- Text Size +
After another long day of endless business meetings, I finally arrive home to the sweet smell of homemade food and the lovely sound of my seven year old son running around the house. My life was pretty much going smoothly the way I planned it.

I was a father, a husband, a well known artist and I managed to keep on doing what I loved by playing small roles in independent movies and plays. My wife was also an actor but since our son was born she took the main role as a mother and a housewife.

After being a Backstreet Boy for thirteen years, money was definitely not an issue in my life. I had a good house, cars, I would have romantic getaways with my wife whenever I wanted to, like the time we flew to Paris to celebrate our 10th wedding anniversary.

Every other time I would walk around the house not really knowing what to do next and I'd always end up thinking back on the years as a BSB and I would catch myself missing the craziness that came along with it. I'd just shake those thoughts off and go back to my peaceful life with my family.

It was a hot day in California, I was by the pool reading a book when the phone rang. My wife came from the living room to the backyard, she had the phone and was laughing through the conversation “It's your cousin Brian” she gave me the phone, smiled and went back into the house where Mason was having a play date.

I put my book away and stared at the phone hesitating for a second, I took a deep breath “Hey Brian...what's the especial occasion?” I let out a small laugh through my breath when Brian answered with one of his smart ass comments “So, what's up with you now? How are the guys doing?” I prepared myself to listen to exclusive information on the Backstreet Boys.

“We're all good, we're only three concerts away from finishing the US and the last leg of our world tour. How about yourself?” I was going to start off describing my not so exciting day when Brian cut me off “Wait wait, lemme take a guess! It's a hot day in California and you're by the pool reading a book. Huh?huh?”

I looked around and realized that Brian was indeed right – shit – I thought to myself as he continued “Look Kevin, me and the guys are taking a couple of months' break and then we're heading to the studio to record our new album” Brian finished and waited for a reply that never came. “Kevin, it's our 20th anniversary album. It's going to be our last studio album and we want you in it” he said bluntly and I let out a heavy breath I didn't know I was holding.

A few moments later Kristin came out again and looked right into my eyes as if she could read through them “You are going back, aren't you?” She said and kissed my lips softly as if approving my decision.

That was nine months ago. Today I was home after our media and promotion meeting holding a spreadsheet with numbers and information on the upcoming promotional tour we would be doing in two weeks from now.

My name is Kevin Richardson and I'm a Backstreet Boy. Again.
Chapter End Notes:
Ok kids, this is where the story begins, now be easy on me as this is my first time EVER writing a BSB fic for the world to see and please note that English is not my first language but I'm putting my well spent time in the US to work :-P any reviews are welcome, good or bad.

A huge shout out to my lovely TDS peeps that I know will be here helping me out ;-)