- Text Size +
Chapter Thirty Four

Kevin and I were relaxing on my sofa enjoying a couple glasses of white wine when the phone rang. Kev's hand slid down my leg pleasantly as I reached for the phone. "Hello?"

"Hey Shay."

"Nick," I said in surprise. Kev's touch faltered for a second. I sipped from my glass and flashed him a smile. His eyebrows darted upwards. His palm slid along my calf. The boys were laughing like hyenas in Jake's bedroom.

"How was the cruise?"

"Amazing," he said. "Which reminds me--"

I twirled the stem of my wine glass. I knew I shouldn't have, but I had kept tabs through Twitter on cruise dirt. I had just been waiting for Nick to call.

"Are you supposed to be drinking?" I asked. I felt a little hypocritical sitting with my wine. Then again, I wasn't the one with the history of drug and alcohol abuse.

Nick made a garbled noise in the back of his throat. "We all indulged a little too much," he admitted. "It's not like I go out and do that everyday, Shay. Those days are behind me."

At that moment, Kev leaned over me. His hand shot between my thighs. I gasped.

"You sound surprised," Nick said. I shifted back into the pillows. Kev leaned over me and kissed my collar bone.

"I--I'm just--"

"I know you're probably busy," Nick said. "I don't want to keep you. I was just wondering if it would be okay for me and Lauren to come see Jake in a week or so. For Christmas."

Christmas. Christmas was already here as far as I was concerned. Leggings were no match against Kev's fingers. The material was too thin. The light scent of his aftershave was blocking all proper thinking mechanisms.

"Sounds fine!" I squeaked.

"Great. Have a good night."

"Night!" I repeated. I hung up and dropped the phone to the floor. Kev nuzzled my neck.

"I think I better recheck that leaky shower," he whispered.

"But--it's not leaky anymore," I said dumbly.

"Is there a lock on the door?"

"Yes."

"Then we better check on it."

The wine was going straight to my head. I blinked rapidly.

"What about the boys?"

Kev stood up and took my hands. His hands found a resting place on my hips as we walked down the hall together. We peered into Jake's room.

"This is a HUGGGGEEE dino paw," Jake was explaining. He tapped a splattered mess of green. Mason nodded.

"This is a howsey," Mason said. He tapped a big blob of brown. Jake grinned.

"MY DINO WILL EAT YOUR HOWSEY!" Jake yelled. Mason's eyes widened before they both fell back and giggled.

"Occupied," Kev whispered in my ear.

We crossed the hall; I opened the bathroom door. I heard the lock turn behind us.

The man could move like lightning. My back pressed against the sink; my head against the medicine cabinet as he moved in on me. I could feel the result of his living room pawing pressed up against my leg. Warm hands slid up my back towards the clasp of my bra. Once it was unsnapped, I grabbed the front of his shirt and slid down. I heard a satisfied moan as I lowered his zipper.

Moments of recklessness didn't happen often for me (I probably should have learned my lesson - the last time had given me Jake). In my defense, it all goes back to my desire for a surprise. Kev had set the bar too high for me to accept disappointment. And as far as I was concerned, sex in my own bathroom was a pretty good surprise.

Especially with a man as gorgeous as Kevin Richardson.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * *


"Shay said it was fine if we come up," I said as I hung up the phone.

"That was a quick call. I guess I expected --"

"I'm pretty sure Kev was there," I said. I knew I sounded annoyed. I also knew I didn't have a right to be. I was butt-ass naked in bed with Lauren. She pressed up against me, draping one long leg around my waist.

"I'm glad he was," Lauren said. She kissed my jawline. "Obviously a little nookie makes her more agreeable."

I laughed. The slight chip on my shoulder dissolved. I had just found out firsthand that engagement sex was even better than general relationship sex. I rolled over, pinning Lauren into the mattress. Her hair fanned out around her like a dark halo.

"So what were you saying about indulging?" Lauren mused. I trailed my fingers down into the V between her breasts.

"Drinking on the cruise," I said distractedly.

"Mmmm. I do recall us doing a little of that," she said lightly. Her hips arched to mine.

"I'm not addicted," I said quietly.

"To the drinking?"

Her hands grabbed hold of my ass as I nodded.

"I think you've transferred your addictions elsewhere," she said. I grabbed her arms and pinned them to her sides. She tossed her head to the side.

"Are you complaining?" I asked. I kissed her ticklish spot underneath her earlobe. She laughed hysterically.

"NO!" she shrieked. I kissed the spot again, this time rubbing my scratch stubble over it after my lips pulled away. She wiggled underneath me in just the right way. I brought her arms up over her head. The moment she looked at me I kissed her.

I could think of a MILLION things worse than becoming addicted to Lauren. She was all I ever wanted.

And more.