- Text Size +

Tis the season to be holly and jolly. The house was completely decorated with every bauble and bow the Carter’s owned.   It smelled like cookies and spices. In just a few hours the house would be filled our closest friends and family.

I had all the little ones dressed in their holiday best. The older ones were at least able to get ready on their own. Now I still had to make sure Nick was getting into his finest dress for the party.

I just stepped out of the bathroom wearing my robe. My curls were bouncing as I walked in on Nick in nothing but his Christmas boxers. At that moment I was ready to forget about the party and devour my husband for the rest of the evening. Maybe no one would notice if we didn’t show up.

“Nick, you look good enough to eat.” Quickly he turned around and smiled.

“Thanks. Tonight you can have your way with me. It’s my gift to you.”

“You’re such a kind guy.” I walked over to the closet and slipped off my robe. Nick’s mouth dropped.

“Let’s forget about the party.  I want you now.” He walked over to me and ran his fingers over my breast. I gasped. My breasts were so tender from the pregnancy. Any touch made me quiver.

“As much as I liked that, I don’t think our guest would appreciate at us making love while the kids entertain them.” I giggled.

I stepped away from my sexy husband. I took my black pants off the hanger and put them on. I started to zip them up, but I could only get it halfway up. I tried again and with no luck I couldn’t get it all the way up. I was already gaining weight. I had just lost this weight and now I was getting it back. Life was so unfair.

I took the pants off and threw them across the closest accidentally hitting Nick.

“Why are you throwing your pants at me?” He picked them up.

“I just bought them a week ago and they don’t fit.” I complained. I was frustrated. “I have nothing else to wear to the party.”

“Baby girl, let’s look through the closet. I’m sure you have something else to wear.”

“Everything else is old. I don’t want to wear old clothes. I wanted to look pretty for the party.” I whined. Life was not fair. Guys just didn’t get it. I knew I was being overemotional but I didn’t care.

Nick ignored me as he pushed my clothes around in the closet. I saw him take two hangers and walk over to me.

“Here are two choices. You can wear the black skirt or the red sundress.” I looked at him and then at the choices. I liked the sundress but my boobs would be popping out the whole night. Nick might like that, but my brothers would kill me. I took the skirt from his hand.

“Thanks Nick. I’m sorry I’m an emotional mess. This pregnancy is gotten the best of me.” I inched the skirt on. As soon as I buttoned it, the button popped off. This didn’t fit me either. “I’m too fat. I have nothing to wear. Damn, I’m not going. You can handle the party yourself.  ”

“Ashton, you are the most beautiful woman. I love you. I think you are the sexiest woman I know. I love your body when you are carrying my child. Why don’t you wear a pair of leggings with one of my long sleeve white shirts and a tank top? You’ll look so sexy.”

“You think so?” He walked over and kissed me thoroughly.  I forgot all about my fatness.

------------------------------

The party was in full swing. Everyone was mingling and enjoying themselves. The kids were running around. AJ’s daughter Kohana was running around twirling around in her red ruffled dress. She kept bumping into Liam and they would giggle. Nick was talking to my two oldest brothers.

“You are absolutely glowing.” Nia remarked.

“Thanks.”

“AJ says you’re pregnant again.” Arizona sipped her wine. She looked amazing. Her short blonde hair was cut pixie style. She had an amazing body. I felt like a blimp next to her.

“Yes, Nick has some really strong sperm, apparently. I swear he looks at me, and I get pregnant.” I joked.

“It’s a miracle you have such an active sex life.” Jordan commented rudely.

“Those two love each other so much. I’m sure they have sex everyday.” Nia smiled at me. She and Jordan didn’t really get along.

“Don’t you think they are a little old for that. I’m lucky I have it once a month.”

“Jordan, you probably schedule your sex with Howie.”

“Nia, some of aren’t horn dogs like the Carter’s. We have more to our relationships than sex and getting pregnant.” Jordan walked away.

The rest of us burst into giggles. Jordan was so over dramatic. I felt bad for Howie. He deserved so much better.

“Mommy, I tirsty. Can I have a dwink?” Lucas asked me sweetly.

“Yes, you may have a drink. Let’s go into the kitchen.” He took my hand and away we went.

“What do you want?”

“Gwape juice.”

Nick walked in as I was pouring the juice. “Here let me help you with that. Go enjoy the party.”

I excused myself and let Nick finish taking care of Lucas.

“Hey Jer! How are you?” I asked my oldest brother.

“I’m doing ok. Just missing the girls.”

“I wish they could have come.”

“Me, too. Steph didn’t want them traveling over the weekend and missing a day of school.”

Out of the corner of my eye, I watched Lucas come in with a tall glass of grape juice. What was Nick thinking? Why didn’t he give him a sippy cup? Lucas teetered slowly as he tried to hold the glass. He didn’t see Howie’s foot and suddenly he tripped. Purple juice flew everywhere. The majority of it landed on Jordan’s white cashmere sweater dress. She looked horrified.

“What the fuck. You little shithead. You purpose spilled your juice on me. This is why I hate kids.” She screeched. Lucas lip started to quiver and tears started falling from his eyes.

“I…I…sowwy. I…I…twi…twipped.” I ran over to my son and picked him up.

“It was an accident, sweetie. It’s ok.” I rubbed his back.

“It’s not okay. This dress cost a fortune. This juice won’t come out. It’s ruined. Your fucking little brat wasn’t even paying attention.” Jordan screamed at me.

“Don’t you ever call my son a brat! He’s three years old and he tripped. I’ll pay for your damn dress.”

“I think you need to leave.” Howie stepped between us. “Your behavior is repulsive. I want you gone.”

“YOU DON’T MEAN THAT?” She looked at her husband in shock.

“I do. I want you out of my life.” He whispered. “We’re done.”

Everyone was watching the scene before them. It was painful to watch.

“Fine. You’ll regret this Howard.” She grabbed her purse and stomped out of the house.

“Howie, I’m sorry. It was an accident.” I apologized.

“I sowwy.” Lucas lifted his tearstained face.

“You did nothing wrong. It was an accident.” He gave Lucas a hug. “I’m going to go down to Nick’s studio. I need to be alone for a few minutes.”

Howie walked away. So far the party was not going how I expected. I guess life was anything but normal in the Carter house.