- Text Size +
We were scheduled to play a few small venues in the East Coast, then we'd go to the West Coast and then back to New York to release the album, after that we would start our world tour in Europe.

The venue in Sunbury was small and so was the stage set up. It was more of a pocket concert for a little more than a thousand people among fans and local press.

We were all very excited, Brian was jumping on Nick's back, Howie and AJ were trying to assure me it would be fine, I was really excited and a little bit nervous, it had been years since I took the stage as a BSB.

But I was feeling good. I was exactly where I was supposed to be, I belonged here. Brian finally called everybody to join in the circle for our prayer. I smiled, feeling like I was 25 years old again. I missed that feeling.

As we were giving each other's hand to hold, I see Leighanne moving her head towards snappy girl, calling her to join us. I couldn't believe it, was she kidding me?? Snappy girl went pale, I silently wished she'd say no, but Brian grabbed her hand and shoved her between him and Leighanne, the three of them laughing.

I don't want to be a pain the ass, but the guys know how cautious I've always been when it comes to the press, I mean after all the shit they would write about us, it just didn't seem right to let this girl come into our private moments like that, Lord knows what went through her mind...

I closed my eyes and focused on Brian's words, he has always given the best prayers ever. Not only because he was a Christian, but because he actually meant every word. After he was done, I had my eyes filled with tears and Brian hugged me tightly “This is it cuz, thank you for being here with us” we broke apart and I went to hug the other guys. When I was done doing that I turned around and Snappy girl was right behind me, feeling a little out of place.

I was about to leave when our eyes met. I couldn't help but notice how her light brown eyes were gorgeous and misty. I felt myself softening a little when she offered me her hand to shake “Have a great show and thank you for having me here, I really appreciate it” she opened her big, bright smile, the same smile she had after listening to my answer on the press conference.

I didn't say a word, I was caught up in my thoughts when she let go of my hand and left.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

We finally took the stage and I felt my heart pumping blood to every part of my body. I felt alive, I don't remember feeling like that in a long freaking time. We were doing pretty good for a first and new concert. As it always happens on first concerts we messed up a few of the new lyrics, forgot a few of the older stuff and, even though we didn't have much dancing, we managed to mess up the very few we had.

The guys weren't very worried about that, I wasn't either but you know...I don't like messing up my own thing. I knew I was going to talk to them about it.

During the concert I'd look around just to see snappy girl singing and dancing to all of our songs, I then realized she was also a fan. Isn't that perfect? Not.

When the concert was over, I felt my body tired but my mind was racing. We took a quick shower backstage and went to a small gathering behind the venue set up by our manager and crew members. Of course the guy from MTV was there, Nancy was there with the camera man and snappy girl was having too much fun.

Sometimes I wonder if she's really working or just taking a very good vacations paid by the Rolling Stone mag. I'd hardly seen her with a camera, a recorder or anything like that. I worried about what she had planned to write about her time here.

I knew that if I mentioned this to the guys, they would go postal on me, but I was sure I'd be the one going 'I told you so' on them.

We wouldn't leave Sunbury until later on, so the guys decided to go to a bar nearby. As usual I politely declined the offer and went to my bus where Greg, our manager, was getting ready to leave. I sat in the small table on the bus and Greg threw a bunch of magazines in front of me “Here, have some fun” he laughed and left.

I looked at all those mags, some of them had our faces on the cover, then I saw the new edition of RS magazine. I looked through it trying to find anything on snappy girl when a headline caught my attention: On The Road With...The Backstreet Boys.

There it was, a whole page dedicated to her column. Of course she wrote the piece before she left NY as it was a profile introducing herself to her future readers. As I read the piece, I realized this girl knew what she was talking about and I was amused when she briefly described her around the world trip by herself and her honest love for the Backstreet Boys.

“...You don't know what being a Backstreet Boys fan means until you become one. As they say their good-byes to millions of followers, I suggest you taking this opportunity to know their history and accept them in your future. You won't regret it.”

That's how she ended her piece after 're-introducing' us to her readers. I let a heavy sigh through my breath.

Maybe Aline wasn't evil after all. Maybe.

I finally went to bed and a few hours after that, I heard the bus' engines roaring for life and heading to our next stop, Philadelphia.