- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Feedback appreciated....
“How do I look?” Daphne asked her brother as she twirled.

“You look like Paloma.” He said smiling at her.

“You sure my hair is wild enough to be Russell?” he asked as he looked at himself in the mirror.

“Of course darling… you look quite handsome. You should work on her accent though.” Daphne said in her British accent.

“You look good…” Everett said in a more serious tone.

“Yeah? I feel good today… no pain. I guess it has to do with the Halloween spirit.” She said.

“Maybe… I think you should make an appointment to start seeing Dr. Moore again.” Everett said as he looked at her bottles of medicine they looked almost empty.

“Yeah I will.” Daphne said rolling her eyes. “Today we are going to talk about that let’s go we have party to get too. Now tell me again why Janelle told you to come for me?”

“She said she got stuck at her job longer than expected so she would meet us at Carina’s house.”

********

“Jade Jadddeeddd,” Chase said as he stopped right in front of Daphne and Everett.

“Nice Steve Tyler.” Everett said in his British accent.
“Thanks the wig is a little itchy but I said why not be Steve. Like the fake lips?” he asked pouting his lips.

“Very Steve Tylerish…” Daphne said smiling at him.

“Yeah look at you that dress is hot… Let me guess who you are?” Chase said looking at her for a minute.

“Paloma Faith.” Everett said rolling his eyes at Chase.

“I knew that.” Chase said winking at Daphne. “So the refreshments are over there and enjoy. If you bump into Johnny Depp can you tell him Steve is looking for him… we need to set up for our performance.”

“Ok,” Daphne said.

“Oh and if you see my fiancée Katy will send her our way.” Everett said.

Daphne laughed, “You do you realized you just called Janelle your fiancée.”

“No I said Katy Perry…” Everett said smiling.

*******

“Are you sure?” Alex asked Janelle as they walked toward the big barn that was decorated for the party.

“Positive you look good and she won’t recognize you till you want her too.” Janelle said as she took out her lollipop, “There my outfit is complete. Now just walk in after I do so they won’t see us walking in together.”

“Ok.” Alex said fixing his white gloves.

Janelle laughed as she spotted Daphne dancing away, “Paloma!” she yelled as she walked up to her.

“Katy!” Daphne said hugging her friend. “Russell is somewhere around here.”

“Your tipsy already?” Janelle asked concerned.

“Who me? No…. I am stone cold sober.” She said.

“Oh my god Chase is Steve Tyler?” Janelle said being distracted as he took the stage. The music was turned off as he took the mic.

“So I hope everyone is enjoying the party. My sister always throws the best Halloween party… this year she asked me to play so here we are. We are going to play for you… just a couple of songs.” Chase said.

Everyone cheered as they gathered around. “This first song is new I wrote it just a few days ago and only have practiced it with the band a couple of times. I want to dedicate to someone very special to me… you know who you are.” He said staring right at Daphne.

Daphne blushed when she saw all eyes on her. Everyone knew who he was talking about.

“I call it Never say never.” Chase said as he began to play his guitar.


Some things we don't talk about
Rather do without
And just hold the smile
Falling in and out of love
Ashamed and proud of
Together all the while

You can never say never
While we don't know when
But time and time again
Younger now than we were before

Don't let me go
Don't let me go
Don't let me go

Don't let me go
Don't let me go
Don't let me go….

Daphne suddenly felt the air was to thick where she stood so she turned to walk away “Are you ok?” Janelle asked her.

“Yeah I just need to use the ladies room.” She said staring at Chase as he sang the song. Just like that the song finished and then he began to sing another one.

*******

“I’m sorry.” Daphne said bumping into someone.

“It’s ok.” Alex said as he took of his hat. “are you ok?”

Daphne looked up and was faced with none other than Alex dressed as Phatom of the Opera. “How…where…When?” she mumbled not knowing exactly what she wanted to say.

“Hi,” Alex said smiling weakly. “You look nice with the long red hair and all.”

“How did you know where to find me?” Daphne asked still shocked to see him there.

“I have my ways…” he said staring at her. “Can we talk?”

Daphne only nodded as he took her hand and led her out the party.


********

Never say never - The Fray