- Text Size +

It was midnight but I didn’t care, I was going to find out what Alex’s problem was. Why was he so intent on ruining my relationship with Nick? I banged on his door, knowing he would be there. I waited for him to answer the door.

 

“What do you want?” He shot daggers at me. I pushed myself into his room. This was going to be over tonight. I was no longer going to play Alex McLean’s game. After tonight Alex was going realize that I was in control.

 

“I can’t believe how immature you are. You need to grow up and stop playing games. I’m tired of you feeding everyone a line of bull about Nick and me. You need to mind your own business.” I shouted at him.

 

“What the hell are you talking about? I haven’t said two words about you or your precious Nicky. I could care less about you. You’ve ruined your life not me.” He leaned against the wall.

 

“Don’t play dumb with me. I’ve known you all your life. I know the games you play, especially when things don’t go your way. I just talked to mom. She told me about the rumors your starting. Grow up Alex.”

 

“What are you talking about?”  He acted innocent.

 

“You told mom that Nick is interested in someone. Apparently, she thinks its not me. I guess he likes someone else on tour. Which is funny since he spends most of his time alone. How could he have the hots for someone?” He stared at the ground, knowing he was guilty. I could always catch him in a lie. My brother was so stupid.

 

“Maybe he does have the hots for someone. I think it’s time for him to move on. You aren’t the same woman he loved. You are self-centered, shallow, and egocentric. I don’t blame Nick for moving on.” Alex spat at me with hatred.

           

“First off Alex self-centered and egocentric mean the same thing. I guess I have the brains in the family. You don’t know anything about me. Don’t go pointing fingers at me because you aren’t perfect . I don’t expect you to understand anything about me or my life. It doesn’t matter. Nick knows the truth and we’ve decided to be friends. Just get over it. I’m tired of you and Brian, neither of you know what’s going on, so just leave me and Nick alone.” I slammed the door in his face. I felt better telling him off.

 

Alex had better get his facts straight the next time he decides to spread gossip around. Did he think I was stupid? He knew that his rumor would get back to me. I didn’t understand why he hated me so much. It was nothing new, throughout our teen years we always fought. I just wish we were close again.

 

“What’s your issue this time, Rachel?” Brian asked rudely.

 

“Go to hell. I don’t think you want to mess with me right now.” I glared at him. I was in no mood to deal with him.

 

“My my my, you haven’t changed one bit. You are still a snotty bitch. I never knew what Nick saw in you. You must be good in bed because that is the only reason I can see him with a woman like you.”

 

“What do you have against me? You haven’t liked me since you met me. What have I ever done to you?”

 

 “You have no clue do you?” He looked at me with an evil smirk.

 

“Brian, I have no clue, but I’m tired of fighting with everyone. We’re adults, can’t we just get along?”

 

“Did you know I had a crush on you? No you didn’t because you were wrapped up in yourself since the day I met you that you didn’t notice me.”

 

I stood there in shock. I couldn’t believe he liked me. Why was he still being rude towards me? He was happily married.

 

“Why didn’t you ever say anything to me?” I whispered.

 

“I asked you to hang out all the time. You always blew me off for dance class or studying. I just wanted you to get to know me. Then when you chose to hang with Nick, I was jealous.”

 

“I didn’t realize that you were asking me out on dates. Brian, I was just a stupid teenager. Why didn’t you just ask me on a date instead of saying you want to hang out at the mall. I wasn’t the brightest when it came to boys back then.”

 

“Whatever Rachel. You always brushed me off.” He looked hurt.

 

“Brian, I’m sorry. That was years ago. Why are you holding a grudge now? You are happily married.” I asked curiously.

 

“I love my wife, but I’m still attracted to you. I can’t help how I feel when I see you. That’s why life was so much easier when you were gone. I could forget about you. Now your back and always around. It’s making my life harder.”

 

“Shit, Brian. What do you want me to do? “ I was confused. I felt bad for Brian, but get over it already. You’re married and you need to get over your teenage crush.

 

“What can you do? I know you are here for good. I know that you and Nick will eventually get back together. I need to come to terms with the issue. I’m sorry if I have been an ass to you all these years. I was jealous of Nick’s relationship with you. He’s my best friend, so I couldn’t take it out on him. You ended up the target. It’s going to take time to work through this. Can we please keep this between us?”  I nodded. He walked away.

 

I was more confused than ever. Could life get any weirder?