- Text Size +
It had been about three days since her encounter with Wentworth Miller and he hadn’t called, but then again she hadn’t expected him to. After all, he was a big important movie star.

*~*~*~*~*
“JULES DID WHAT?!?!” Wentworth shouted at Brendan. The two were in his trailer sitting across from one another.

“She and Taylor ran off last night. They went to Vegas and got married. They are now in Fiji,” Brendan repeated.

Wentworth rose and started pacing; what the hell had Taylor been thinking? Now this film had no leading lady and they were going to have to reshoot what few scenes he and Julia had shot together. “Where are we going to find someone to replace J on such short notice?”

“That’s just the thing. There wasn’t anyone else who wanted the part. We can ask around but I’m not sure who we’ll find.”

“Well, what about Kristen Stewart?”

“She’s in Washington filming Eclipse.”

“Jen?”

“Both are out of the country filming.”

“Ellen Page? Ashley Greene?” Wentworth asked.

“Page is about o leave for France and Greene is in Washington with Stewart,” Brendan said. “However we ARE a week ahead of schedule. We’re going to use that time to find a replacement.”

Wentworth thought for a moment. “What about holding auditions here? We can give someone a chance that may not have it otherwise.”
“You sound like you’ve already got a specific person in mind. Do you?”

“Possibly. I’d have to talk to her first. It’d be an interesting experiment. Would you mind? I could use the coming week to bring her up to speed and they can redo the wardrobe.”

“Teach her a scene or two. On Wednesday bring her here and she can do a screen test. If that works out then we’ll get everything else done,” Brendan told him.

*~*~*~*~*
Alma couldn’t believe that the crazy idea she and Michelle had had a few years ago of becoming wedding planners had actually come to fruition. They had a small office space that they’d been renting since the previous summer. During the summer they planned as many weddings for the coming year as they could because they were both still in school and couldn’t work as much during the school year.

The bell over the door rang as someone walked in. Looking up from her computer screen, Alma saw that it was only Michelle.

“Did you know that you put my cell number on the back of your insurance card?” Michelle asked as she sat at her desk.

“WHAT?!”

Putting her cell by her keyboard, Michelle responded, “You did. Either that or you gave him the card you wrote my number on when I changed it,” she laughed at the expression on her friend’s face. “Yup. And I got a pretty interesting call on my way here.”
“Really?” Alma asked, trying to play it cool. “Who was it?”

Ignoring her, Michelle spoke into her cell, “You can come in now.”

Once again the bell over the door rang and Alma looked up to see who it was because they didn’t have any appointments until one that afternoon.

“So,” Wentworth said as he sat in front of her desk. “You’re a wedding planner?”

“Only during the summer.”

“Why’s that?” he asked.

“Because I’m still in school, I’ll be finished at the end of next year.”

“That’s cool. What are you going for?”

“I hate to interrupt,” Michelle interrupted,” but our one ‘o’ clock just moved to eleven thirty.”

Wentworth looked over at Michelle and asked, “She needs to leave? I can come back later.”

“No. She can stay. It’s just a preliminary meeting. I won’t need her there.”

As Michelle gathered the paperwork she’d need, Wentworth turned his attention back to Alma who was staring at him smiling goofily. “So, what brought about planning weddings?”

Michelle snorted as she walked out. She’d love to stay and hear Alma’s explanation because it would have to start with the discussion of the vampire wedding and bridal party outfits from Hot Topic.

“It started a few years ago. Only a few months before Twilight was released. Michelle and I had just started reading the saga. Then one day while she was reading she texted me with something like ‘next thing you know I’ll have a vampire wedding planned’ and we just went from there. We mostly do wedding that have a theme; they’ve become more popular than you’d think.”

“Sounds interesting,” he laughed.

Alma pointed, “Just look at the photos.”

She had to laugh as she watched the various faces he made as he looked at the pictures from the weddings they had planned in their first year of business.

He pointed to one in particular. “What on earth was that theme?”

Alma looked up and grimaced; it had been the wedding of one of their high school classmates, who had convinced them that they ‘just had to be in the wedding after all their hard work’. “Twenty Seven Dresses.”

“I’m not even gonna ask for details. But I do have to admit that even in that dress you look amazing.”

Blushing she muttered, “thanks.”

“Anyhoo…”he said. “Let’s go.”

“Go where?”
“Lunch. I need to talk to you.”

“Let me lock up. Why don’t you go wait outside and I’ll be right there?” Alma said; truthfully she needed a few moments to calm her nerves.

While he went to get his car, she hurriedly scribbled a note and left it on Michelle’s desk and went to find Wentworth outside.
*~*~*~*~*
He drove right to Denny’s. Once they were seated he began firing questions like “have you ever auditioned for a play before?” and “are you good at memorization?”

The questions were making her nervous because she knew something was up. When their food arrived she asked, “So, why all the questions?”
Wentworth smiled sheepishly and shrugged before confessing, “Taylor and my costar ran off last night and got married. They are now in Fiji.”

“Ouch. But, um…what does that have to do with me?”

“Well, you see, I was thinking that maybe, possibly, if you want to, you can replace Julia.”

Alma choked on a mouthful of her Cherry Cherry Limeade. “WHAT?!”

“Um, you could replace Julia?”

“Let me get this straight. You,” she pointed, “want me,” more pointing,” to replace Julia Keene in a major movie?”

“If you want to then yes, Wentworth said.

“Are you nuts!” she shook her head. “Why me?”

“You popped into my head when Brendan told me what happened.”

“Oh wow.”

“Does that mean you’ll do it?” he eagerly asked.

“Well DUH silly! That would be amazing!” she slapped her hands together excitedly.

“Well then,” he said. “We’d better get to work.”