- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Ok here is another chapter... I am about to get into deeper waters... hehe. Don't give up on this story... find out if all she really wants is to befriend him. I really would appreciate some feedback. :)
“You have to go…” Daphne said pushing her brother weakly as he helped her into the car.

“Daph how do you do this on your own?” Everett asked her. He felt for her sister…

“I’ve managed… I don’t want you here anymore you have to leave,” Daphne said as she bent down and began to throw up into the bag she had been given.

She barely heard her brother turning the engine of her baby… it roared to life. “You sure you don’t want to stay here the doctor said he could keep you.”

“NO! I don’t want to feel the pity from the nurses. I am tired of that most of my life was spent in hospitals… I just want to be free even if it’s only for a little while.” Daphne said as tears streamed down her face. “Drive.”

Everett did and only grimaced as he witnessed his sister hurl every few minutes. “I’m sorry… I wish it were me instead of you.” He said whole heartedly.

“You don’t know what you’re talking about Ev, I don’t wish this even on my worst enemy.” Daphne managed to say as she was hit with another wave nausea.

Finally thirty minutes later he parked behind the smart car. “Here let me help you.” He turned off the engine and went to help her. He picked her up and carried her, “My daffy…” he said smiling at her.

Daphne chuckled a little… “Hurry I have to phuuuthke again…” She said in her worst imitation of Daffy Duck.

*********

Daphne finished covering her catheter to shower. She brushed her hair gasping in horror when more than normal amount of hair came off. She was dreading this part again, well she still looked normal… she didn’t have to shave it yet.

After a well deserved shower after four days in bed feeling like shit. She still did but she managed to look normal. “Ev,” she whispered as she shook her brother who was passed out on her couch.

“Your up,” Everett said stretching. “Hungry?”

“Yeah… I want sherbet.” She said as she grabbed the keys to her baby. “I’ll be back I’m taking the Stang for a ride.” She said with a drawl.

“You sure you can drive? I can take you…” he said standing up.

“No I’m fine I feel better… you need to pack you have a plane to catch to Madison.” Daphne said firmly. “Come on Georgey lets go for a ride.”

She walked out of the house and smiled as the sun hit her… it was a beautiful day. She looked toward his house but it looked empty. She had been so sick she hadn’t talked to him in almost a week… she sighed as she put the mustang’s top down. She then helped George with the seatbelt.

She smiled as the car roared into life… she turned on the radio and began to leave her driveway. She cursed when she almost hit a car. “SHIT!” she yelled as she saw the SUV come to a halt.

“Daphe?” Alex said stepping out of the SUV.

“Alex… uhm sorry I didn’t see you coming. I didn’t know you had an SUV.” She said embarrassed.

“It’s ok I am fine and your ok right? It was just a scare. You’re driving your baby?” he asked smiling at her.

“Yeah… I want to feel the wind against my face.” Daphne said.

“Well you picked a very good day for that… how are you feeling? I haven’t seen you for a few days. I mean I’ve been busy too so maybe that’s why.” He stuttered as he watched her smile.

“It was an allergy reaction to something I ate,” she lied clearing her throat. “I’ve been busy sight seeing with Everett.” She said.

“I see… well not that I caught you I was wondering if you wouldn’t mind listening to some music I am working with a band I am helping. I would love to hear your opinion… if you want of course.” Alex said eyeing her she looked a little thinner and tired but her smile was there.

“I’d love to… when?” she asked.

“Uhm, well how about tomorrow?” he asked smiling.

“Deal but can my son come with me?” She asked pointing to George.

“I can arrange for it to not be a problem. SO is your brother gone then?” Alex asked curiously as he looked toward her house.

“Uhm no he leaves today.” She said following his gaze. “I was just going to get something at the store.”

“Oh right well then I better let you go… see you tomorrow then. Are you going to have a themed dress code?” he asked.

“I don’t know yet… maybe.” She told him chuckling.

******

“Just call me and keep in touch ok?” Everett said looking at her sister.

“Yeah, yeah…” She told him going in to hug him. She kissed his cheek, “have a safe flight and please don’t share with mom what you witnessed. It really only last a few days then I am normal as normal as I can be… Besides I just started Chemo again.”

“I will try to keep it as minimal as possible. Daph,” he said pausing as he saw her. “Don’t hurt yourself and don’t get attached to…” he pointed in the direction to the house Alex lived in. “he is suppose to be only fantasy… a teenage fantasy.”

Daphne chuckled, “I know and it’s not like that Everett. It really is a coincidence that he turned out to be my neighbor. Ok well not exactly but I just want to be his friend and I really do like his fiancée.”

“I don’t understand…” he said curiously at her. “Any who how long will you be in Cali?”

Daphne only shrugged and gave him a weak smile. “I’ll call you if move again.” She hugged him again. “Give mom and dad a kiss.”

Then she watched her brother get into a cab. After she watched the cab disappear she when to get her things to finish her painting. She was still decorating her house; she was still decorating the last wall of her living room. She smiled as she began to pour the paint.
She had many plans for this house and of course then there was Alex. He had paid her attention and that was a start. She meant what she told her brother… she was not here to get in the middle of his happiness. She was here to befriend him. Call her crazy but she always felt like she had a bond with him. She was going to find out how true it was.

She smiled as she remembered his invitation for tomorrow…
Chapter End Notes:
Don't forget to leave me a comment.