- Text Size +

Chapter 5

AJ sighed, "Okay, you two need to stay out of trouble...so...wait, Baylee what did you do while you were with Uncle Nicky?" He asked

"I don't remember...call him." He said.

AJ nodded, "I think I'll do that...you and Mason go and watch TV BUT ONLY TV! If you TOUCH ANYTHING else I will hurt you..."
The young boys nodded and left.

AJ grabbed his phone and dialled Nick's number.
"Having fun Uncle Jay?" Nick asked in an amused voice.
"You dick!" AJ almost yelled.
"Now, now, now, you can't cuss in front of such small ears. The guys will kill you." Nick said.
"Oh Mason's already repeated shit and fuck." 
Nick cracked up laughing.
"Nick man it ain't funny. I went to make screaming Howie Jr. A bottle and next thing I know Mason is gone. I found him upstairs wearing my sunglasses with all the rest at his feet. A lot of them looked broken." AJ almost felt like crying. He loved his sunglasses almost as much as Rochelle.
"Poor AJ." Nick said.
"Baylee told me Morton did it!" AJ threw his hands up.
"Morton?" Nick asked.
"Yeah, he said he was Norton's little cousin. Whoever that is."
"Norton! That's Baylee's imaginary friend. Morton must be Mason's." Nick explained.
"Well, what the fuck do I do with them?" AJ asked.
"Why don't you play hide and go seek?" Nick struggled not to laugh.
"Hide and go seek?" AJ knew the game but wasn't sure if it was a very good idea.
"Sure, oh! And if I know you like I think I do... Don't let them turn the TV on without checking what you were watching last first."
AJ's eyes got big.
"I made that mistake... Twice."
"Shit Nick I gotta go!" AJ said and hung up quickly.

AJ ran into the living room and saw a girl sucking a guy off. The young boys sat there on the couch with their eyes wide.

"SHIT!" AJ yelled making James drop his bottle and cry.

AJ quickly turned off the TV.

"Uncle AJ...YOU CAN'T SAY BAD WORDS!!! You're worse than Uncle Nicky! At least he tried to not say bad words...You're not even trying!" Baylee said shaking his head.

"Whatever. Don't tell your parents you saw this...Please?"

"What's in it for us?" Baylee asked as AJ picked up James' dropped bottle.

"Are you kidding me?" AJ asked.

"Nope." Baylee smiled evil.

"I'm being blackmailed by a six year old." AJ shook his head.

"I'm seven thank you very much!" Baylee argued.

"Excuse me, seven." AJ corrected.

"Good, now about keeping this a secret... I think something sweet would help." Baylee said.

"Chocolate milk." Mason cheered.

"That'll keep you guys from telling on me?" AJ asked forgetting all about Kristin and Leighanne's warnings.

"Yup."

"Yup." Mason copied.

"Deal." AJ agreed and help out his hand for Baylee.

Baylee shook it and smiled ear to ear.

The two small boys then followed AJ into the kitchen.

AJ stopped at the refrigerator and quickly checked to make sure Mason was still present. After that he grabbed the milk and chocolate sauce and took them over to the counter.

"I want mine in a red cup." Baylee said.

"I want boo." Mason followed.

"Boo?" AJ asked.

"He means blue." Baylee explained.

"Right, a red and blue cup." AJ said looking in his cabinet."Alright, I have plastic blue cup for Mason and... uh Baylee all I have that's red is a glass Christmas one. If I let you use it you have to be really carefully."

"I will be. I promise." Baylee agreed.

"Alright then. Let's see... Milk..." AJ said and poured it into the cups.

"Now chocolate!" Mason smiled. 

"Right..." AJ said and began to add it in.

"Don't forget to stir it up." Baylee told him.

"Of course." AJ said grabbing a spoon. When he was finished mixing he had the boys sit down at the breakfast bar and gave them each their cup.

"Now you guys wont tell about the TV right?" AJ wanted to be sure.

"Right."

"Right." Mason again copied.

AJ nodded and put away the milk and chocolate sauce. He then heard James in the other room begin to cry.

"Don't either of you get up. I'll be right back." AJ said and left the room. He then walked over and saw James trying to reach through the net screen and get the toy car Mason had left on the floor.

"You want this pal?" AJ asked handing it to him.

James smiled and took the car from him.

AJ stood and began to walked back toward the kitchen when he heard the sound on glass breaking. "God damn this is gonna be one long fucking night."