- Text Size +

I was sitting at my desk trying to get some work done. The office was lonely without the guys, even if they hardly spoke to me. I wish that I was on tour with them, it would be like old times.

 

I got up to get a file, when I heard a ding from my computer. I sat back down and saw Kevin was instant messenging me. I wonder what he wanted. Kevin didn’t really get involved in the battle the other guys had created against me. He kind of stayed to himself. I was curious what he was  messaging me about.

 

          Instant Messanger

                        Body Beautiful: Hello Rachel

                        Cinderella bsb: Umm…..hi Kevin.

                   Body Beautiful: You sound shocked to hear from me.

                        Cinderella bsb: To say the least. What do I owe  this honor?

                        Body Beautiful: I just want to apologize. I’m sorry.

                   Cinderella bsb: Kev you don’t owe me an apology. I understand.

                        Body Beautiful: Hear me out, darling.

                        Cinderella bsb: Ok. :)

                        Body Beautiful: I was wrong not to talk to you. What happened

is between Nick and you. You two have to work it out. I understand why you came back and I wish you the best of luck.

Cinderella bsb: Thanks Kev. Why now?

Body Beautiful: I’ve been doing a lot of thinking. Nick loves you, he never stopped. I think both of you have suffered enough. It’s time to work things out. Don’t spend the rest of your life being miserable because of one mistake.

Cinderella bsb: That’s easier said than done. I’m glad to have your support but it doesn’t change things between me and Nick. I came back to try to work things out, but its not working out. I wish I had the solution to make things better, but I don’t.

Body Beautiful: The solution will come and I will be singing at your wedding. Anyway, I have another reason for iming you.

Cinderella bsb: Ok. What do you want?

Body Beautiful: Can you come on tour? One of our dancers broke her leg and we need you to replace her.

Cinderella bsb: Why me? I haven’t danced in years. I’m not 18 and can learn dances in 3 days.

Body Beautiful: Don’t lie to me!! I know that you were a dancer on a cruise ship before you came back to Florida. I know for a fact that you were the dance captain and assistant choreographer. So I arranged for a limo to pick you up in 4 hours. I’ll see you tomorrow morning. Love ya. Bye.

 

 

That dirty rotten scoundrel. How dare he be nice to me and play a cruel trick on me. I had two choices to make; runaway again or pack my things and go on tour with the boys. My choice was simple; go on tour.

 

I didn’t care what the other guys would think about me being on tour. At this point it really didn’t matter. I was there to do a job and without me the tour wouldn’t go as planned. At least Howie and Kevin were talking to me. With their friendship I could face anything. Sure I have doubts about working with Nick everyday, but I was going to be mature and friendly with him. At least we could become friends.

 

-------------------------------

 

“What are we going to do about finding a new dancer?” Nick said in concern.

           

“I talked to Fatima this morning. She said she found a new dancer. She’ll be here today to learn the dances.” Kevin informed everyone including Nick.

           

“How is this dancer going to learn all of our dances by Monday? She must be an incredible dancer.”

           

“Oh she is!!!” Fatima exclaimed as she walked into the room.

           

“When will she get here?” Howie asked smiling. He couldn’t wait to see the look on the other guys faces, especially Nick’s.

           

“She’s waiting outside. She’s a little nervous. Please be nice to her.” Fatima walked to the door and opened it.

 

I was nervous to see the reaction of Brian, Alex, and especially Nick. I slowly walked through the door.

           

“Hi guys.” I whispered. Kevin and Howie smiled at me. I felt my confidence grow stronger. I knew that everything was going to be okay.

           

“You can’t be serious! This is absurd.” Shouted Brian.

           

“Calm down. She is the best dancer. Rachel can learn those dances by Monday. Can’t you act like a mature adult instead of a little boy holding a grudge.” Kevin defended me.

         

“How do you think Nick feels having her here?” AJ asked in concern for Nick. I knew he was just pissed because I was there.

           

“AJ calm down. It’s not a big deal. I don’t have a problem working with her. At least she cares about the tour and making it look good. Not many people would come on tour with a brother and friends who aren’t talking to her. Grow up AJ and you to Brian. Just deal with it, I can.” Nick got up and left the room.

 

I was stunned to say the least. Of all people to defend me I didn’t think it would be Nick. I assumed he would just keep quiet like he usually did. Maybe things were starting to work out.

           

Alex and Brian left the room. I sat down with Kevin and Howie. We all just stared at each other. The silence was bothering me. I couldn’t keep quiet any longer.

           

“Kevin how dare you force me to come on tour! I know you two had this planned.”

           

“We’re sorry Ray. It just kind of happened.  Tammi broke her leg and what were we to do. You’re the best dancer we know.” Howie said sweetly.

           

“Howie that is sweet of you, but flattery will get you nowhere.”

           

“Rachel go get change, we start rehearsal in ten minutes in the ballroom. Kevin and Howie be down there in two hours.” Fatima walked out of the room.

           

“Why don’t you two have to be there til later?” I questioned they guys. I realized that something was up. They weren’t telling me everything. I could see the look of guilt on their faces.

           

“Umm….Fatima is probably going to teach you the dances before you do them with us.”

           

“Umm….sure Howie. I believe you.” I said with fake sincerity. I left him and Kevin sitting at the table.

           

“Nice save Howie.” Kevin smiled.

 

“They will be together by the end of this tour. They both need a little push to bring them together.”