- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
So I keep getting this idea in my head and so here is the first chapter let me know what you think.
Alex awoke to the sound of a truck pulling up somewhere in his neighborhood. He turned to his left and saw his fiancée still fast asleep. It was lazy day for the both of them. He was unwinding from tour and recuperating from his knee surgery.

Curiosity got the best of him though and so he walked to the window and took a peek. He was a little surprised to see Mr. Johnson commanding movers in and out of his house. It was weird really because if Alex remembered correctly Mr. Johnson had welcomed him to this neighborhood and many times had mentioned he would never sell his home.

Knowing it would still be a while before his monkee woke up he walked slowly down the stairs and out the door. “Hey Phil,” he greeted his neighbor as he wobbled toward the wire fence that separated there yard. “Moving after all?” he asked.

“Yeah I got an offer doubling what the house is worth now. So couldn’t resist besides the wife wants to travel to Europe so the heck why not, maybe another family can make this house warm and inviting. How’s the knee?” the old man but built due to his years as being a coach a football coach to be exact.

“It’s there, so you got a good offer then.” Alex said eyeing the house. It was one of the nicest houses in the neighborhood aside from his and a few more.

“Yeah some crazy lady was house shopping and they were showing her some house down the street but when she saw mine she fell in love with it. She knocked on my door and I happened to be home running late for practice,” he chuckled a little. “Yeah so then her real estate agent asked me if I would be interested in selling the house. I of course said no and the woman cleared her throat and gave an offer. My mouth literally almost touched the floor… I saw the look on her face and the next thing I knew I had a deal.”

“Wow,” Alex said hearing the story. “I am going to miss you Phil.”

“Me too McLean,” Phil said as he smiled. “But its time for me to move on anyway my kids are in college, its just me and Katy now so why not sell it?”

“I totally understand, but your still coming to my wedding right?” Alex asked him.

“Of course wouldn’t miss it for the world.”

******

“Really so he’s gone,” Rochelle asked in disbelief as she prepared a snack for Alex and her.

“Really… he sold his house.” He said as he grabbed a grape and ate it.

“I wonder how our new neighbor looks like,” Rochelle said mischievously as she looked out the kitchen window. “Holy shit she has a nice car that I can say a classic.”

Alex stood up and gawked at the ford mustang it was yellow with black. “I bet it’s a 69,” Alex said and then he was startled a tall redhead smiled at him and waved. “Shit she saw us.” He said waving back slightly.

“Well now we can’t just pretend like we don’t exist can we?” Rochelle said grabbing Alex’s hand and pulled him out the house.

Right behind the mustang was a smart car parked. Rochelle giggled as she pointed it out. “She’s green friendly.”

“HI,” Rochelle and Alex jumped a little as they heard the voice.

“Hi,” Alex said smiling a little as she saw her come out of the house a rag in her hand. “I’m Alex and this is my fiancée Rochelle,” he said politely.

“Hi, I’m Daphne,” she smiled at them. “So you like my baby? I saw you eyeing it, you can borrow it when ever. I usually use Herb anyway.” She said as she pointed to the smart car.

“Ok,” Alex said a little baffled she was super jolly.

“Wow nice body art,” she said as she pointed to the both of them.

“Thanks,” Rochelle said. “Do you have any?” she asked.

“Yeah a dandelion on my back and a couple more.” She winked at her.

“Oh I see, so we just thought we would welcome you to the neighborhood. If you need anything we live here we’ll gladly help when we are here anyway.” Rochelle said with a smile.

“I’ll keep that in mind, but I am quite a good handyman myself.” Daphne said giggling as she saw her monkey come out of the house and crawled up to her shoulders. “Oh I’d like you to meet George.”

“George,” Alex said a little awkwardly as he eyed the monkey who was busy chewing on a banana.

“Yeah like curious George? I loved those books when I was younger.” She said.

Alex was in trance as he heard her she talked very animated. “Well we’ll let you get settled then.” He said as he pulled Rochelle away and back into there house.

Not before Rochelle waved to Daphne, “Nice meeting you and George.” She began to laugh as she got in. “She has a monkey as a pet!” she continued to laugh.

Alex began to laugh too… wait till the guys hear about my new neighbor. He too began to laugh, “Well she looks like she is enjoying life you have to give her that.”

“True,” Rochelle said.