- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
SO here is another chapter...enjoy and don't forget to leave me a review! :)
“Ok you are fucking awesome!” Alex said as he took a seat on the sand. “Breakfast on the beach.”

“Well I was feeling a little pale, so I thought I can tan while I eat breakfast. I made breakfast burritos, fruit, coffee, and banana nut muffins. George’s favorite.” She said handing George a muffin.

“Ooh…” Janelle said taking a muffin and taking a bite. So Alex… I heard you’re engaged.” Janelle said smirking at him.

“Yeah… Rochelle is a great woman. I love her to death she’s real you know.” Alex said as he took a burrito and bit into it.

“Janelle,” Daphne said giving Janelle a warning look.

“What just getting to know the man, I mean we all know you were close to getting hitched but you ran!” Janelle said throwing Daphne a chunk of walnut.

“What?” Alex said eyeing Daphne in surprise.

“No… he never asked me.” Daphne said a little angry at her friend’s indiscretion. “It’s not my fault he waited till I had left to realize he wanted to marry me!” Daphne said standing up. She threw Janelle a burrito and walked away fuming.

“Daph,” Janelle said feeling a little bad for bringing up Chase.

“Maybe I should go see if she’s ok.” Alex said as he watched her walk toward the water.

“NO… she needs to be alone. Trust me I know.” Janelle said as she watched her friend.

“Apparently not if you told me something she clearly didn’t want me to know yet.” Alex said standing up and following Daphne.

Daphne closed her eyes the salty cool water hit her feet. This was the closest she could get to swimming now a days. She sighed heavily when she felt someone behind her. “I need a few minutes.”
“I’m sorry.” Alex said as he put his hands in his pockets. “I’ll pretend I didn’t hear Janelle.”

Daphne smiled and stare at him, “No its fine I would’ve told you eventually.” She extended her left hand.

“Wow is that the ring?” Alex asked as he held her hand feeling her warm hand in his. “It’s beautiful.”

“Yeah… he wanted me to keep it even if I did say no.” Daphne said taking her hand back from his. His touch made her a little nervous.

“SO why did you say no?” Alex said curiously.

Daphne sighed heavily and threw her arms in defeat before crossing them over her chest. “I didn’t want to drag him down. Chase is a great drummer in a really cool band and marrying me he would have had to leave all that. He is going to make it big some day… I didn’t want to be the one to destroy his aspirations. Besides… if I had accepted that would have ruined my plans to travel and live life. My mother always says a marriage is made up of two people and sacrifices… I wouldn’t want Chase to sacrifice his band and I definitely did not want to cease my wish… I know I am selfish person.”

Alex chuckled and smiled, “NO I find that very admirable. But you are young… I mean twenty five. Wait till you hit the three oh… then you might go back to Chase.”

Daphne smiled wryly… she then repeated it, ‘The three oh,” if he only knew she probably wouldn’t make it the two six. “By then Chase will be to busy rocking out in big arena’s to even remember me.” She said smiling at she thought about that.

“It’s a nice day today isn’t it. Maybe good for a swim after we finish that amazing breakfast you made… that will give the water time to warm as well.” Alex said as he realized it was best to not talk about her ex anymore.

“I can’t swim.” She told him shrugging. “I will gladly watch though.”

“Really?” Alex said eyeing.

“Yeah really…” She lied as her hand softly touched the catheter in her right side. The real reason she no longer swam… it could infected and infections were a big no no for some already as sick as she was.

*******

“Where’s Janelle?” Alex asked as he came back with three snow cones.

“Over there,” Daphne said smiling as she pointed to Janelle getting surfing lessons from some guy. A very hot guy.

“Well I guess more for us… I have a feeling she really isn’t into surfing?” Alex said making a face as he saw Janelle insinuating herself to the guy.

“Not a fan of surfing but of hot surfer guys yes.” Daphne said eyeing them. “And that guy is hot.” Daphne said as she saw her friend kiss him. “Oh my god, talk about ice breaker.”

Alex laughed, “Yeah.” He then eyed Daphne who wore a nice purple two piece a modest two piece. “So I have a feeling purple is your favorite color?”

“No… I like all the colors…except for pink. I hate pink with all my heart.” Daphne said gagging.

“I will not wear pink around you then.” Alex said chuckling. “Well purple looks nice on you…” he said and then smile as he remembered how nice she looked in white too.

“What?” Daphne asked breaking Alex’s trance. “You’re smirking like your have a naughty thought.” Daphne said staring at him curiously.

“NO I was not.” Alex said clearing his throat.

“Sure… it’s ok I always have naughty thoughts. It’s a natural human behavior especially if the naughty thought is about someone totally not available for you.” She said smiling.

Alex laughed, “And who would you have naughty thoughts about?”

Daphne shrugged and smiled, “Jared Leto, Jon Foreman, Steve Tyler?” she said biting her lip. “Ok can’t judge me on Steve Tyler there is something about that man… he’s a freaking legend.”

“I won’t judge… my list might not be the best either.” He said.

“So who was it from earlier?” Daphne asked again.

“I don’t think you really want to know.” Alex said as he took a big bite of his snow cone. “Ah fuck brain freeze.”

Daphne rolled her eyes and slapped his arm… “That’s not fair I tell you who I have naughty thoughts about but you can’t share? I know Rochelle is a given but come on!”

Alex sighed heavily and looked at her sincerely… “Do you really want to know?”

“Well not anymore I don’t want to bully you into it.” Daphne said.

“You.” Alex said. “I was thinking of you…” he then stood up and walked away. Why had he said it? Daphne would probably hate him now and there friendship would be very awkward… “Great Alex just great.” He said to himself as he continued to walk not caring that he had left a bewildered Daphne.