- Text Size +

Upon entering the studio, I saw Leighanne sitting with her son doing some school work. Brian and AJ were sitting laughing at something on the laptop.

“Hey Emma. Hey Nick.” Howie walked over towards us.

“Hi Howie. How are you today?” I gave him a friendly smile.

“I’m doing well. How about you?” He took my hand and placed a kiss on it.

“Doing great.”

“I heard Emma is going to be working for you.” Nick said as he sat down.

“Yeah. It will be nice to have somebody smart and confident working with me.” He smiled at me.  I pretended to ignore his smile.

“Hey Emma. We’re going to leave as soon as Bay finishes his math test.”

“Sounds good.” I sat down on Nick’s lap. He slowly started to rub my legs. It felt good. Tonight we were going out on the town and spending a romantic night at a hotel. I couldn’t wait to spend time with Nick.

“You guys ready to get started?” Kevin entered the room.

“Let’s go. I want to get out early. I have a night of romance planned.” Nick attempted to get up with me on his lap. I fell to the ground. “Em are you okay?”

“I’m fine Nick.” I quickly got up. “You can make it up to me tonight.”

“I can’t wait.” He brought me in for a long steamy kiss.

“Enough. There’s a kid in the room.” Kevin rolled his eyes and walked out.

We broke apart. Nick followed Kevin out of the room. I was in my own world thinking about tonight. It was going to be romantic. I couldn’t wait.

I noticed Leighanne standing next to me. She had a big smile on her face.

“You two are so cute together. Let’s get you ready for you romantic night.” She giggled.

---------------------------------

Leighanne and I were lying on the massage table enjoying our Swedish massage.

“You and Nick seem to have a good relationship.”

“We do, but like any couple we have some issues.” I sighed. I was still feeling guilty about what happened at the beginning of the week.

“It sounds like something is bothering you. Do you want to talk about it?” She turned her head to face mine.

“Yeah, because if I don’t I might explode. Nick and I have discussed it, but I need another woman’s take on it.”

“Talk away.”

“Nick and I haven’t had sex yet. We’ve come close but it hasn’t happened yet.”

“What has stopped you?” Leighanne asked quietly.

“Me. Every time we get close, I stop.” I paused. “I’m a virgin.”

“Do you think that is what’s stopping you?”

“No. I want to make love to him. How long did it take you and Brian to have sex?”

“Brian and I had a whirlwind romance. Things happened really quickly between us.” She smiled. I could tell she was reminiscing about their early days. “We met on a video shoot.  Three days later we were dating. I think after a week we were having sex. It wasn’t something I normally did, but everything with Brian seemed so right.”

“I love Nick. He’s everything I ever wanted in a guy. He’s sweet, caring, charming, and romantic. I’m so attracted to him, but for some reason I can’t have sex with him.”

“What happens when you get to that point?” Leighanne questioned. She was really trying to help me figure this thing out.

“I can be all in the mood, ready to go, and my mind says stop. Nick is getting frustrated, which makes it harder for me.”

“Your mind is trying to tell you something.”

“Maybe I need to stop listening to my brain and just do it.” I was irritated with this whole situation.

“Then you’re not being fair to yourself. No woman should force herself to have sex just because her man wants her to. When you’re ready, you’re ready. He’ll just have to wait.”

“Ladies your massage is over. You may head to the dining room for lunch.” The buff guy said and left the room.

We quickly put our robes on and headed towards the dining hall. We quickly got our food and sat down.

“Nick is already starting to get annoyed with me. We’ve been fighting about it.” I took a bite of salad.

“He not used to a woman turning him down. I think that’s a good thing for him. Nick needs to learn it’s not all about him.”

I looked at her and started to laugh. I was enjoying my day at the spa. Leighanne was friendly and easy to talk to.

“Well enough about me. Let’s talk about something else.”

------------------------------

After our spa day, Leighanne and I quickly went shopping for something to wear for my romantic date with Nick. All I knew what that I needed to dress up. Leighanne helped me pick out a beautiful green dress with a flowy chiffon skirt that came down to my mid thigh. My hair was done is soft waves. I felt gorgeous and hoped Nick would like it.

Slowly we walked into the recording studio. I felt out place being all dolled up. Leighanne was next to me in jeans and a cute shirt. That was more my style, but every once in a while I loved looking like a princess.

“Emma you look breathtaking.” Howie’s eye bulged out of his head. He had a look of desire in his eyes. I smiled at him.

“Thank you Howie. Do you know where Nick is?”

“He’s getting ready. He should be out soon.”

“Thanks.” I stood there feeling uncomfortable.

Howie was attempting to read a paper that was sitting on the coffee table. He kept stealing glances at me. He didn’t think I noticed but I did. I found it kind of amusing in a weird way. I wasn’t used to men looking at me that way.

Nick walked in behind me. I felt his arms move around my waist. Slowly I turned around. Nick grabbed my face and pulled me into his chest. He licked his lips and crushed them to mine. I noticed a blur move out of the room. Poor Howie having to watch Nick attack me with his mouth. After a few minutes, we broke apart.

“Emma, you’re absolutely stunning.” He attempted to catch his breath.

“Thank you. I love you in that suit.”

Nick looked hot in his black suit with a dark green shirt. It was funny how we matched without even trying.

“Let’s go or we’ll be late for our reservation.” Nick took my hand and we started to leave.

“Where are you taking me?”

“I’m not telling. I don’t want to ruin the surprise.”

When we got outside, a black Prowler was in the parking lot. Nick opened the door for me. I slowly got in. I felt like I was in a dream. This was going to be a great weekend.