- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Strong language, sexual content

I followed Nick upstairs to the bedroom. He was flinging the comforter to the floor. The pillows were next to be chucked across the room.

“What the hell are you doing in here?” He screamed at me. I looked at him, but my mouth wouldn’t open. “Just leave me the fuck alone.”

“Nick, what does this mean for our relationship?” I moved closer to him. He didn’t move, but I could see his body tense up.

“I don’t know. I love you so fucking much, but what you did is unforgivable.”

“I didn’t mean to hurt you. I love you so much.” I closed the space between us.

“Why Howie?” He murmured in my ear.

That was the one question I didn’t want to answer. Nick would never understand.  In my own brain I couldn’t fully comprehend it. I loved Nick more than I’ve ever loved anyone, but there was something about Howie. He made me feel alive. I was able to be wild and crazy. I had never felt that way about myself, and I liked it. Nick was safe and comfortable. Howie was the man that could un-tame me.

“There’s always been an attraction to him. I always ignored it because I love you and didn’t want anyone else. There was no reason to act on it.”

“But you did.” Nick backed up and sat on the bed.

“I didn’t plan on it.”

“Do you have feelings for Howie?” He sputtered out. I knew he didn’t want to hear the answer to that question. Nick looked queasy. I was going to be honest with him.

“Yes.” I sat next down next to him. “I love you, but I have feelings for Howie.”

“Oh.” Nick stood up. “I’ll be in the guest room.”

He started to walk away. I didn’t want the conversation to end this way. I hated to go to bed angry.

“Nick, wait.” He stopped and looked at me with glassy eyes. “What does this mean for us?”

“Honestly, I don’t know.” He stepped out of the room. I looked at the empty doorway with the feeling that my relationship with Nick was over.

------------------------------------

Nick sat on the couch in the studio with his eyes closed. He didn’t want to see Howie. What was he going to say to his so called best friend? What kind a brother would sleep with your girlfriend? He didn’t know what he was going to say to Howie. Nick hoped he would remain calm when he saw him.

“So who’s the new lady?”

“She’s not my lady. She just some girl I met at the club.” Kevin answered in an irritated tone, as he and AJ walked into the studio.

“What the hell are you doing here so early?” AJ flopped down next to Nick.

“No reason. Can’t a guy just be early?”

“Nicky you’re never early. You look like shit. You smell like shit. I haven’t seen your eyes this bloodshot in a long time.”

“Thank you Captain Obvious.” Nick got up and moved to another couch. He stretched out so AJ wouldn’t bother him.

AJ grabbed Nick’s laptop and started checking his email. A few minutes later Brian came in.

“What’s his problem?” Brian said pointing to Nick.

“He’s not talking. Just brooding. So you know he’s pissed to the moon.”

“I wonder what’s wrong. He’s been so happy since he started dating Emma.” Brian leaned against the wall, watching his best friend.

“I’m not dead. I can hear every effin’ word you say. Nothing is wrong.”

“Hey guys!” Howie walked in slowly. He was afraid to see Nick after what happened the previous night, but tried to remain calm.

Nick bolted up when he heard the sound of Howie’s voice.  He pushed Howie up against the wall. Brian and AJ looked at each other.

“You Mother Fucking Son of a Bitch. How dare you fuck my girlfriend?”  Nick yelled in Howie’s face. “You little Mexican Bastard! Why the hell would you stoop so low and sleep with Emma?”

Howie stared at Nick. He was at a loss of words. He knew Nick would be mad, but this was scary. Howie was afraid to speak. He knew that Nick wouldn’t even listen to what he had to say.

“Nick, let him go.”

“Shut the hell up, AJ. This mother fucker fucked my girlfriend because I couldn’t get her off. What the hell kind of friend is that?”

Kevin walked into the room when he heard Nick’s tirade. He knew Brian and AJ wouldn’t be able to stop it.

“Nick calm down. Let Howie go.” Kevin replied calmly. Nick backed away after he punched Howie in the face and gut. Howie fell to the ground, but Kevin caught him and placed him on the couch. “AJ go get some ice. Brian go find Nick and talk to him.”

Both guys left, leaving Howie and Kevin alone. Howie was holding his nose and blood dripped everywhere. Kevin sat next to him giving Howie a few minutes to collect himself.

“Howard, why was Nick beating the shit out of you?” Kevin asked curiously.

“I slept with Emma.” Howie said while pinching his nose.

“You mean Miss Goody Two Shoes cheated on Nick. I knew she was nothing but a money grubbing whore. No one is that sweet and innocent at her age.”

“Fuck off, Kevin. You know nothing about Emma or what is going on. You have no room to talk after the way you’ve been acting.” Howie spat back. He was sick of everyone’s shit. He may be the nice guy of the group, but he could get pissed like everyone else.

“What the hell is going on?” AJ threw an ice pack at Howie and sat down.

“I slept with Emma last night.” Howie repeated again. He was already tired of everyone getting in his business.

“How the hell did that happen?”

“When I got to work last night, she was in the office drinking herself drunk. Emma got in a fight with Nick. I comforted her and one thing led to another.” Howie summarized. There was no reason for him to go into the details. Nick already tried to kill him. He’d be dead if he spilled the truth about the fight.

“What did Nick mean about not getting Emma off?” AJ questioned. Why did he have to remember the specifics of conversations?

“From what she told me, Nick couldn’t make her have an orgasm.” Howie sighed. He knew he signed his death wish.

“Holy fuck balls. Nick is like the pimp daddy of this group. He can’t get his girlfriend off.” AJ cackled. “He must have been lying all these years.”

Kevin joined in on the laughter. Howie gave them both a dirty look.

“It’s not funny. Nick’s going to kick your asses.”

“Were you able to make her cum?”

“That’s none of your business.” Howie got up and walked out. He was disgusted with the whole situation.

“Oh yeah, the Latin Lover strikes again. He does what no man can do.” AJ snickered.

“Damn it’s bad when Nick, the womanizer can’t get a woman off and Howie does.” Kevin commented.