- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Alex goes with nick to the mall to find a gift for Jill whiles he there he picks up a ring for kim thats right he popped the question
February 14th,2004:
I used to not care about valentines day to me it was just another day that was untill kim came along. now i find myself in the kitchen wearing an apron baking heart shaped cookies, god i feel like such a girl. I set up a spa day for kim so i could go pick up nick and help him pick out a gift for Jill. I put the cookies away so the dogs can't get them and headed to pick up nick. Nick had just locked the door and was coming down the steps when aj pulled in the driveway. Nick climbed in the truck shut the door and smiled.

"Ready to shop bone i gotta find the perfect gift for jill. " Yeah i know thats why i'm helping you,plus i can get my shopping done too. " I thought you already got kim's gifts."Nick did you forget that i'm asking her to marry me today? " Yeah i did bone i'm sorry so thats why we are going to tiffanys. " Yea nick this is a big step for me i just hope she says yes. " Don't worry bone she will say yes she's crazy about you.

Alex smiled as they parked the car walking in to the mall. Alex groaned honestly nick just pick something already im sure jill will like it. Nick smiled as he followed aj into tiffanys. Alex walked up to the counter hey sam, is it ready? " Here ya go Mr.mclean she is one lucky lady." Nope im the lucky one sam i'll be seeing you.

Nick looked at aj let me see man. He smiled showing nick the ring. "Holy Shit that is so awsome i know she will say yes now. " Lets go i have a lot to do before kim gets home. They left the mall getting in the truck heading back to the house. Kim remind me to thank alex for letting you have a spa day Jill said.

Kim just laughed your welcome i'll be glad to see my feet again. He sure does love spoiling me even when i tell him not too. He says i deserve it because i put up with his crazy self. Jill says yeah well i already gave nick his gift this morning. I can't wait to see what alex got you. Kim says how bout we finish up here so i can get home and find out then i can tell you at dinner later tonight. Jill smiles helping kim to the car then drops her off at home.

Kim walked up the steps opening the door Baby I'm home. " I'm in here alex yelled from the kitchen. Kim waddled into the kitchen those cookies smell yummy. Thanks for the spa babe it felt great. "Your welcome remind me to never let nick loose in victoria secrets again. "Oh god you poor baby i thought you liked victoria secrets.

I love the store because it has stuff i can get you to model for me. " Is that so well i dont think anything will fit right now i'm a whale. " Aw baby your beautiful some more stuff for the nursery came today. I read some of the baby name books how do people comeup with so many names for one little person. Kim smiled i dunno but we need to think of some i really dont think she likes being called her or baby mclean all the time. Alex smiles why don't we just pick from the hat we put all those names in last month.

Kim hugged him ok you go get the hat i'll stay here with the cookies to make sure the dogs don't eat them she said putting one in her mouth. Alex shook his head ok cookie monster i'll get the hat. He came back to the kitchen with the hat smiling when he saw there was still cookies left. " I only had 3 i don't want the little one bouncing on my bladder at dinner tonight. " i got the hat lets see what mommy and daddy are going to call you baby girl. Alex sat the hat down on the table you first baby.

Kim dug around the hat and said the paper says Bridgette. Alex dug around the hat the paper says Abigail. They each pulled 3 more names out the hat. How are we ever gonna choose between these names alex kim said.He grinned easy process of elimination the ones we dont like go back in the hat then we pick from whats left. The names that were picked are Bridgette,Abigail,Natalie,Madison,Emily,Ariel,Chloe, and Destiny kim said.

Alex says which ones go back in the hat, he watched as kim threw 2 names in the hat your turn baby. He smiled throwing 2 names in the hat as he said another one and another one bites the dust. Kim smiles you are such a nerd at times lets see what names are left Natalie,Madison,Ariel, and Emily. This is so hard she says looking at alex. He smiled lets both write down a name then on the count of 3 show eachother what we got. Kim smiled writing down the name she liked then she tried looking over alex's shoulder to see what he wrote.

Hey no peeking he said now you get to go first. Kim says lets jsut do it together. Alex says whatever you wrote is what we will use so go ahead babe. Kim says i picked madison why are you grinning like that alex. He smiles i picked madison too baby. He kissed her forehead then went to get ready for dinner. Kim was putting on her makeup when she saw alex in the doorway.

He smiled looking at kim then got down on one knee. Alex what are you doing she said looking at him. Alex looked at kim 8 months ago, i was going down a path that was leading to despair then you came into my life and changed everything. I know its only 8 months but i can't imagine my life without you and madison in it Kimberly will you marry me and let me love you forever. Kim looked at alex and then the ring it was beautiful. It had 8 small diamonds surrounding a pink 18 carat stone my eyes filled with tears as i looked down Oh alex yes i'll marry you i love you so much.

Alex smiled kissing kim look what it says she looks at what was engraved to the angel who changed what i believe in.Alex puts the ring on her finger i love you too my beautiful angel. Kim giggled i can't wait to see everyones faces at dinner when we tell them we are engaged. I smiled at the thought of seeing all their priceless faces. This was going to be a valentines dinner i would never forget.
Chapter End Notes:
what will happen at dinner how will the guys react to the news of alex being engaged stay tuned