- Text Size +
Epilogue


Backstreet Boys “Welcome Home” Brian Littrell
Associated Press

Missing in action Backstreet Boy Brian Littrell was spotted in Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport yesterday with band mates Nick Carter, and former Backstreet Boy Kevin Richardson. Brian Littrell had been missing for approximately nine months now, only a month after the accident that critically injured him and killed his wife Leighanne Littrell. No word has been released on where he had been or why.

The Backstreet Boys and their management have refused to comment at this time.




I set aside the article Nick printed out this morning. He was still afraid to leave me alone yet. Then again, so was everyone. So for now Nick, my parents, and Kevin were all staying here. Part of me couldn’t blame them. I did want to leave again, forget everything. I’m sure it was easier, being someone else. But easier wasn’t the answer.

I don’t remember anything since the meeting. I don’t even remember the accident. I’m supposed to see a therapist today about it. Kevin scheduled it. Not sure how I felt about that. But, I didn’t want to put Baylee through all that again. He needed me. I didn’t want to leave my baby boy. He was all I had of Leighanne now.

It was still early, only five in the morning. I knew I was the only one awake. That was how I wanted it. I needed the solitude, the space. Today I was going to go to visit her, before my session. I wanted to say goodbye. I wanted to tell her everything, she wouldn’t answer. I knew she would hear me. I hated myself for causing the accident. Even if I couldn’t remember it, the blame rested on me. I was the one driving. I was the one who couldn’t save her. Those feelings live on inside me, even if the memories won’t.

All I wanted was forgiveness.

Something I knew I would never get in this lifetime.

I’m sorry Leighanne.

I love you.
Chapter End Notes:

Thanks to everyone who supported this story! Sorry I got sidetracked on it for so long (especially since it's not a long novella). But I hope you enjoyed it!