- Text Size +
Chapter Fourteen

"So what would Ms. Brooklyn like to do?" Nate asked with a grin.

I bit my tongue. Kay was rubbing off on me badly. Dirty thoughts flowed through my mind like wine.

Not that I had ever had wine, but it seemed like a good analogy.

"I was just going to stay in and watch a movie," I said.

"That sounds good to me," Nate said. "Do you like scary movies?"

It was a silly question. I was a Carter. I was practically raised on horror movies. I smiled.

"Love 'em."

So that was how Nate and I ended up in my bedroom twenty minutes later waiting for Thirst for Blood 2 to start. The TV in the lounge didn't have the right connection to watch movies.

I had to wonder if that was some sort of fate.

"Let's skip through the previews," Nate suggested. I nodded. We were both laying on my bed, our backs propped up on the tons of pillows piled up behind us. Nate's legs were casually crossed at the ankles.

I was laying like a corpse.

"Is that how you always relax?" Nate teased. He mimed my 'straight at my sides' arms. I laughed.

"No," I said. He pressed play on the Main DVD Menu. He put the remote down and ran a hand along my shoulders.

"Your tense."

His strong fingers massaging the back of my neck felt amazing. It was in direct contrast to the horror music that began to play throughout the sound system in the room. Nate pulled me close and I curled up to him.

I have to admit that dad has taught me well. I had seen so many horror movies in my life that they were becoming pretty predictable. Even so, I couldn't help but do the typical 'girl' thing whenever someone jumped out of the murky shadows. I jerked and buried my face into Nate's chest.

I didn't know what cologne he wore, but it smelled amazing.

"You okay?" Nate whispered after the third time I did the cologne smelling maneuver. I looked up at him.

"Sorry," I said softly. His hand brushed along the side of my face.

"It's alright," he said. His eyes studied my face intently. "I'll protect you."

Suddenly, the movie wasn't important. Only three people were left and statistics showed that one, maybe two at the most, would survive to the end. Nate kissed me and I reclined back into the pillows and the screams on TV were nothing but background noise.

Nate hovered over me. My hands slid up his arms. His t-shirt molded the arm muscles I had drooled over earlier in the morning at the gym. His hands slipped to my waist and pulled me down a little more.

"You're so damn beautiful," he whispered. His lips lingered on mine before starting a trail down my throat. My hands slipped from his arms. They pressed against his abs and made their way around to his backside.

He had an amazing butt.

He shifted his weight over me and in a second I was enclosed in a giant Nate cocoon. My skin tingled from where his kisses had left their mark. His hand shot under my shirt and ran over my breasts. His moan sent all of my senses aflutter. My leg lifted on its own accord and pressed against his side.

It all happened to quickly, yet each movement was burned into my mind. Shirts were discarded, jeans quickly followed. His eyes were a raging inferno; they bore into my face...my breasts. I felt exposed, but not in a bad way. My eyes trailed off his solid abs and down farther still to the straining member in his boxers.

Sanity struggled with my recklessness. I knew that this probably shouldn't happen. I mean, I wanted to give Trevor a chance. I was still confused.

But my body wasn't confused. The dial was cranked to max and was screaming to feel what I had never experienced before.

As if in a drunken stupor, I watched Nate's head lower. He sucked at my nipples through my lace bra. My mouth opened; a gasp escaped from somewhere in the depths of my throat. My hands felt like floundering fish; they grabbed onto the bedspread, the nails digging into the cotton.

His hands slid around my back and I arched myself to him. He had my bra undone in seconds. He slid it off as if slowly unwrapping a present. His mouth curved in appreciation. Then his mouth continued its show of appreciation.

"Oh," I moaned. I wiggled underneath him. His hands wrapped around my hips. He pressed himself against me. There was still the separation of cotton between us but hot, wet flashes of desire coursed straight through me. I managed to take one of my spazzing hands and run my fingertip along him. His mouth paused in its caressing of my breasts. His whole body tensed.

Kay had told me such a move was like flipping an ignition switch. His fingers slipped under my panties and made quick work of disposal. His own boxers landed somewhere nearby.

His hands slid between my thighs. I closed my eyes. His fingertips brushed me.

"I want you so bad," he said huskily.

"Me too," I said. I licked my lips. It sounds redundant, but my pulse was racing.

It was the effect he had on me.

"Have you ever--?" he asked hesitantly. My eyes opened.

"No," I said honestly.

"But you want to?"

He was giving me one last opportunity to back out. My eyes greedily devoured his masculine form.

"Yes," I said. I knew I didn't want to give myself time to think. Mom always said dad was the first man that had caused her common sense to jump out the window.

Nate seemed to do the same for me.

For a second, I thought I might have sent myself nto rejection land again without even knowing it. His body slid from mine. There was a fumbling on the floor. A second later I realized he had just been rooting around in his jeans pocket. I remembered the box Kay had held up in his bedroom.

He was thinking. I wasn't. I would have actually jumped into this without even thinking about a condom.

Considering my mom's track record, that would have been the stupidest thing ever.

Once he was done, he smiled and took my hands. As if they were baby birds, he looped his fingers with my own. His frame lowered onto mine. I buried my face into his neck and kissed the solid muscle.

"I want to see those pretty blue eyes," he whispered. I wasn't expecting that. My head fell back against the pillow. I was lost in his own beautiful evergreens.

He was so gentle...way more gentle than I had thought he might be. Our gaze didn't break as he entered me but as I exhaled a long shaky breath I didn't know I was holding, he gave me a soft kiss.

"You okay?" he asked. I nodded. I was okay. I was perfect. I was...

I was hopelessly lost in the moment.

---------------------------------

When my phone rang, it seemed like it could have been ringing from Mars. Nate and I were under the covers and he was holding me tightly in his arms. We had spent the longest time laying there afterwards, just kissing, whispering, and touching.

It was perfect.

I chose to ignore the phone the first time. When it rang again ten minutes later, I answered in case it was Angel. I didn't even check the display.

"Hey sis, were you sleeping?" Noah asked.

"Sleeping?" I asked dumbled. Nate's fingers made a long stroke down my spine.

"Didn't you hear me call the first time?"

"What? Oh! Yeah I was...I was too far away from the phone," I fibbed.

"What are you doing?" NoNo asked.

"What am I doing? I'm..." my eyes flickered to the TV. "I'm watching a movie."

"Do you want to come bowling with Kay and me?" he asked.

Bowling was the farthest thing from my mind.

"Bowling? No, I don't think so. I'm getting really tired. But why don't you guys go? Have fun!" I said enthusiastically. Internally I was thinking that I didn't want them to come back.

Not yet. I wanted more time.

"I dunno. But we'll figure out something to do," Noah said.

"How's your date going?" I asked. I could almost hear Noah's smile when he replied.

"Fantastic."

I was happy for them. I was happy for me. I was happy at the world.

"Excellent. Have a good night."

"Night."

I hung up and settled back. Nate kissed me softly.

"They coming back?" he asked. I looped my arms around his neck.

"Not for awhile," I said.

He gave me an eskimo kiss. "Good. I'm not ready to leave."

I smiled. "I'm not ready for you to leave."

He kissed me again and every other thing in the room faded away again.

For at least a little while longer, there was only me and him.

I would worry about everything (and everyone) else when the sun rose on another day.

---------------------------------

Author's Note: I just wanted to thank everyone for wishing me a good trip. I didn't know when I would get back, but I got back early so you get this chapter I've been hoarding. AND now that it's over, I can finally tell you where I went. I went to Oprah to see BSB. Kevin showed up and they sang I Want it That Way. I got a Brian air kiss and I'm still freaking out at the moment. I've known I was going since Monday but we weren't allowed to tell ANYONE (which meant I was too distracted to do much fanfic writing!). Kevin showing up was a TOTAL surprise and I came so close to bawling my eyes out. I'm officially a puddle of mush today. I almost pulled a Livvy and spazzed in the bathroom afterwards, haha.