- Text Size +
Dan waited until Jenna buckled up before pulling onto the street. “How’d it go?” he asked; Jenna had spent the night with his brother and sister-in-law.

“Alright. Marissa and I got along great.”
“She’s good for Owen. I thought you two would have a lot in common.”

“Thank you for arranging this and for letting me share your family for a night.”

“You’re welcome.”

“How much did you find out last night?” she asked.

“Quite a lot,” Dan answered.

“So did I,” Jenna told him, smirking.

“Oh?”

“Yeah. Classical music. String Quartet. Why didn’t you tell me?”
“There’s a lot you don’t know about me, Jenna, and a lot I don’t know about you. I was to spend more time with you and learn everything about you.”

Jenna said nothing and turned to stare out the window.

“So,” he asked, drawing her attention to him once again. “What else did you learn about me?”

Jenna looked over, “Well let’s see. Should we begin with your love life?”
*~*~*~*
“That’s scene! Go to lunch people. You have an hour and a half, and then we get back to work!” Brendan shouted.
Wentworth and Alma hurried to her car and drove straight to her office where she had a lunch meeting waiting.

“Dudes, what are you wearing?” Michelle laughed as they walked in.

They looked at each other and then at themselves and burst into laughter. They had been in such a hurry that they hadn’t stopped by wardrobe to change. Hopefully the clients didn’t notice.
*~*~*~*
An hour and twenty minutes later Wentworth tapped Alma on the shoulder and whispered, “If we’re late Brendan will murder us.”

She checked her watch and noted the time. “I’m sorry,” she spoke as she stood. “But I must be going or I’ll be late getting back to the set. I’ll see the two of you at our next meeting and congratulations again.”
*~*~*~*
Five minutes after Jenna handed him the paper, Dan said, “It’s nothing really. Just pretrial publicity. But it’s made the public aware of it again. I think that the movie is a bad idea now.”
Jenna walked in a circle before returning to the bed and picking up the remote to click through the channels. “Sorry,” she said. “I’m a little nervous.”

“It’s alright,” Dan checked the TV listing. “Guess we don’t want to watch anything tonight.”
“What, all murder mysteries?”

He shrugged. “Nothing good. Let’s play tic-tac- toe.”

She laughed but they sat across the little table form one another and they played tic-tac-toe and the dot game for the next thirty minutes.

Dan closed the last box on the dot game and Jenna looked up at him and said, “I love you Dan.”
*~*~*~*
“CUT!” Brendan yelled.

Alma stood up and walked away; the scene had been intense and she needed to be alone.

She made her way back to her trailer and a short time later was joined by Wentworth. “Brendan said we’re done for the day. Let’s go to dinner.”

“Actually, I was hoping that I’d have tonight to myself. There are a few things I need to do,” she told him.
Alma watched as his face fell. “Oh…ok. Did you still want to rehearse tomorrow?”

“Yeah. Is one pm okay for you?”

His eyes lit up as he smiled, “its fine.”

They left the set a short while later.

Once Alma was in her apartment she decided that she needed to write a letter to her friend Jane (Jane was actually her diary, but she was still a GOOD friend).



She wrote:
Jane,
Today was long and I’m exhausted. We filmed the scene where Jenna, my character, tells Dan, Wentworth’s character, that she loves him. We got the scene in one shot thank goodness. I really don’t think I could’ve filmed that more than once. I’ve spent pretty much every waking moment, every spare moment over the past five weeks with Wentworth and today, just after the director had yelled ‘CUT!’ I realized that what I had just said on film was the truth. Only I should have been saying it to Wentworth and not his character. Arrrgh! I don’t know what to do. I do know that I can’t tell him about the whole me-loving-him thing; that would just freak him out. He would think that I was some crazy-obsessed fangirl (which I am, but he doesn’t know that). Maybe I never should have agreed to do this movie. But as I have, I will finish it and when he’s gone, I’ll move on with my life. Thanks for listening to me rant.

Alma stopped writing and put the book back in its hiding spot. She still didn’t know what to do about her newfound revelation but she would figure it out.
*~*~*~*
Over in his hotel room, Wentworth was having the same problem; only he didn’t have a diary (guys just don’t keep those) so he talked aloud to himself.

“How could this be happening? I hardly know the woman. I HAVE spent every waking moment in her company over the last five weeks, but still. I don’t see how I could fall for someone so quickly,” he stood and began pacing.

Pacing was something he did when he had no idea what to do, now was one of those times. “How am I going to explain this to her when I can’t even explain it to myself?”

He flopped, stomach down, onto his bed feeling like he had when he was a junior in high school and his friends had convinced him that the Australian exchange student, Chelsi Nicole, was in love with him.