- Text Size +
Story Notes:

*Squel to Adventures in Babysitting: Nick's turn.*

Rated P-13 due to Language.

 

Chapter 1

"No, you can't cancel." Brian said into the phone. "It's just Kevin's son." He tried to reason.

"Not again." Leigh said disspointed

"Man, we can't cancel our reservation. This place will charge us like crazy for it." Howie complained.

"I know it's usually just the two." Brian spoke into the phone. "Well, can't you make an exception?" He asked.

"This doesn't sound good." Leighanne said bouncing James on her lap.

He giggled in delight.

"No, I understand. Thank you." Brian said and hung up.

"She canceled?" Leigh asked.

"Yep." Brian said walking over to the group.

"Because of Mason?" Howie question.

"She said her apartment was too small for three kids and she wasn't about to watch them all in an unfamiliar environment." Brian explained.

"What are we gonna do now? Kevin and Kristin will be here with Mason any minute." Leighanne worried.

"Call Uncle Nicky. He was fun!" Baylee smiled.

Howie pulled out his phone and dialed the number.

"Hello?" Nick answered.

"Hey Nicky, What's up?" Howie asked.

"Not much, Just got off the phone with Jay. Rochelle's out of town and he's bored... what was it he said... of yeah... He said he's so bored he counted his sunglasses. Two hundred and seventy eight pairs." Nick rambled.

"Wow, that's a lot." Howie said.

"That's what I said. So, what's up with you?" Nick questioned.

"Oh uh, not much. Brian, the girls and I are just looking for a sitter." Howie explained.

"Sorry Man. I'm not even in Cali right now. I'm visiting Aaron in Orlando." Nick apologized.

"Dang." Howie cursed carefully.

"Hey, why don't y'all call AJ? He ain't doing anything and if I recall he was pretty jealous about me getting to watch them a few weeks ago." Nick lied.

"Really? I dunno man. Something about that sounds like a bad idea." Howie shook his head.

Leigh gave him a funny look.

"Oh come on Howie. They'll be fine. I mean, you guys left them with me. AJ can't be any worse." Nick was eagerly seeking payback for a prank AJ had pulled about a week ago.

"Well, maybe you're right."

"I know I am D. Trust me." Nick grinned.

"Alright, I'll call him." Howie caved. He knew AJ was his last chance anyway.

"Good. Let me know how it goes." Nick said as he strifled a laugh

"Ok, bye Nick." Howie said and hung up.

"So, what's going on?" Brian asked.

"Who are you gonna call?" Leighanne questioned.

"AJ." Howie nervously replied.

"Woah, wait a second. Why can't Nick do it?" Leigh asked.

"He's visiting Aaron in Florida. He said he was sure AJ could handle the kids and that he was so bored he was counting his sunglasses."

"I dunno..." Brian trailed off.

"We don't have any other choice." Howie argued.

"Fine, but let's not tell Kevin until we're pulling in his driveway." Brian caved.

Howie then dialed up AJ's number and waited for him to answer.

"Hello?" His voice played.

"Hey Jay, Nicky said you was board." Howie replied.

"Yeah man, you have no idea." AJ shook his head.

"Well how would you like to have something to do? Something that will help you not be board." Howie asked.

"I'd love it." AJ replied having no idea what he was getting into.

"Great, we'll bring the kids by in about an hour." Howie told him.

"Woah, hang on, kids?" AJ asked after almost dropping his phone.

"Baylee." Howie whispered and motioned for him to come over.

"Yeah?" Baylee asked.

"Hang on Jay." Howie said then covered the mouth piece. "Tell Uncle AJ how much you love him and miss him. Tell him you and James and Mason really wanna come hang out since your the best Uncle ever." Howie coached him then gave him the phone.

"Uncle AJ?" Baylee questioned getting on the phone.

"Hey Baylee, where's Howie?" AJ asked.

"Uncle AJ, I really love you a lot and so does James and we miss you." Baylee told him.

"Baylee..." AJ trailed off.

"Your the best Uncle in the entire world. James and Mason agree."

"Baylee, give the phone to Howie." AJ instructed.

"We all really wanna come hang out with you." He sang.

"Awe man, come on Baylee... don't do this." AJ almost whined.

"Don't you love us?" He asked.

"My God, just give Uncle Howie the phone." AJ caved.

"He's gonna do it." Baylee smiled giving Howie his phone back.

"Good job son." Leighanne told him.

"What can I say? I'm irresistible." Baylee smiled big making the adults laugh.

"Thank AJ, we really owe you." Howie said getting back on the phone.

"Damn fuckin' straight you do." He cursed.

"Now, it'll be Baylee, James and Mason. We haven't see Kevin and Kristin in a while so they're gonna go out with us tonight too."

"How long?" AJ asked.

"I dunno. We'll be late so you can just lay the kids down to sleep and we'll wake them up when we come back."

"No Howie, what time?" AJ demanded.

"Uh... one or two." Howie told him

"Man, I dunno why I'm doing this." AJ said.

"Cause you love your nephews and besides Nick said you wanted to." Howie said.

"Oh really?" AJ asked.

"Yeah, he said you was jealous that he got to and not you." Howie finished as a knock came to the door. "I gotta go Jay. We'll be there soon." He said then hung up on him.