- Text Size +

After making love Nick cuddled me close to him. He was so tender and gentle. I was feeling bad, but he didn’t even realize that I was acting weird.

“Emmers, I love you so much.” He kissed me forehead.

“I love you, too.” I whispered.

“Are you okay?”

“Yes, Nick.” The tears were still coming from my eyes. I was uncomfortable lying in his arms.

“Why are you crying?” He said softly. “Making love can be overwhelming, especially the first time. I never experienced the connection I felt with you.”

“Thank you, for understanding Nick.”

I closed my eyes, pretending that I was tired. Hopefully he would think I was asleep. I don’t think I would be able to utter a word to him. It was bad enough that I was being untruthful with him.

After what seemed like forever, Nick was softly snoring. I got up and put Nick’s shirt on. I made my way to the balcony.

My mind was full of thoughts about what had happened. I thought making love to Nick would be a monumental moment in our relationship. It wasn’t anything that Nick did. He was attentive, caring, and sweet. He did everything right. Maybe it was me. I had waited so long to have sex that I was consumed by fantasies. I knew that wasn’t that case. Nick had provided a wonderful fantasy for me. Maybe it would better the second time around.

I sat on the balcony with my chin resting on my knees. Minutes turned into hours. The sun started to rise. My body wouldn’t let me get back into bed with Nick.

“The bed was lonely without you.” Nick sat down next to me. His hair was all over the place. He looked good with bed head.

“I’m sorry. I just love watching the sunrise.” I looked at him.

“Next time wake me up. I don’t want to miss any of these moments with you.”

“I promise to wake you up for every sunrise from now on.” I placed a kiss on his cheek.

“Good.” He smiled at me. “I have a wonderful day planned for us.”

“Really? What do you have planned?”

“I booked us a private cabana by the pool.” He smirked at me and continued. “That way we won’t be bothered.”

Nick pulled me onto his lap and placed his lips on mine. The night before was forgotten. His lips on mine did something to my mind, body, and soul. I wanted him more than I did the night before. I was going to chalk up my first experience to nerves. It had to be that.

“Nick, I love you. Let me get a shower. Then can we get some breakfast?”

“Anything you wish my lady.”

I almost ran to the bathroom, but I realized that Nick would find that strange. I quickly grabbed my toiletries and went to the bathroom.

As I stood under the cascading water, my thoughts were filled with so many thoughts. I loved Nick more than anyone else in my life. Being in his arms was like be wrapped in a piece of heaven. I cared about his so much. Last night’s stress left my body tense. I was going to give sex a second chance. It had to be better the second time around.

 I was amazed that Nick didn’t realize something was off last night. Maybe he knew I was nervous and didn’t want me to feel bad about it. Or maybe he was just a guy and as long as he got off it didn’t matter. I don’t think he would be that uncaring.

I got out of the shower and dried off. Quietly I walked into the bedroom. Nick was lying on the bed. When he saw me his eyes lit up and his mouth formed into a smirk.

“You look good in a towel.” He teased.

“Nick, you’ve seen me in a towel before.”

“I know. But damn girl, you look sexy.” He walked over to me. “I need to remind you every day how sexy you are.”

His mouth moved down to my shoulder. He nipped my shoulder gently. Shivers went down my spine and moan escaped my mouth.

“You like that?” Nick gazed into my eyes. I bit my lip and nodded my head. I still couldn’t speak from the way he made me feel.

He pulled me close and just held me in his arms. Nick made me feel safe and loved. I could stay in his arms forever.

“Nickers, I’m getting cold standing here. Let me finish getting ready. I’m starving.”

He moved away from me. I grabbed my clothes and headed back into the bathroom.

----------------------------------------------

After breakfast we headed to our private cabana. It was absolutely stunning. It had two chaise lounges, chairs, a small table, television and mini fridge. Rose petals were carefully placed everywhere. I definitely could feel the romance.

“Make yourself comfortable.” Nick replied as he stretched out on a lounge. I slowly plopped down on top of him.

“Hey there, Nicky.” I said with a giggle.

“Well, hello there, Emmers. Are you comfortable?”

“Yeah, I am. You are a cozy pillow.” He grabbed me and pulled me on his side.

“Are you enjoying yourself?”

“Nick, thank you for all of this.” I placed my arm over his stomach. “I am enjoying every moment. No one has ever treated me like a princess. I feel like I’m dreaming.”

“You deserve it. I’m glad you are having a good time.” Nick started playing with my wavy hair. “It makes me happy to see you happy. I hope last night was everything you thought it would be.”

I didn’t say anything for a moment. I was trying to come up with the right words to say. I didn’t want to hurt Nick’s feelings with the truth. I kept telling myself that my nerves got the best of me last night.

“It was great Nick.” I told a little white lie. I didn’t want to hurt his feelings. Everything was perfect in our relationship at the moment. I didn’t want to ruin it because of one minor detail.

“I agree. I can’t wait to make love to you again.” He kissed my cheek.

“We have all day to make love.”

“I’m going to hold you to that.”

We both just laid together lost in our own thoughts. We didn’t even need to talk to feel the love we felt for each other.