- Text Size +
Since they had a week or so off Alma decided to go back to work as a wedding planner until Brendan returned. Of course she didn’t tell Michelle she was going to be back.
*~*~*~*
Michelle was sitting at her desk typing the plans for the latest “Twilight” themed wedding she was working on. This time the couple would be Carlisle and Esme. The bells over the door twinkled and then she heard, “HE KISSED ME!” and a plop in Alma’s chair.

“What?!”

“He. Kissed. Me,” she squealed again.

“Seriously?” Michelle asked.

“Yes! Yesterday when we went on a picnic.”

“He took you on a picnic?”
“Cute huh?”

“Totally. Details.”

“Well…” Alma began her story.
*~*~*~*
“Wait,” Michelle interrupted laughing. “He threw you in to the pond?”

“Yeah,” Alma answered. “He did.”

Michelle howled with laughter. “That’s funny.”
“No, it’s not. My phone was in my pocket.”

“Nuts, that was a good phone.”

“I know. He bought me a new one,” she smiled.

Alma continued with her story until she was done.

“Cute. Especially the part about Waffles.”

“T work. What are you working on?”

“Another Twilight.”

“Ooooh, who is it this time?”

“Carlisle and Esme. To be honest, I’m pretty much sick of t he rest of them. There were WAY too many Bella and Edwards this last year.”

“Too true,” Alma agreed. “What do you want me to do?”

“Research wedding dresses from the time Esme would have lived. At least three designs. Five if you can manage.”

Alma sat forward in her seat and began tapping away at the keyboard.

Her phone trilled and the sound of “That Song in My head” startled her. Wentworth was texting. She picked up the phone and read:
Twilight=Awesome
Awesome=Me

Out loud she said, “Awesome equals me?”

“Yes, awesome equals me. Just wait until both of you hear what I’ve got to say and BOTH of you shall agree.”

That got Michelle’s attention. “Wentworth,” she said. “What reason would I have to think you’re awesome? I mean beside the fact that you threw Alma in a pond?”
He blushed. “She told you that?”

“Duh. I know everything,” Michelle laughed.

“Anyhoo…” Alma interrupted. “Why are we going to agree that you’re awesome?”

“Because I have these,” he said, handing them envelopes with an all too-familiar red and white flower on them.

They opened them at the same time and when they say what the envelopes contained…

“OME!!” Michelle yelled.

“OMHJ!” Alma screeched. “ARE YOU FREAKING SERIOUS??”

Without waiting on an answer both girls pounced on Wentworth, knocking him to the ground.

“You are so freaking awesome!” t hey yelled.

“OW!” he winced. “I kinda need my ears.”

“Sorry,” they chimed and stood to help him up.

The girls took their seats once more and he said, “I guess you do like your gift.”

“Uhh…like is not the right word. This,” Michelle said indicating the envelope, “is the most amazing thing anyone’s ever given me. Thank you.”

“You’re welcome.”

Alma was busy reading the invitation. “Michelle,” she said. “Did you happen to notice what date this will take place on?”

Michelle grabbed her envelope and yanked the paper out. “November eighteenth?” she questioned.

“Yeah, what’s so special about it?” Wentworth asked.

“This has got to be t he most amazingly awesome birthday present in the history of birthday presents!” Michelle squealed. “You are even more awesome than before!”

“You’re birthday is November eighteenth?” he asked; Michelle nodded. “Well, happy birthday—very early.”

“Thank you!”

A short while later Wentworth left so they could get back to work.

After about thirty minutes Alma and Michelle were still majorly keyed up so they gave up on work. Alma pulled New Moon out of a desk drawer and began reading while Michelle pulled up the DVD player on her laptop and started watching Twilight.

Alma glanced over. “Not at all obsessed are we?” she laughed.

“Only a little,” Michelle laughed. “But we make obsessed look good.”