- Text Size +
Just Haven't Met You.....Yet
Copyright 2010
By Terri


Chapter 5


The party was in full swing and so far Skylar's plan was working. She'd managed to keep Brian and Alyssa apart but it didn't stop them from stealing glances once in a while.
Every now and then, a friend of Skylar's would attempt flirting with him but he would politely refuse them knowing the payoff that would later be his. He had no clue as to what Skylar had planned but despite his better judgement, he trusted her on this.
"Is that your plan?" Nick's eyes widened when he spotted Callie entering the room.
"Eyes back in head or you won't be getting any of this tonight,"Skylar threatened.
"Fine! but damn if he doesn't take that bait we're screwed."
"Amen to that!"Brian agreed.
Skylar forgot Brian was a boob guy. Couldn't blame him for admiring the goods. He was a guy after all. Good thing Alyssa would be able to hold his attention there as well. She wasn't exactly Miss Double D's like their friend there but she could turn a guy's head if she wanted to. "Asshole! He sent her for another beer but good for my plan. Now he's going in for the kill." She hated that she had to break her friend's heart this way but it was a necessary evil to get to the real deal in place. Little did she know.
she caught Alyssa on her way back over to Mark."You gonna be okay?"
"Actually, I'm gonna be fine. I've been looking to break up with him for the last couple of weeks. He just made my out a litte easier."
"Really?"
"Yeah."
"Can I hurt him too?"
After I'm done with him, you can do whatever you want. It is your party after all."
Skylar hung back just far enough so she could hear what was going on.
Alyssa tapped him on the shoulder and he didn't respond so she poured enough of the cold liquid on his shoulder to gain his attention. And get it she did.
Callie shrieked and pulled away from Mark."You didn't tell me you had a girlfriend!"
"I don't!"
"So I've just been a figment of your imagination for the last six months have I Mark?!"
"We've been dating but I wouldn't call it a relationship."
"I know I should have listened to my friend but oh no! I knew better."
"Here we go. Your friend hates me."
"And with good reason too. I should have known better."
" I wasn't gonna wait forever 'Lys."
"I've got eyes Mark. I'm not stupid!"
"You must be. I've been cheating on you for the last 2 months."
"You know what Mark?" She pulled the waist of his jeans out just far enough and stuck the longneck bottle down his jeans."Enjoy your beer! Now get the hell out of here!" And walked away.
He removed the bottle and spotted Skylar smirking."You! This is all your fault you bitch!"
"Temper, temper,"She scolded mockingly.
"You turned her against me."
"So I was the one that had my hand on Callie's ass?"
He groaned." Fuck you all!" And started toward the door in his beer soaked jeans.
"That the best you got Casanova?!" Skylar challenged.
Nick stayed close enough to her just in case Mark decided to get physical but he somehow had the feeling Skylar'd be dealing the blows.
Mark turned back around and came at her full throttle but her fist landed in his gut before he could even attack her."Now get the fuck out of my house before I call the police and tell them you sexually assaulted my roommate."
"I never touched Alyssa!"
"They don't know that,"Skylar replied innocently.
"You really are a bitch!"
"If you still want to be employed on Monday, I suggest you apologize to my girlfriend then leave this party,"Nick said as he stepped in. There were a lot of things he would let a man do but calling a woman a bitch was not one of them.
"You all are a bunch of fucking lunatics. You can take your damn job and stick it where the sun don't shine!" Mark shot back.
"Your choice. Now get out of here. Better yet, let me help you find the door."Nick grabbed his shoulder and walked him to the front door. When he returned to Skylar, she slipped her arms around his waist.
"You know I could have taken him."
"Yeah but I think between you and Alyssa, you did enough damage to him that he won't cross a woman for a long time. Hell, I won't cross either one of you." And smiled.
"You're a smart man. So I'm at girlfriend status now?"
"You've been at girlfriend status for quite awhile now. Get used to it."Kissing her softly.
"If I must."
"Nice move Sky. So what's this big plan of yours? "Brian interrupted them.
"You've waited six months to meet her, what's a couple minutes more?" Skylar said.
"Forever but I am at your mercy."
"Thank you. So listen up here boys."


Nick found her standing alone on the deck; sipping on a wine cooler."You doing okay?" He leaned on the railing next to her.
"I'm fine. I'm not as fragile as Skylar thinks."
"You know she's just looking out for ya."
"I know but sometimes it feels a little overbearing and she knows it."
"Man, you drenched Mark there 'Lys. Nice move."
"I've never even hit a man in my life Nick. I don't know what on Earth posessed me to do that."
"You were pissed off. Maybe Skylar's even rubbed off on you a little bit. That's not a bad thing you know."
"I know. Thanks for the concern but I'd just really like to be alone right now."
"I understand. I'll tell her you're okay."
"Thank you."
She leaned back on the railing and started peeling the label from the bottle when she heard the sliding door again."Nick I thought I told you I wanted to be.....alone,"she said turning to face him; her words trailing off as she looked into those eyes. God! Those eyes! The ones that burned right through her every night in her dreams for the last six months. He was here. Was it just another dream? She prayed it wasn't.
"Well if you really want me to go, I can." Please God let her say no! Please!
"Please don't."
Thank you! Thank you! Thank you Jesus! He stepped a little closer as to not invade her space."I saw what you did to Mark in there."
"I'm not very proud of what I did."
"But the guy kind of asked for it."
"So if a woman did that to you?" She raised her brow inquisitively.
"I wouldn't treat a woman the way he did."
"So how would you treat a woman?"
"With respect. Like my Mother taught me."
Good answer."I like your Mother."
"I'm sure she'd like you."
"You don't know me."
"Well that can be fixed."Stepping closer. She was giving off all the signals of wanting him there; close to her.
"And how's that?"
"Have dinner with me tomorrow night."
God! He was so close. So close she could just lean right in and kiss him. He was the perfect size for her but her Mom taught her to let a guy always make the first move when it came to stuff like that."Just dinner?"
"For starters. We'll have to see where the night leads us."He just wanted to take her in his arms and kiss her til they were breathless but he was playing nice.
"Okay. Dinner it is then." His gaze hadn't left hers since the minute he walked onto that deck. He held the railing on each side of her.
"I have another question for you."
"Fire away."
"Do you believe in love at first sight?"
"The minute I laid eyes on you."
"Do you think it exists?"
"Absolutely."
"Then I guess that only leaves me with one last question."
"Anything."
"Would you think I was a terrible jerk for wanting to take you in my arms and kiss you until we're breathless right now?"
"If you're a married man, yes. If not, no."
"Divorced."
She didn't think her heart could beat any faster than it already was."Then I guess we don't have a problem."
"Did we?"
"We're talking way too much for two people that would rather be liplo-"
He didn't even let her finish her sentence before his lips landed on hers. Her hands slid up his arms as the intensity increased; fingers slipping into his hair.
It was definitely that foot poppin kind of first kiss you see in all those old movies and she would have if she weren't pinned against the deck's railing. Did it really matter though? It was the sentiment involved. He was right. He was gonna steal the breath right from her as hungrily as his body conveyed it's message to her. She wished she could stay wrapped up in him forever but as in life all good things must come to an end."That was..."
"Yeah. By the way, I'm-"
"Brian. Right?"
"Yeah. Alyssa, right?"
"Yeah."
"Well now that we're on a first name basis."
She silenced him with another kiss. Love is a wonderful thing when it's with the right person. He was it. Definitely it.
They say there's someone for everyone. Skylar was glad that she'd brought them together. Well, kinda. She got them in the same place, they just had to make the rest happen. Looked like they were doing a pretty decent job of that. She quietly slid the glass door open and stepped out."Do I need to make introductions here?"
"We're good,"Alyssa smiled at Brian; not even glancing at her friend.
"We're fine. Now leave," Brian ordered; returning Alyssa's smile.
"Fine. Be that way," Skylar teased and returned inside. Yeah, they were definitely meant to be.
"She has some timing doesn't she?"
"She means well."
"No wonder she and Nick get along so well."
"Well I think there are other reasons but let's get back to you and me."
"Good idea."
"I have a question for you now."
"Shoot."
"Do you believe in love at first sight?" Throwing his question back at him.
If you'd have asked him before that night in the restaurant, he would have given you an absolutely not but the minute he laid eyes on her, there was no doubt in his mind that there was such a thing and that it did exist. "Absolutely."