- Text Size +
“Where are you?” Daphne asked Janelle.

“I am in Madison.” Janelle said as she walked into Dane County Regional Airport.

“Where are you? Wait what are you doing in Madison? You were supposed to be here so you can try out your outfit for the Halloween party.” Daphne said as she stared at her outfit. “You know nana did a good job with my dress… impressive for a few days notice.”

“I bet you will be one badass Paloma Faith.” Janelle said. “Listen I will go over after I get back to Portage… I love you.” She said before hanging up. She looked at the arrivals and knew she was early the flight from LAX had still to arrive.

******

Alex looked out the window of the plane he now sat in. He couldn’t believe he had actually boarded a plane to Madison. He still didn’t know exactly what he was going to tell Daphne but now he had to see her.

[Flashback]

“Ro,” he said as he rested his back to the door to the room they shared. “You can’t just not talk to me… I want to work this out I love you.”

“Just leave me alone I need a minute!” Rochelle yelled and something hit the door.

Alex sighed and closed his eyes. “This is not fair Rochelle I was going to tell you about this whole situation I just feared this… what is happening right now!”

He didn’t hear anything from the other side, “I’m not moving from here to talk to me.” He said as he began to pick at his fingers.

He pulled his phone and quickly texted Nick. ‘I fucked up Nick’ he pushed send. No sooner had he put his phone on the floor when a message from Nick appeared.

‘Let me guess? Rochelle? You didn’t tell her did you and she found out?’ Alex chuckled in sarcasm at well Nick could decipher what had occurred. ‘What do I do?’ he texted back.

‘Grovel.’ Was the word he received back and sighed? That was exactly what he was doing and it wasn’t working. ‘Not working.’ He texted back.

‘Keep groveling and you could give me the Stang? ;)’ was the response he got back and it frustrated him more so he just threw the phone on the carpet and took a deep breath. “Ro…”

It was exactly then when the door open and he almost fell back. “Now,” Rochelle said her face tear stained as she stood with her arms crossed. “I just wish you would have been honest with me… I might have flipped out but I would have understood.”

Alex stood quick and gave her a small smile, “I love you Rochelle and I promise you nothing happened. I can’t lie and say I didn’t feel a little attracted to her but I love you.” He said with the most sincere he could manage because it was the truth.

“I know you love me.” Rochelle said putting her hand on his chest before leaning up to him and capturing his lips in a very sensual kiss. “Now.” She pulled away producing an envelope from her pocket.

“Yeah,” Alex said smiling at her.

“I want you to give this to Daphne personally.” She gave him the envelope. She then grabbed her suitcase which was still packed. “I am going to go on a little vacation to clear my mind. I want you to go up there and figure out what it is you feel for her. Make her happy… Alex she is dying.” Her lips trembled as she said it.

“What are you saying?” Alex asked still not wanting to understand what she was insinuating. “No I can’t do that because I love you.”

Rochelle nodded a little and gave him a remorseful look. “I will get to have you forever or till do us part. She is not going to live much longer why not make her last days or months of life memorable?” She said as tears began to flow down her face. “I know what your thinking but I promise I want you to. I will be here when you come back and I will marry you Alex.” She said kissing him again.

[End of Flashback]

So here he was on a plane to Madison. He didn’t know exactly why he really was doing it for? Was only for what Rochelle said or if it was because he really could not have moved on without telling her that she had changed him in a good way.

He felt a lump form in his throat as he realized that Rochelle was right she was going to die. He looked at the letter he had in his hands for her. He only wondered what Rochelle said in it.

********

“HEY!” Janelle yelled as she spotted AJ.

Alex gave her weak smile as he walked up to her. “Thanks for doing this.”

“Well she is my friend,” Janelle said hugging him. “So tell me exactly why you decided to come up here and how the hell did you find us?”

Alex chuckled a little, “I have my ways… She doesn’t know right?”

“Nope she has no idea that I got contacted by you and that I am here to pick you up. So I asked for an invitation for you for this Sunday’s Halloween bash… the biggest event in Pardeeville Wisconsin population of 1,982 people most retired. But the next town Portage is where most of our people come from for the bash. It will be fun,” Janelle said.

“So Daphne is from Portage or Pardeeville?” Alex asked.

“Pardeeville is where she lives but we are always in town which would be Portage… Unless we drive all the way here to Madison.” Janelle said. “Anyway we have to get you a custom for the bash it is dress up. I am going to Katy Perry and Everett is going to Russell.” She said.

“Wow… well I guess I am wearing my custom I will be AJ McLean Backstreet boy?” he said in a low tone not wanting to get spotted.

“Oh no will find something don’t worry I got the best idea ever.” She told him as she linked her arm around his and pulled him toward her car. “Don’t laugh at my car ok.” She told him as they spotted the orange Volkswagen hippie van with the stickers and all.

Alex smiled as he saw it, “Nice… love the stickers.”

“Well it was free and it works perfectly fine.” Janelle said as she opened the side door to put Alex’s luggage in it. “Alright Alex lets roll we have a long ride home. I have an extra room where you can stay unless you want to stay at the only motel we have?”

“I’m fine I can stay with you if you don’t mind. I don’t want Daphne to know I am here till Sunday.”

“I know I got you covered, no worries she won’t find out beside Sunday is only two days away.”
Chapter End Notes:
ok here is the next chapter... hope you like and Please review. :)