- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Nick and jill's Baby boy has arrived. Kim is back working. Jill's mom comes to stay with them for a few months.
I am pacing back and fourth the hallway of the hospital with Madison in my arms. Here nick let me take her and you get in there with Jill. Brian takes Madison from my arms and I run into the room to be with jill. I take her hand I’m here hunny its going to be ok. In a few hours we are going to be parents this is so overwhelming. Jill squeezed his hand screaming as a contraction hit her.

31 hours later Dallas James Thomas carter came into the world kicking and screaming. The nurse placed DJ in my arms at that moment i secretly vowed to protect him from all evil in the world. I put him in Jill’s arms kissing her forehead as i made my way to the waiting area to let everyone know Dallas had arrived. I pushed the double doors open leading to the waiting area full of friends and family waiting for the news. Dallas james thomas carter is here 7lbs. 13oz 21 inches long blonde hair blue eyes and one hell of a set of lungs. All the guys hugged nick congratulating him. Alex says this calls for some cigars and pizza. Nick laughs thanks jay this is amazing now I know what it feels like to love unconditionally.

Nick looks like he has done this father thing for years. I am so proud of him. Something just came over me watching him hold our son. I wrapped my arms around him smiling I love you nick thank you for giving me a chance to get to know the real you. He smiled looking into Jill’s eyes you bring out the best in me. When we first met, I never pictured having a child and being engaged would be any part of my life. I am so grateful for the love you give me and I can’t wait to spend the rest of my life with you. Jill smiled kissing him the fans are going to be so upset all their men are married and having babies. Nick smirks Howie is the only one left poor girls. Dallas started crying letting Jill and I know its all about him now.

We have been home from the hospital for less then 3 days and I am sitting in traffic headed to a mandatory meeting at the studio. I hope the meeting goes fast I want to get back home to my beautiful fiancé and son. Nick walks down the hallway into the conference room taking his seat beside Brian. He smiles what a way to start the holidays with meetings and photo-shoots. What photo shoot I thought we only had a few meetings and then we get to go back home. I had a romantic evening planned for jill tonight nick says sighing. Kevin and howie arrive a few minutes later taking their seats just as Johnny walks through the door. 20 minutes later aj comes through the door sorry im late guys , our babysitter cancelled so I had to bring maddie with me. Are you crazy how are you going to focus on the photo shoot when you have to watch a baby? Nick says simple put her in the photo shoot that would make the fans buy the magazine even more.

Aj sighs great way to go nick what were you thinking put Madison in the photo shoot it will be great. Are you forgetting something? He grins no what are you so afraid of man. Aj says Uh dude you know how Kim and I do things she is going to freak when she sees the magazine with maddie in it. Stop being such a pansy just call her tell her it was managements idea he says grinning. Aj steps out of the room dialing his wife hoping it goes to voicemail. He was just about to hang up when Kim’s voice came over the line Hello Kimberly Mclean how may I help you ? Alex smiled are you busy baby I need to talk to you it’s important.

I have a few minutes before I have to get back to work how’s the meeting going? How’s Maddie is she still sleeping? Did you schedule lunch with mom? I laughed whoa baby slow down Lunch with mom is scheduled, Madison is sleeping, the meeting is what I want to talk to you about. We have some meetings and a photo shoot today and management came up with a crazy idea of putting Maddie in the photo shoot with us. I tried to tell them it wasn’t going to happen but they won’t budge. I wanted to call you and let you know so when you see the article you don’t kill me. She laughed Alex I don’t mind her being in the photo shoot as long as Johnny understands you and I will not exploit our child for his benefit.

The guys won’t let that happen I just wanted to call and let you know I love you and we will see you at dinner. I heard kim sigh and I said another late shift, make sure you eat we love you see you when you get home. Kim smiled glad Alex was so understanding, I love you Alex see you at home. He hung up the phone going back into the conference room looking down at maddie Looks like its just you and me again munchkin. Maddie looked up at her daddy smiled and went back to eating her cookie. Alex made sure during the photo shoot everything went right. Nick hugged us and headed out to get back to jill and Dallas.

I pulled the car in the garage getting Madison out of her seat, the 2 of us going inside to have dinner.
I was in the kitchen unloading the dishwasher smiling as the dogs ran to the door to greet Kim who had just got home. She got inside, the dogs were all jumping on her, and licking her they missed her just as much as I did. Kim patted their heads mommy missed all of you now off to bed with you. Molly, rascal, Vegas and JD went to their beds and laid down. Kim went to the table sitting down exhausted from work.

How did everything go with the meetings babe? Alex looked at his tired wife; we had four meetings which lasted until 5 then the photo shoot which turned out great. The magazine comes out Friday maddie did so well you should of seen her our daughter is a natural. Kim smiled climbing into my lap kissing me. What was that for beautiful? Thank you for being so understanding with me working and coming home late. I know it’s hard for you at times, she said as she led me to the den. We made love several times covering every inch of the den. We slowly made our way to the bedroom and collapsed in each others arms. Kim looked up at me with sleepy eyes I love you Alex. I smiled at her kissing her forehead I love you too. We went to sleep in each other’s arms with smiles on our faces.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I made my way to the nursery with a bottle for Dallas. He is definitely my son we carters have a tremendous appetite. I sit in the rocking chair with him watching him eat sighing as I think about having to leave him and jill when the tour starts next month. Jill lays awake in bed watching her two men on the baby monitor smiling I am so blessed she says. Nick puts a sleeping Dallas in his crib turning on the nit elite then makes his way back to his room. When he climbs in bed jill puts her arms around him smiling time for bed nick. We have to be at the airport to meet my mom by noon. Nick smirks kissing jill yes dear we will be up in time to meet your mom. He kisses Jill’s neck and proceeds to make love to her all night until they pass out of sheer exhaustion.

We made our way to the airport to pick up Jill’s mother who is staying with us for 3 months. I smiled to myself at least they won’t be alone when I leave for the tour next month. Jill smiled as I loaded her mom’s bags into the car this woman has more bags then jill now I know where she gets her shopping obsession from. How was the flight here mom, I missed you . It was uneventful I missed all of you as well. Nick thank you for letting me come stay at your place so I can see jill and my grandson. I smiled you don’t have to thank me I would never keep your daughter from you. We are glad to have you with us and now I wont have to worry about them so much when im on the road next month. Jill takes my hand I am going to miss having you here everyday. I smile kissing her I know beautiful but at least we will be married before I leave for tour next month. Jill says I wonder how Kim is going to take the news about the tour. I say actually she is fine with it AJ told me his mom is flying out in 2 weeks to stay with Kim. Jill smiled ya I will have my best friend and my mom to keep me company. I swallowed hard thinking I am so in trouble when jill finds out kim and Denise will be with us for the first leg of the tour. We get back to the house and things go smoothly for the next 3 weeks.
Chapter End Notes:
What will happen when jill finds out about kim being able to be with alex on tour but she cant be with nick. How will nick deal with being away from his family while on tour? What other drama will unfold for the guys as they start a new tour