- Text Size +
“Thank you for inviting me today I had fun.” Daphne said as she walked up the stairs to her house. “I really did like the music…”

“Well I knew you would give me good criticism…” Alex said smiling as he followed her in. He laughed when George attacked Daphne with a hug.

“I really can’t lie about music that’s true.” Daphne said as she put George down and took a seat on a bean bag. “Are you thirsty?”

“Uhm no I’m good…still a little overwhelmed about Officer Michael’s,” Alex said in quotations.

Daphne laughed and pulled out a piece of paper. “Well I think that was the highlight of my day… I got Officer Michael’s phone number. He was a hottie; this will be a very interesting date. Having to personify an Irish lady.”

“So maybe your next career move should be acting,” Alex said laughing. “Are you seriously going to call him?”
Daphne looked at the paper and sighed, “why not? I am sure it will be very interesting, besides I haven’t been on a date since I arrived to LA. Besides I wasn’t completely lying I am from Irish descent, hence my red hair.” She pointed to her hair.

“Well you must share with me how that date goes…” Alex said giving her a small smile. “I should head home I want to call Ro before I head to bed.”

********

“Yes pixie cut please,” Daphne told the hair stylist.

“But you have such beautiful hair naturally red and long.” The stylist said as he combed through hair gasping when he saw how much came off.

“Pleas just do it.” Daphne said solemnly as she swallowed a knot in her throat. “With an edge.”

Thirty minutes later she stared at herself her hair was gone. She smiled wryly and sighed, “Thanks Johnny this looks wonderful, I love the bangs.”

“You are rocking the cut Daphne.” The stylist said as he finished styling it for her.

“I bet my date will like it.” Daphne said as she paid him and with that she walked out. Two days ago she had called Officer Patrick Michaels and tonight she was heading for a date with him.

She hadn’t seen Alex either, she had wanted to see him but she had stopped herself from going over to see him. She wanted to think that Alex would come looking for her first… so as she parked her smart car she smiled when she saw his dogs out in the yard. He was home… she walked into her house and changed into her dress.

As she checked herself in the mirror she sighed as she saw the catheter so without hesitation she put on her short sleeve blazer. She felt so different without her hair but it would be easier now.

After a once over again she grabbed George and sighed. She walked out of her house and walked to her neighbor’s house. She was glad he was there… now her plan of seeing him would work. She knocked and waited.

“Daphne!” Alex said in surprise as he saw her. “your hair!” he said pointing to her head.

“Yeah… I wanted a change.” She giggled. “So I was wondering if you could watch George for me while I go on my date with Patrick. George seems to like you…” she bit her lip slightly.


“Uhm yeah sure…” Alex said caught off guard. “Come on it… I was playing poker with some friends.” He smiled and cleared his throat, “I think you might like meeting some of them.” He winked as he led her in.

A few seconds later she was standing a room, she rolled her eyes at Alex as she recognized two of the three guys there. She cleared her throat and smiled. “Hi,” she said in a whisper.

“Guys and ladies this is my neighbor Daphne… Daphne these are my friends Nick, Howie his wife Leigh and my buddy Chris. Oh and Lauren is in the restroom.” Alex said as he held George in his arms. “Oh right and guys this is George Daphne’s monkey.”

“Nice to meet you all.” Daphne said shaking there hands. “Well I should go I am sure Patrick is outside by now. He already ate so just if you have a banana or mango he should be fine.”

“Oh ok here let me walk you out,” Alex said following her back to his front door. “I’ll be right back no cheating!” he said pointing at Nick.

“You are going to make Patrick fall head over heals for you.” Alex told Daphne as she walked out to the front yard.

“Yeah well I am doing this more for amusement… you know havvving to yuse miy Irisshh accenttt.” Daphne said smiling as she looked up at him.

“Well you do one hell of an Irish accent…” Alex laughed.

“Oh look there he is… I guess I should go my brother.” She winked as she ran her hand over her green dress.

“Have fun and don’t take to long.” Alex said chuckling… “Only being a brother.” He said even though he sort of felt left out. He would have loved to see that date. He had to admit he was really enjoying Daphne’s company and her surprise trips.

******

“So Daphne…” Nick said as he helped Alex throw away the bottles of beer and soda’s.

“Yeah she moved in barely…she and Ro actually hit off and everything. She is very cool.”

“I say she is I mean she has a monkey for a pet.” Nick said laughing. “She’s not bad looking either.”

“No she’s not but… so out of your league besides you have Lauren.” Alex said as he looked toward the living room where Lauren sat talking on the phone.

“I wasn’t talking about me.” Nick said with a smirk.

“Oh you mean me? NOOO… I am very happy with Ro… she is just a really cool new friend that’s all.” Alex said with a face of horror as he felt his stomach flip at Nick’s words.

“Well if you say she’s just a friend then she is. I must head out…talk to you later bro and behave.” Nick said as he hugged his friend. “Hopefully we can hang out again soon before we head out to Miami for the cruise.”

“Yeah definitely call me.” Alex said.

*******

It was eleven forty five when Alex heard the doorbell. He rushed to the door and smiled when there stood Daphne. “Hey your home before midnight.”

“Yeah well Patrick was not that interesting after all.” Daphne said as she walked in. “I think the highlight of my date was when my first martini arrived at the table.” She stopped when she felt the floor move. “Oops.”

“Are you ok?” Alex asked as he walked up to her.

“Yeah… just I think I may have had a few drinks to many. You know he didn’t even kissed me properly… I felt like Fido was kissing me slobber all over the place.” Daphne said making a face. “Well at least I can check a date with an officer off my list. Maybe a firefighter will be better. Where’s George?”

Alex laughed at her rambling… “You’re funny when your drunk.”

“No just a blabber mouth…” Daphne corrected as she looked around. “Georgey come to mommy.”

A few seconds later George was on her shoulder. “So you have list of types of men you want to date as well?”

Daphne began to laugh and shook her head. “See I told you I was a blabber mouth… but I may be drunk not stupid… I am not sharing anything else today. Good night Alex and thank you for taking care of George.”

“Good night Daphne…” Alex said a little disappointed he could not get anymore information out of her.

“Yeah…” Daphne said she walked out of his house.

Alex only chuckled as he heard her say what a waste of a dress. As he watched he could only continue to think of Nick’s insinuation… but no that couldn’t be happening. He loved Rochelle and was going to marry her in a few months.