- Text Size +

“Oh baby, that was perfect.” Nick caressed my cheek as he lay beside me.

“It was.” I whispered barely getting the words out. I was the worse girlfriend ever. This was the second time we made love, and I was still lying to Nick.

I knew I wasn't an expert when it came to making love, but something wasn’t right. I didn’t see fireworks or feel my eyes rolling to the back of my head from a mind blowing orgasm. I couldn’t blame Nick. It wasn’t his fault. Nick was more than attentive both times. That’s why I was unable to tell him the truth.

“Baby is something wrong? You’re so quiet.”

“No.” I took a slow breath. “It’s all so new to me. Just kind of wondering if I’m doing it right.”

“Emma. You are absolutely perfect. I’ve never felt such a connection with any woman.” Nick slowly rubbed my arm.

My heart was crushed. He thought I hung the moon and stars when it came to sex. I didn’t know what to do. I needed a moment a way from Nick.

“Nick, I’ve got to go to the bathroom.” I got up and quickly walked out of the cabana.

After walking around for a few minutes, I found the bathroom. I sat down on the toilet and let the tears fall from my eyes. I didn’t know of anything else to do. I was a horrible, dishonest girlfriend. I was everything I promised myself not to be. At this point I didn’t know what to do. Well, actually I knew what I needed to do. I need to be honest with Nick, but I wasn’t sure what to say to him. My mind was trying to rationalize my thoughts. It was an epic failure. My best bet was to let myself figure out what to say to Nick. For the time being I was going to keep my problem to myself.

I unlocked the stall and walked over to the sink. My face was all blotchy and red. Nick was going to know something was up. I turned on the water and splashed myself with cold water. I took a deep breath and tried to calm down. After a few minutes, my face was slightly less blotchy and red. It was time to make my way back to the cabana.

-------------------------------

Nick was humming to himself when I entered the cabana. He looked so happy and content.

“Babe, what’s wrong? You’ve been crying.” He asked in concern as he sat up.

“I’m fine Nickers. I just had some bad cramps.” I answered. “I hate being a woman.”

“I’m sorry you’re not feeling well. How about we cuddle and I rub your stomach?”

Why was he so sweet to me? At times I felt I wasn’t good enough for him. This was one of those times. I was so insecure when it came to Nick.

“That sounds perfect to me.”

We both snuggled together. Nick was rubbing my stomach.

“Someday when you’re pregnant with my baby, I’m going to rub your tummy every night when we go to bed.”

“You plan on us having kids?”

“Emma, you are the only woman I have ever thought about having kids with. I think you would make the perfect mother.” He kissed my shoulder. It was such an affectionate kiss.

“I’ve always wanted a houseful of kids. A few weeks before I met you I was looking into going to a sperm bank.”

“Why? Did you want kids that badly?”

“Nick, I’ve always wanted children. At that point, I was ready to give up on falling in love. I figured I didn’t need a man to have a baby. I had everything else in my life; a successful career, a place to live, and enough money to raise a child.” I explained to him.

He took my hand and placed it on his lips. He gave me soft kisses on my hand. I scooted closer to him. My hand moved to his thigh, and I gently started to rub his thigh.

“I think you would make a wonderful mother. I’m glad you didn’t go to the sperm bank. I know you want a baby, but someday we can make a baby with our love.” His voice cracked.

“You plan on us having a baby together?” I murmured. I was truly shocked at his comment. Most guys didn’t want to talk about babies.

“Whenever you are ready, Emmers. If you want to get pregnant tomorrow or next year, I’m ready, willing, and able.” He smirked at me. I started to laugh.

“Are you sure your sperm is that strong? You sound awfully confident Carter. I smacked him in the chest. “You must have a bunch of little Carter’s roaming around with that super sperm of yours.”

“You are so not funny, Emma Warde. There are no little Carter’s running around this world. You are the only one I want to populate the world with.”

“I love you, Nick.” I reached up to kiss his lips. He rolled me over onto my back. Slowly he placed his weight on top of me.

“I.” Kiss. “Love you.” Kiss. “Emma.”

I broke the kiss and looked deep into his eyes. All the love he had was radiating from those blue eyes. I was the luckiest girl in the world.

“Thank you for everything you do for me. You make me feel like a princess. I’m so glad Sasha introduced us. That’s the best thing she has ever done.”

“I agree. How is she doing?”

“I haven’t heard her since she dumped Kevin’s nasty ass. She was pissed when she found about his whore in Florida.” He looked at me. “Those are her words not mine.”

“Good because I know you don’t use words like that. My Emma is sweet and nice.”

“That may be true, but I have a temper.” I pushed him onto his back and he fell to the floor.

“So I shouldn’t make you mad?” He sat up as he rubbed his head.

“Exactly. I’m hungry. Let’s get some lunch.”