- Text Size +
“Ugh,” Daphne complained as she applied some foundation on her face. “I hate this,” She said just wiping it all off. “JUST FUCK IT!” she yelled throwing it away.

“You don’t look to pale either way.” Janelle from where she watched.

“I look sickly though.” Daphne complained as she did her eye makeup.

“Daph why does it matter?” Janelle asked as she took a seat on the toilet.

“I just… don’t want anyone to feel sorry for me.” She said.

“Mhmmm… are you sure that’s it? Cause I have a feeling it has to do more with the fact that your neighbor is the one and only AJ McLean!” she finally said she had wanted for Daphne to tell her but she never elaborated more to her than that AJ was her neighbor.
Daphne shrugged a little and smiled, “I was wondering when you would finally ask me about that.”

“Well spill it already.” Janelle said smirking at her. “Did you already you know?”

“NOO! He’s engaged! It’s not like that at all.” Daphne said throwing Janelle her eye shadow brush.

“We are good friends and George likes him. His fiancée is a sweetheart.” Daphne said smiling dreamingly.

“Boring…” Janelle said making a gagging sound. “You have been in love with that man over there since I can remember!” she said pointing toward the direction of his house. “I mean you picked Chase because he freaking almost looks like him and made your parents accept him… there has to be more to this than your letting me know.”

“I just wanted to meet him pick at his head. Get to know the real Alex.” Daphne said sighing. “I know I’ve been a little obsessed with him but… I want him to be happy and that means Rochelle is right for him.” Daphne said as she put on her skirt

“I don’t know… the way he was looking at you at Les Deux gave a total different vibe.” Janelle said as she handed Daphne a grey shirt.

“You are just as always seeing things that are not there.” Daphne said as she put on her shoes.

“So after shopping where are we going?” Janelle asked ignoring her comment.

“You’ll see.” Daphne said.

*******

“My god it felt so cool shopping like I was ten again.” Janelle said as she helped Daphne put the bags in her trunk.

“Good I am actually hungry so why don’t we grab a bite before we head to Sunset Boulevard.” she said as she put the top of her mustang down. “I could use a tan.”

“I’m starving… where are we going?” Janelle asked as she hopped into the car.

“I don’t know we’ll see.” Daphne said as she drove away.

A few minutes later they were entering a deli. “I want a salad.” Daphne said as she looked at the menu.

“I don’t what I want yet.” Janelle said as she looked at her menu. She looked up and gasped. “You have to be kidding me is that Ashton Kutcher?” she asked in a whisper.

Daphne turned toward where Janelle stared… “Yeah.” She said hitting her arm. “Hey quit staring so hard.”

“It’s Ashton Kutcher!” she said smiling as she took of her sunglasses. “But your right… let me see what I want.”

******

“I can’t believe we got this!” Janelle said as she jumped laughing. “It’s been for ever since I got on one of these.”

Daphne smiled triumphantly, “I am glad we were able to put it together…without reading the manual.” She eyed the trampoline as her friend tested it out.

“Get up here already, it is awesome.” Janelle said doing a split in the air. “Oops I forgot I was wearing a skirt… don’t want to show my hooha!”

Daphne laughed as she walked back into her house and changed into a pair of skinny jeans and brought her Ipod to put music on. “I was smart.” She said pointing at her pants. She turned on her Ipod and got on the trampoline.

Janelle squealed when she heard the song… “Oh my god the perfect song is on.” She said as she began to dance to Katy Perry’s Teenage Dream.

“Lets go all the way tonight no regrets just love. We can dance until we die!” Daphne sang as she danced.

Alex was trying to take a nap but the laughs from Daphne and her friend woke him up and now he was walking out to his back yard. His smiled widened when he saw them jumping and dancing on a trampoline he swore he had not seen there before. He chuckled as they sang to Katy Perry.

Janelle stopped singing and blushed when she realized they had an audience. “ahem.” She said nudging Daphne who was still singing her lungs out.

“Oh,” Daphne said dropping onto the trampoline laughing. “Alex, how long have you been there?” she asked as she got off and walked toward the fence that separated there yards.

“Not long, having fun?” he asked as he lit a cigarette. “So when did you acquire that.” He pointed to the trampoline.

“Today! Come on join us its fun.” Daphne said laughing.
“I don’t know I don’t think I will look as graceful as you and Janelle did.” He said smiling at her and then looking at Janelle who still looked a little embarrassed.

“It’s not about jumping gracefully its about being worry free for a while. Go wild and not think!” Daphne said walking back to the trampoline and began to jump again. “Come on Alex don’t be a party pooper my gate is open come on.”

Alex laughed and eyed them, it did look fun. “How is it that you get to persuade me to do the silliest things?” he asked before he headed out of his house and toward hers.

Daphne clapped as Alex made it, "Yay... you are going to have a blast you wait and see." She extended her hand to him and helped him on. she watched as he took of his shoes before standing up.

"Ok I hope I don't make a fool of myself." Alex said as he began to jump. He smiled as he realized it was actually pretty fun.

Just then I Like It from Enrique Iglesias and Pitbull came on. "You like that?" he asked Daphne as she began to dance to it.

"I have a diverse taste in music, I would have thought you had figured that out already." she told him before she began to sing again.

Janelle just watched them interact... something told her that Daphne wanted more than his friendship.
Chapter End Notes:
Ok here is the next chapter... enjoy. Read and Review. :)