- Text Size +
Chapter Six - August 2 - Halifax, Nova Scotia

AJ and I managed to keep our 'bro promise' in check and our tempers from flaring for exactly three days. I had a sneaky suspicion that Dee and Lyndsey were purposely keeping Rhoda from me and AJ. I cherished the few minutes I had each night with her in wardrobe.

Howie, Leigh, AJ, and I were crammed into a bus heading towards Nova Scotia. As I sat on the leather couch playing World of Warcraft, I glanced around the room. AJ was slumped in a chair with his cell pressed against his nose. Howie and Leigh were in the back room.

One guess what they were doing. I knew that after Howie's dad died that he was even more intent on starting a family. The way they were going at it, if she didn't get knocked up soon, I was pulling D's man card.

"What?"

I blinked in surprise. Had I been taking aloud again? AJ seemed to be in a pissy mood. I smiled.

"Did someone wake up on the wrong side of the bed?"

"There's only one side to wake up on in a bus, Nickolas."

I scowled. I hated when they used my full name. I put my laptop on the couch, stood up, and stretched. I wasn't going to let him get to me. I headed to the small kitchenette and pulled out a box of Sugar Smacks.

I think I must have the most perfect timing in the world. I chose that moment to look out the small window. One of the other busses was driving up alongside us.

Rhoda was doing jumping jacks right in front of the window. My eyes widened. I almost dropped the box of Smacks. I clung to the box tighter. I didn't want AJ to figure out what I was seeing. I slowly opened the box of cereal and put a sugary nugget in my mouth. All the while I was marveling at the sports bra that was struggling to support Rhoda's tits. My eyes hungrily took in the bare expanse of stomach. I wished I could see the rest of her, but my imagination had already put her ass in a pair of tight short shorts.

"Could you chew a little more quietly?" AJ barked. I thought I heard him mumble something about a cigarette, but I really didn't care. Rhoda stopped jumping. Her head turned towards the window.

I was caught.

I almost yelped. I looked to my left and right before I looked back at the window with what I hoped was a sorry expression on my face.

But what I saw next didn't make me so sorry. Rhoda did the same left and right movement I had. She broke into a mischievious smile. She stepped closer to the window. So did I. As if on reflex, my fingers brought another smack to my mouth. She licked her lips. I felt a rush of heat dive south. Her hand slid under the strap of her sports bra and slid it down off her shoulders. I just know she was about ready to do a titty show. I reflexively swallowed...

Unfortunately, I swallowed the whole damn smack. It lodged in my throat and I doubled over in a coughing fit. My hand went to my neck.

"I told you to be quiet!" AJ barked. I made a pounding sound on the counter. He turned around.

"Dude what the hell?"

I didn't know the sign for choking, but I'm pretty sure my purple face gave it away. AJ stood up and headed over to me. Through my watery eyes I saw his sneakers come into view. My thoughts were getting fuzzy. He was going to let me die! He--

All of a sudden, I was bent over the counter and I got a hard WWE elbow right into my back. My gut pressed into the countertop and the woosh of air dislodged the smack. It hit the wall and moved south on a trail of spit. I took a deep breath.

"Thanks," I gasped.

AJ smirked. "Take a break from the trough for awhile," he said. He headed back to his chair. I turned back to the window.

But alas, she was gone. Their bus had shot ahead of ours and was pulling into the venue.

My opportunity had faded. My only consolation was that maybe I could get a do-over, but this time skin-to-skin instead of window-to-window.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *


Nick, for someone who just had a harrowing near death experience, was amazingly fast moving off the bus when we got to the venue. He shot out the door like his ass was on fire and there were only one extinguisher in the world.

It made me curious what the hell he was up to.

Following at a safe distance, I trailed along behind Nicky around the various buses for entourage until we'd reached the stylists bus. I felt my blood pressure rise.

It wasn't like we hadn't both been mackin' on Rhoda during wardrobe sessions and shit, but that was common knowledge. This - this was backstabbing. This was in violation of the man-code on every level. This was the exact fuckin' opposite of our bro promise.

I was Julius-fuckin-Ceasar, and Nick was Brutus.

Oh. Random fun fact. In Greek, et tu basically meant fuck you. And this is what Shakespeare, the brilliant man he was, basically made Ceasar's last words to his murderer - his back- stabbing, ex-best buddy - be.

If the shoe fits...

"Et tu, Bruti!" I shouted as I bulleted around the corner of the bus.

Nick looked up. "Huh?" His face paled. "Uhoh." He turned and ran and I went after him, just as the bus door opened and twelve miles of leg came out, attached to a teeny tiny little terry cloth boxer-style exercise short, followed by the flattest spanse of abdomen since the Arabian Desert, and then... the bra.

My feet all but squealed as I came to a halt.

Oh. My. God.

"AJ?" Rhoda asked, stepping to the cement. She had on colorful Puma sneakers. Her breasts bounced happily as she moved down those stairs to the lot's surface. I stared at them. "Hi," she smiled.

"Huuuhhhhhh--" I slurred.

"HIRHODAHOWAREY OU?" Nick's greeting upon his return was one mashed up word instead of five separate ones. I turned to look at him, my eyes were livid. He smiled sweetly at Rhoda, ignoring me.

"Hey Nicky," she grinned and turned. Her breasts swished with the motion.

Nick and I both were hypnotized.

"Did you boys have a good trip?" she asked.

"Uh-huh," we both muttered in unison. She reached up to pull her hair out of its ponytail. This, of course, pushed her breasts out and made them wobble as she reached backwards over her shoulders.

Nick literally whimpered.

Rhoda pulled the rubber band out of her hair, and - I swear to God it was like a golden cascade of glory - started shaking out her hair. It was like it was in friggin slow motion. Nick's eyes widened and he watched her breasts sway like he was watching a tennis match.

"Sweet Jesus," I breathed the words.

Dee suddenly appeared at the door to the bus, a harsh expression on her face. "What the hell are you two chuckleheads doing?" she demanded, glaring specifically at me. I couldn't believe she was still pissed at me because of the whole towel incident. Very uncool. Grudge holding bitch. "Why don't you guys grow up?" she demanded, looking between Rhoda and us.

"I'ma grown up," Nick pouted.

Rhoda smiled.

"Like hell you are," I snapped, shoving him in a faux playful manner.

Nick glared at me.

"Seriously, get the hell back to your own bus," Dee said, rolling her eyes. "You guys have never joined us for our morning jog before. There's no way in hell you're joining us now."

JOG? I looked at Rhoda's barely contained breasts. THOSE are going for a JOG?

"I love jogging," I said before I followed the thought all the way through.

Nick, not wanting to be shown up, stammered, "METOOILOVETOJOG!"

I looked at his stomach. "Really?" I asked.

Nick turned red. "I need to jog," he added sheepishly.

Rhoda laughed, "Its okay, Dee, let the boys come along."

Dee rolled her eyes and muttered, "Like jogging is the reason they want to come..." under her breath and disappeared back onto the bus, defeated.

Rhoda smiled and reached out, laying a hand on each of our shoulders. Her breasts were sooo close to us, I don't think either of us were breathing right.

"We're gonna have a lot of fun," she said.