- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Ok here is an update hope you like and I really would love some feedback... a little short but hopefully you enjoy. :)
“Yes I’m sure" Daphne said as she wiped her tears. “I want to go home.”

Janelle exhaled and looked at her friend. It had been three days since the incident at the hotel, “Daph,” she began as she took a seat on the chair beside Daphne’s bed. “I will get all your things shipped back home but only if you can look me straight into my eyes as you tell me you really want to go home.”

Daphne bit her lip and swallowed hard the taste of metal very prominent in her mouth. “I do,” She said looking into her friends eyes.

“Your scared,” Janelle said as she saw it in her friends face.

“No I’m ready for what is to come… I just realized I want to be with my family. Mom, dad, Everett, Layla, and you.” She tried to smile as she reached for her friends hand. “Who was I kidding… no matter how much I tried to enjoy my life deep inside I hate god for doing this to me.”

“Daph,” Janelle said stopping her. “This is not your fault and god only takes the best to be with him.”

“Get me home.” Daphne said smiling wryly at Janelle’s comment.

“Ok I’ll take care of it.”

********

“I think I’m fine now, thanks for letting me stay with you.” Alex told Nick as he walked to his car.

“Hey no problem what are friends for… now are you sure you’re ready to see Red?” Nick asked with a grin.

“Yeah I’m fine, I love Rochelle and I’ve realized that this whole week while I’ve been busy working and coming to your house. You understand me right? I mean you’ve been in this position right…”

“Yes,” Nick said patting his friends shoulders. “Good luck man and if you can’t handle it you’re welcome to stay at my condo for a week, I can’t have you here Lauren will be back from her trip.”

“Thanks no worries I’ll be fine, see you Monday at the studio.” Alex said as he hopped into his car and drove away.

He was humming to Enya as he drove. He had a clear head now and he was not going to falter. He also had an apology to make to Daphne for his behavior. She was probably wondering where he was.

As he turned to his street he saw a huge moving truck pass by him, “What is up with people moving to the neighborhood?” he asked himself as he slowed to get into his driveway.

That’s when he saw it the Remaxx sign, “FOR SALE,” he read out loud and his heart stopped. He blinked a few times to make sure he was seeing right, Daphne was selling her house.

He quickly opened his automated gate and parked. He took a deep breath as he walked to the fence where he saw that the door to Daphne’s house was open maybe she was still there. Now it made sense the moving truck he had passed. He took a deep breath and walked to her house.

He walked up the steps and took a deep breath before going through the door. “Daphne?” he asked curiously. He chuckled when he heard someone curse from the upstairs.

He took the stairs and followed the cursing to a room, he poked his head in, “Janelle?” he said as he recognized the raven hair.

“Holly fuck,” Janelle said dropping the bag she held making all the medicine bottles scatter on the floor. “Alex…” she said nervously as she began to pickup the bottles, not looking at Alex.

“Sorry I didn’t mean to scare you.” He said as he knelt down to help her only to have her stop him. “NO, I’m fine just what are you doing here? I thought maybe you were out of town or something.” She said as she snatched the one bottle he had gotten.

“Yeah no I've just been really busy with my band mates we’re writing new material for our new album.” He said as he looked at her quickly pickup all the bottles and stuff them into a box. "Wow that's a lot medicine," he commented.

“Oh well I hope everything is going good with that.” She said as she taped the box shut, ignoring his other cooment.

“So,” Alex said as he pointed and looked around the empty room except for the one box.

“OH this… well I came to get the last few things Daph had in here.” Janelle said.

“I see that, where is Daphne?” he asked trying to sound calm.

Janelle blew out a big puff of air as she finally looked up and into his eyes. “Daphne decided to move again.”

“So she really just travels the world?” Alex asked.

“Yeah that.” Janelle said nervously. Then she smiled weakly, “Oh yeah before I forget.” She said digging into her pocket pulling out a key chain of a mustang horse in her hand. “Daphne wanted me to give you this. It’s the key to her baby… she wants you to have it. Its still in the drive way so you can take it when you want it. The title is in the glove compartment signed and everything.”

“Wait what? I can’t accept this.” He said not taking the key.

“Yes you can and she told me there’s a letter in there for you.” Janelle said handing him the key again. “Listen she must really trust you if she is giving you her baby. She said she knew it would be in good hands.”

Alex took the key and then he felt anger, “Why is she doing this? Is it because of what I told her? Or about what happened? I can explain she doesn’t have to run away.” Alex said.

“Ok listen Daphne is a wild mustang… she can never be in one place for long. Just trust me she doesn’t hate you ok.” Janelle said as she grabbed the box and walked down to the foyer. She felt Alex behind her, “It was nice meeting you by the way.”

“Yeah same here,” Alex said as he followed her out the house. He watched her lock the door, “hey do you know where she went? Spain? Egypt? Where?”

Janelle shrugged and tried not to spill the truth she had not been authorized to do so. “She will be very happy wherever she goes.”

"If you find out where she is could you call me and let me know? I just want to send her a thank you note for my new car." Alex said as he pulled a pen out of his pocket and wrote his phone number on the box. "Please?"

Janelle only nodded as she walked away and into the smart car. She felt bad but if Daphne really wanted this then she was going to let her do it. Maybe it was better for Daphne to go back home...