- Text Size +

Nick was sitting with his friends. I forced myself to calm down. I didn’t want Nick to see me flustered.

“Hey Emmers. You done dancing with Kevin?” Nick patted his lap, so I would sit down.

“More than done.”

“Was it that bad?” He whispered in my ear.

“Yeah. He thinks I’m a money grubbing whore that’s using you.” I quietly told him. I didn’t want anyone else to hear.

“Ignore him baby. He’s just being a dick.” Nick planted at kiss on my cheek. That made me feel somewhat better.

Nick and I turned back to the conversation. Leighanne was talking about something her son did the other day.

“So Emma how do you like Florida?” Howie asked.

“I love it.  It’s nice having the beach in your backyard. Things are a little slower here than in L.A.  I think that’s what I love the most.” I relaxed into Nick’s chest as I talked with Howie.

“The beaches are wonderful. Nick told me you owned your own business.”

“I owned a scrapbook store. I loved it. It was a huge loss when it caught on fire.”

“I can only imagine. If I lost the club, I would be devastated. Do you have any other plans in the future?” Howie inquired. He was the first one besides Nick to show any interest in me as a person.

“I’m not sure right now. Things have moved so fast since the fire. I am going to take a few weeks to relax. Then I might go back to school or find a job.”

Howie and I continued to chat. He was easy to talk to. I felt I could totally be myself with him. It wasn’t like talking to AJ or Kevin. About ten minutes later Howie excused himself to go back to his office.

“You sure were chatty with Howard.” Nick commented.

“He’s the first one of your friends to actually treat me like a human. At least you have one good friend.”

“They’re all nice. Just give them a chance.” He sighed. I think I pissed him off with my comment, but so far it was true.

“I’m going to head to the bar for a drink. Do you want something?”

“Yeah, get me a coke.”

I got off his lap and went to the bar. Kevin was sitting at the bar with his arms wrapped around a blonde haired woman.

“Hey Kevin.” I said with a smile. I wondered who the bimbo he was with.

“Hey.” He nodded his head at me. Clearly he didn’t want to talk to me.

“Aren’t you going to introduce me to your friend?” I asked casually. He was getting more pissed by the minute.

“Emma, I would like you to meet Candice. Candice this is Nick’s girlfriend, Emma.”

“It’s nice to meet you Candice.” Then I looked at Kevin. “How’s Sasha doing? I’m sure she misses you in her bed when you’re in Orlando.”

Candice removed Kevin’s arms from her waist.

“Who is Sasha?” She gave Kevin the evil eye.

“Just a girl I used to date.”

“Gee that’s so funny. I talked to Sasha two days ago and all she could talk about what how hot you were in bed. She kept telling me that you asked her to be exclusive.”

“You son of a bitch. How dare you cheat on me with another woman! We’re through.” Candice smacked him on the face and walked away.

“YOU ARE SUCH A BITCH!!!” He screeched at me.

I admit I was being a bitch. Richardson had it coming. You mess with fire than you are going to get burned.

“I may be a bitch, but you are a womanizing man whore. You cheat on your wife and have a woman in every city. You’re worried about me.” I laughed in his face. “You are lower than dirt. If you ever try to but into my relationship again, you’re going to see what I mega bitch I can be.”

I walked away feel ten times better.

When I got back to the VIP lounge, Nick was no where to be seen.

“Leighanne have you seen Nick?”

“I think he went to downstairs looking for you.”

“Oh. Thanks Leighanne.” I turned around and went back downstairs.

I looked around the club, but couldn’t find him anywhere. I continued to peruse the dance floor.  He wasn’t there. I turned towards the bar. He was having a heated discussion with Kevin. I quickly walked over.

“Your girlfriend is such a bitch. All the others ones might have been whores, but Emma is a piece of work. I can’t believe you of all people would date that.”

“Go to hell.  You’re just pissed because she bruised your ego. You cheated on her best friend. How did you think she was going to react.”

“Yeah, Sasha is some best friend.  She thinks is hilarious that your girlfriend won’t fuck you. I mean how many women are virgins at thirty-two. I think that there’s something wrong with her.”

“Fuck you Kevin Scott Richardson. My personal life has nothing to do with you. Why can’t you leave me alone?” I screamed.

“I’m not the one with the problem. Maybe you need to see a psychiatrist.” He yelled back.

“What is going on here? If you are going to fight in my club then get out.” Howie replied calmly.

I didn’t even know he had walked over to us. I was embarrassed about causing a scene. I was pissed at Kevin for letting the whole world know I was a virgin.

“You don’t have to worry, Howie. I’m out. I’ll see you in the studio.” Kevin walked away.

“Nick, I’m sorry.” Tears started to fall from my eyes.

“Baby it’s not your fault. Kevin’s being an ass.” Nick wrapped his arms around me.

“I know, but it’s my fault. I kind of said some things in front of his slut, bimbo, or whatever the hell she is.”

“That doesn’t give him the right to treat you that way. Let’s go home.”

“Okay.”

“Tomorrow we’re going to have a nice long chat.”

“About your prude of a girlfriend.” I commented.

“You’re not a prude, but baby I just have to wonder about the sex issue.” He said seriously as we walked to the car.

“Fine Nick.” I really didn’t want to have this conversation with him. Guys never understood. I prayed that Nick would be different.