- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
This will be the last chapter for now coz I am on vacation next week but please feel free to review and let me know if you like it :)
Neela's POV
 
Here I am, 27, a plastic surgeon and back in the States the place where I never wanted to go again. I have good memories but I also have had some really bad memories but this was in Florida and not California. Honestly, I don't wanna think about my past in Florida.
L.A is an amazing city and I am already in love with this city. I loved my new apartment in Santa Monica it was small but it had everything I needed, a small kitchen, bedroom, bathroom and a living room and the best was it was it has an balcony. It was fully “furnished.” I liked the style.

I can't believe but I got the chance to work at cedars-sinai , they begged me for over four months now to sign a unlimited contract and finally I gave in. I needed a change…

I was on my to cedars-sinai , I had plenty of time before I had my appointment to sign the most important contract in my life. Yes, life was definitely good to me I smiled to myself. I loved being a doctor this was what I’ve wanted since I was six years old and it was a hard to become one with all the school and the studying and the good grades but now it felt amazing.

I already had called Leighanne to tell her that I will be around for the next time she wanted to hang out in person, she was excited like a little child, and she barely could contain herself for not telling Baylee.
The Littrell’s mean a lot to me they have always been there for me in the past. They were the ones who booked my flight back home after what had happened with Nick in Florida. Yeah, I was still part of the Backstreet family, which was amazing.
The past five years I had a very good friendship with Brian and Leighanne and with Baylee, who still adored me. And in every other video chat he said that one day he wanted marry me. I always smiled back at him and blew him a kiss into the camera.
I never cared how successful Brian the other guys were for me they were my friends, amazing loving friends.
I don't wanna say or think too much about my past in Florida because it still hurts (after five years) but what I can say is that I lost a friend, a really good and close friend by choosing him as boyfriend. This boyfriend was Nickolas Gene Carter; yes the one from the Backstreet Boys. But enough from him he isn't my future and never will be again…

I stopped at Starbucks to satisfy my addition to coffee.
As I walked into the shop, there were only a few people sitting around and drinking their coffees. After me, some people entered the shop and were standing behind me in the queue.
I smiled at the male assistant and did my order, “The biggest Pumpkin Latte you can serve.”
“Ok, a venti just one moment” the male assistance replied and chuckled. He looked really yummy I thought to myself and my smile got brighter.

There is only one other person I know who shared my addiction to this amazing tasting coffee Angel Carter. We had pretty good times in the past and I missed her, after the break up we barely have had contact but Nick wasn't reason for this. It was more the fact that she was a successful model and I was studying my ass off to become a doctor.
Memo to myself I need to call her in the next days.

I got my coffee and the guy was flirting with me and I was flirting with him. Maybe I should go out with him and have some fun. This was not my last Pumpkin Latte in this Starbucks but he doesn't have to know yet.

As I was about to leave I saw HIM, yes HIM and his girlfriend, hook up or whatever she was to him. He just looked up from his cell phone right into my eyes.
I stopped in front of them “Hi Nickolas,” I said.
I guess he was as shocked as I was to see him here and it made me chuckle inside.
He took a breath and finally he said hi to me and that I looked awesome.
I tried to start a little small talk as I realized that it was getting late and I had to go. He asked if we see each other again and I said maybe but I don't know. I smiled, said ‘goodbye’, and left the shop.

Outside of the shop I took a deep breath this was 'wow' I mean how many Starbucks are in L.A.? That's so typically me I chose the one where I have to bump right into him, okay I didn't know that he was living in L.A. right now but uhm, this was weird.

When I talked to Leighanne about a day ago I asked her not to tell any of the other guys I was back, I wanted some time of my own because as soon as they know I was around I knew they would wanna hang out. As I said, I was still part of the family.
Okay, now I can call AJ and tell him that I am around. I hesitated with calling him earlier because he isn't able keep his mouth shut. He would tell Nick, Howie, and Leigh right away that I was back and this is what I didn't want. Now that Nick knew I was around, it didn’t matter anymore.
AJ was the one of my closed friends in Florida. He always had told me that Nick and I would be a pretty couple and I always said 'No.' at this time. Till this one day where I was weak and made a big mistake. AJ was the one who picked me up from Nick's place that night and drove me over to Leighanne and Brian’s. He was also the one who told me the whole night that he really thought Nick would change for me but he didn't. Only thinking of this made tears filling my eyes. The past was getting to me and this was the last thing I wanted.

I arrived at cedars-sinai in time. I signed my contract and in about one week, it would be my first day, enough time to fix things in my apartment and meet my friends and go out having some fun before my work has me too busy.

Honestly, I can't wait for it…