- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
this chapter is told from nicks point of view.
I paced back and fourth waiting for the sex of our baby to be revealed. If I’m this nervous about our baby how am I going to make it to our wedding. Jill squeezed my hand to help settle my nerves it worked a little. We were sitting In the room waiting for doctor Sanders to show up when I saw Jill crying out the corner of my eye. What’s wrong hunny everything is fine I said as I took her hand kissing it. She looked at me these are happy tears all my dreams came true. I’m so happy my emotions are getting the best of me I love you nick.

I smiled at her thanking her for giving me a chance to be in her life and for giving me a new perspective of my own life. Doctor Sanders took Jill’s vitals then set her up on the table to put that cold gel stuff on her large tummy. Doctor sanders says your proud parents of a baby boy. My Brain was on overdrive I think I called everyone in my phone twice to tell them the good news. When we got home jill immediately pulled out the baby books to name our little dude. We spent 2 hours looking through them having no success with names. I sighed wondering how it can be so hard to name a child.

Jill still has that dreaded book in her hand when I say What about Noah James Thomas carter after Age and Brian. Jill shakes her head what about Dallas James Thomas Carter . How could I say no to her she’s the best thing to ever happen to me. I smiled rubbing her tummy sounds great babe. Preparing for a baby is not an easy task I’m told. Jill is having A Girl’s day out while the guys and I are hard at work painting Dallas’s room.

Alex smirks saying sleep now while you can when little mans born you become a robot. I made a mental note to get lots of sleep and practice so when Dallas gets here I wont be a robot. Brian says I can’t believe how fast the kids are growing hell baylee will be two in November, Maddie is 5 months and nicks little dude will be here in 4 months. Alex says we start touring in October, this will be the first time I’m sober on tour. I grinned have you told Kim the rule about tour yet Bone. He smirked yeah the dreaded baby curse while on tour she knows. Kevin smiled this is going to be one hell of a year I’m glad I get to spend it with you goofballs. Poor Kevin he has no idea what he is in for this year.

I smiled the room is slowly coming together I hope Dj is going to like it. Howie says looks like little dude has a name. I smirk yes Dallas James Thomas Carter to be exact. I wasn’t about to tell Jill no we compromised. She picked his first name I picked the middle names. Kevin and Howie looked a little hurt with my decision to name Dallas after Brian and Aj. I went over to Kevin and howie please don’t be upset I care about all of you, I’ll have more kids to give your names too. We hugged then went back to work on the nursery.

I pulled dinner out of the oven just as jill walked in the door. Something smells delicious she said as she sat down at the table. I made your favorite I smiled putting the plate down in front of her. She smiled at me then ask why do you treat me so good? . I smiled I wanted you to know that I appreciate everything you have sacrificed for me. I fall deeper in love with you every day. I knew by the tears in her eyes that she felt the same way.

I will never complain about rehearsal again Alex. Wedding planning is so much harder. What do I know about flowers and napkin designs. I like being involved in helping Jill plan our wedding, I just didn’t know it would be this hard. Alex grinned Just make a list of things you want in your wedding and everything else will fall in place. Does that help make things easier to decide on.

Well you tell me Kim and I get married in 3 months all that we have left to do is send out invitations, get my tux and pick up her dress. I looked at Alex then smiled thanks you just made this easier for me. He smirked all the planning will be worth it nick. I left the studio early heading home to prepare my list. I spent 2 hours adding things and taking things out till I finally was happy with the list in front of me. It amazes me how quickly the wedding planned itself after I made my list.

It’s been a whirlwind 4 months here in backstreet land. Alex is officially off the market as of a month ago. The wedding was spectacular and full of surprises. Aj surprised Kim with a month long honeymoon in Fuji. I volunteered to watch Madison till they return in 2 weeks. Its good practice for when Dallas comes next month.

Jill is at the doctors for a checkup while I’m home alone with Madison. She is 9 months old and a ball of energy. I think I’ve napped more then she has today. I glanced at the baby monitor smiling Maddie was asleep. Jill came home to dinner and a clean house. She smiled wow babe you were busy while I was out. I smiled hugging her I missed you Maddie is finally asleep. She took my hand leading me to our room. We climbed in bed snuggling just as I closed my eyes Madison’s cries flooded the room. This is going to be A Long two weeks.