- Text Size +

Nick walked into the bathroom as I was hugging the toilet. It seemed like I had been there for hours. The queasiness hadn’t stopped yet. I wanted to die or somehow be put out of my misery.

“Baby girl, how long have you been in here? Are you okay?” Nick sat beside me and rubbed my back.

“I feel like death. I haven’t felt this nauseous since….” I sat up and gave my husband the evil eye. “Oh fuck no...I was pregnant.”

“Are you sure it’s not the flu or food poisoning?” He suggested lightly.

“Get the hell away from me.” I quickly stood up and went into our bedroom. Nick followed me.

“Ashton, you need to calm down.”

“Just stay away from me. I can’t stand you at the moment. I don’t want to stay calm. You’re a dead man, if I am fucking pregnant again.” I threw my hairbrush at him and left the room.

How did this happen? Well, I know how it happened. I needed to stay far away from my husband. I swear I got pregnant just by looking at him. Don’t get me wrong. I loved being a mom, but I spent almost my whole marriage pregnant. Why couldn’t Nick have the babies?

I was acting totally irrational. I admit it. Hell, I didn’t even know if I was actually pregnant. My sixth sense told me I was. Just call me fertile Myrtle. No wonder Jackson hated me. I totally got it now.

I walked into the nursery. Rory was sitting in her crib cooing to herself. She looked at me and started clapping her hands. I picked her up and placed kisses all over her face.

“Baby girl, go back to bed. I’ll take care of the kids this morning.”  He said as he entered the nursery.

“Nick, you can’t keep doing everything for me. I’m not incompetent.” I was mad at him. Everything was his fault.

“I know that. I’m trying to make things easier.” He took Rory from me and started changing her diaper.

“Now I feel like a slacker.”

“You’re not a slacker. I’m trying to be helpful.”

“Fine, Nick. What time do you need to be at work?”

“Baby girl, I’m taking the day off. I’ll drive Aiden to school and take the triplets to story hour. You just rest and relax.”

“Fine. I’m going to take a pregnancy test while you’re gone. If it’s positive you might not want to come home.” I left the room. Nick just laughed.

-------------

“Dad, where mommy?” Lucas asked as he drank his milk.

“Mommy isn’t feeling well.”

“What wrong with her?” Liam put his toast on Jackson’s plate.

“Her belly feels yucky.”

“She’s probably preggo again.” Jackson said under his breath and rolled his eyes.

Nick decided to ignore his oldest son’s comment. He really didn’t want to have a discussion with him before school. Logan tugged on Nick’s arm.

“What you want Lo Lo?”

She pointed to Nick’s lap and smiled. He picked her up. Then she grabbed a piece of apple off of Jackson’s plate.

“You hungry little mouse?” Jackson tickled his little sister’s side. She looked at him and hid her face in Nick’s chest.

“Finish up Jacks. Where’s your sister? You’re going to be late.”

“I’m right here daddy. Is it okay is Kolby comes over after school?  We have a project to do for youth group.”

“That’s fine. You two better get going.”

----------------

Nick tiptoed into the master bedroom. He did not want to disturb his wife. He noticed she wasn’t in bed. Nick decided to look in the bathroom. Slowly he opened the door. The next thing he knew he was getting hit in the head with a pregnancy test.

“I told you not to come back here if I was pregnant, but being the stupid asshole you are you came back.”

“Aww baby girl.” He sat on the side of the tub.

“Don’t baby girl me. I can’t believe you got me pregnant again.” I buried my head between my legs and sighed loudly. I just wanted to scream.

“You know you’re excited. I’m excited.” Nick rubbed my back.

“I’m excited, elated, overjoyed, enthusiastic, and jumping for joy. Just wait for the back flips; they will be coming any minute.” I said dully. Nick looked at me quizzically.

“I know you are stressed at the moment. Jackson’s graduating this year. He’s all grown up. Rachel’s turning into a woman. You’re worried about Lo Lo and busy with the rest of the crew. I know it’s hard. Ashton you are the best mother in the world. If anyone can handle another kid in the mix, it’s us. It’s just one more baby to love.”

Nick put things into perspective for me. He was right. We were just going to have one more baby to love.

“I don’t admit this very often, but you’re right. After this one, we’re done making babies. We don’t want Jackson having a coronary.” I joked.

“I love you, but your mood swings this time are terrible.” Nick picked me up and carried me over to the bed.

“I can’t help it. You got me this way, so you my dear are just going to have to deal with it.” I teased.

“Really now?” He kissed me slowly. His hands moved to my stomach and rubbing it gently, causing me to moan.

“Where are the little ones?” I asked as nibbled on his neck.

“Brian’s daughters Karah and Tarah are babysitting for the afternoon. I thought we needed some alone time.” He growled in my ear.

Nick lifted up my shirt and placed tiny butterfly kisses all over my stomach.

“I love kissing your pregnant belly.” His hands moved to my breasts and he hovered over my face

“I’m not even showing yet.” I smiled.

“You will soon. Make love to me.”

Nick and I didn’t need to talk anymore. We were going to use our bodies to show how much we loved each other. Being with Nick, I knew everything would be okay.