- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Ok so I've been a little slump so I haven't updated like usual... so FINALLY here is another chapter. Enjoy. Please leave me a comment.... oh and I would love your opinion on the next chapter... should Alex find out about Daphne's illness yet or no? And if so? From Janelle or Daphne? This will help... so please let me know. :)
Daphne had stayed frozen at Alex’s words. All she remembered was him walking away; finally she took a deep breath and stood up. She followed his foot steps on the sand and found him smoking away on a big rock. “Hey.”

Alex half smiled at Daphne as she approached him, “I’m sorry.” He said before he took another swig of his cigarette.

“For what?” Daphne asked as she walked closer to him… “Listen it’s my fault for insisting in you telling me. I just-” she bit her lip. “I wasn’t expecting that…”

“I know…” Alex said as he finished his cigarette. “I just I allowed myself to look at you as more than a friend, I guess Kevin was right when he said I had trouble deciphering what I really wanted in a woman. And then there was the dream I had about you…” He sighed heavily.

“It’s sort of flattering,” Daphne said blushing. “I just well I’m not that special… so let’s forget that this conversation ever happened.”

“I can try…” Alex said looking at her his eyes locking on hers. “I just don’t want any awkwardness between us. You have been an awesome friend and I’ve had the most fun with you… trust me in a long time!”

Daphne chuckled and took a deep breath, “Ok,” She slapped her hands on lap as she took a moment just staring at him.

“What?” Alex asked seeing the mischievous look on her face.

“I have this idea… a one time thing. For the sake of both of us.” She said standing up and taking his hand pulling him up. She placed him in front of her and smiled. “Close your eyes.”

“What?” Alex asked nervously as he felt her soft hands on his face.

“Close them…” Daphne whispered as she closed hers. “Trust me…”

“Ok,” Alex said as he closed his eyes. “What are you going to do?”

“Shh…” she said as she put a finger to his lips. “Now,” She said in a low tone as her finger left his lips and was now running the outline of his jaw. “I have a confession to make…”

Alex was feeling goose bumps as he felt her soft touch and her voice it was very enticing. “Yeah?”

“I said no talking…” Daphne said covering his mouth with her hand again. “You won’t talk again right?”

Alex only nodded as he playfully tried to bite her hand. He chuckled when he heard her yelp and slap his arm. “Sorry… I won’t talk again.” He shut his mouth and felt lonely with out her touch.

“You better not,” Daphne said as she again cupped his face with his hands. “Now where was I?” She smiled as she contemplated his face, “Oh yeah…I have to confess that I am very intrigued to know what this dream was about…but we both know better. So…” she stopped talking when she felt someone nearing.

Janelle looked at Daphne curiously and put her finger to her mouth to tell Janelle to not talk. She signaled for Janelle get everything ready to go and smiled when Janelle obeyed and left back to where they had everything.

Daphne sighed and then she looked at him again, “Now I am going to tell you something and I want you to remember this always. Life is short so you have to enjoy it once in while no matter what other people say. You are a great guy and I am sure you will find your happiness as long as you don’t loose your focus by focusing on what other people think you should focus on. I am very happy to have met you… you are just what I had expected.” She leaned in and kissed his cheek and then the other, she then leaned into his ear… “Now I want you to count till thirty and then open your eyes. Promise me you will…”

“I promise…” Alex said with a grin on his face. He was officially turned and Daphne was to blame she was good. He was feeling a little less crummy now. That’s when he felt it her lips on his it was a soft graze and then a little firmer. His hands found her waist as she kissed him intensely.

Daphne pulled a away but not before her hands covering his eyes. “Don’t open them yet,” She said as she pulled back. “Count to thirty…” she waited and sure enough he started to count.

“Are we going to play hide and seek now?” Alex asked as he continued to count. He was having difficulty counting though he was still thinking about the kiss. He licked his lips as he savored the moment. He didn’t get to thirty he just opened his eyes and his goal was to grab her and kiss her again. But she was gone…

After looking around the rocks and not finding her he walked back to where they had settled but was surprised to find no traces of her Janelle…not even George. “What the fuck?”

********

“So tell me why we are now staying at a hotel?” Janelle asked as she plopped on the bed.

“I’m selling my house,” Daphne said as she rubbed her neck. “I did something bad.”

Janelle rolled her eyes, “What could that be?” she asked.

“I kissed him.” Daphne said touching her lips, the tingle still there.

“Well didn’t I say that you living so close to him would mean trouble?”

“I didn’t think it would get there so quick, I had this idea in my head that maybe by that time I would be dead. I really don’t mean harm to him… I really do like Rochelle.” Daphne said.

“So that’s you plan on running again?” Janelle asked annoyed. “What about your stuff?”

“I have you…please?” Daphne asked.

“Uhm no… I think you should just enjoy it man, Rochelle isn’t even here.”

“NO, just please?” Daphne said as she rubbed her head fiercely. She wasn’t feeling to well.

“Fine…” Janelle said.

********

“Are you ok?” Janelle asked as she was awaken by her friend.

“I”ll be fine,” Daphne said as she turned on the water. She needed to bring her fever down, her pain was excruciating at the moment she didn’t know where it hurt more.

“I think we should take to the hospital,” Janelle said when she saw how pale and sweaty her friend was.

“NO I’ll be fine,” She said as she took a seat on the cold water gasping at it coldness.

“I’ll be right out here if you need me ok?” Janelle said worriedly.

Janelle had accidentally dosed off and woke up thirty minutes later. “Daphe?” she didn’t get a response so she walked back to the restroom on to scream. “Daphe,” She said as she shook her.

“I need an ambulance,” She screamed as she banged on the wall. “Daphe sweetie wake up…” She checked for a pulse. “She’s alive,” she said in relief as she ran to the phone and dialed 911.

********

Alex had made it back to his house and had waited for them to come back. He was a little pissed yet he was worried. He felt guilty for his forwardness. He also felt bad now that his head was clear and a mental picture of Rochelle flashed through his head.

Maybe he was feeling like he did because he was hanging around Daphne to much… yeah so maybe he should stop. He stood up from his porch and went inside. Maybe if he tried to ignore her he would forget it all just till he went on the cruise. After he could think of ways to stay away. Yeah he could do this…