, he wished he knew what time it was....he had no idea when he ate last. The handcuffs were scratching again and his back hurt already, but he was sure he could keep resisting Valerie. He wondered again if anybody knew he was missing and hoped he would be out of this situation soon.