- Text Size +
Chapter Thirty Nine

"How's your ear?"

"It looked worse than it was," I said. I grabbed a fry, rolled it in a bunch of salt stuck to the edge of the plate and popped it into my mouth. "It'll be fine."

Hailey nodded. She had a grilled chicken wrap with a side of cucumbers. She picked up a cucumber, dunked it into a small cup of ranch dressing, and tossed it into her mouth.

"It's late," I said. "You really don't have to stay with me."

She shrugged as she continued to chew. "It's no big deal," she said once she swallowed. She took a sip of water. She cleared her throat. She looked at me.

"Lan," she said. The nervousness had creeped back into her voice. "I have a confession to make."

I picked up another fry and did the same salt-roll. "A confession?"

She picked up another cucumber slice, but she didn't dunk it. She just seemed to hold onto it for dexterity. "Toni and I broke up because of you," she said quietly.

I tossed the fry into my mouth and took a sip of my cola. My eyebrow arched. "Because of me? What did I do now?"

"You didn't do anything. It's just..." she trailed off. She put the cucumber down and her hands disappeared. I imagined she was rubbing them on her jeans. She leaned forward and puffed out her cheeks. "I'm attracted to you."

I was glad I didn't have any food in my mouth; I would have choked. "What did you say?" I asked. "I think the gauze is affecting my hearing."

Hailey's hands reappeared. She pressed them palms down on the table. "I said I'm attracted to you."

My lips curved into a smile. "You can't be. You're a lesbian."

"I'm pretty sure I don't know what I am."

"But you--"

Hailey's nose crinkled in frustration. "Teenagers get confused. When I met Toni and she started to come on to me, I just kinda went with it. And it worked. Until--"

"Oh my God, did I de-lesbian you?" I asked loudly. The few guys remaining in the dinner did a total head swivel in our direction. Hailey scooted down in the booth.

"You can't de-lesbian someone," she whispered. "I'm not one."

"So you're like Micah?"

"Do I have to categorize myself? Does the fact that I said I'm fucking attracted to you mean anything?"

I was speechless. I watched her chest heave, her eyes locked onto me. Her face was flushed.

"How long have you been attracted to me?" I asked.

"Since the night I kissed you at the party."

"Really? But you helped me--"

"I know. And I never should have. I should have taken you downstairs myself and--"

She trailed off. My thoughts rewound back to that night. Brenna and me. On the pool table. I suddenly visualized Hailey's legs straddling my waist instead. A tsunami of heat flooded south.

"Landon?"

"Tell me what you want to do to me," I said huskily. Her eyes widened. I watched her thumb run up and down her glass, picking up the sweat beads from the water.

"I want to get a motel room and I want to strip you down the second the door closes," she said, her voice barely a whisper. "I want to feel your hands on my breasts and your lips on my neck. I want to run my tongue down your body. I...want to make you forget all about her."

A moan rose in my throat. It hurt to swallow. My Adam's apple bobbed at the same time that any baggage room in my jeans disappeared. Horniness battled with reason.

"This might end up just a rebound," I said thickly. Hailey noticeable sucked in a breath.

"It would be for both of us."

"These types of things usually end badly."

Suddenly, Hailey's foot found my lap. Reason dumped out of my head. "Landon, I want sex. Do you want sex?"

"Y-yes," I stammered. I cleared my throat. I wasn't about to be the pussy again. I reached down, grabbed her foot, and rubbed it against my erection, all without taking my eyes off her. The desire in my voice almost made it unrecognizable even to myself. "I wanna fuck you senseless." That was all it took. It began with a smoldering kiss across the table. It came to a pause when the waitress put down the check. Hailey's hand fell into my back jeans pocket; the sexual tension built as we paid the check and found a motel nearby.

The need came to a boiling point the moment the door to our room closed behind us. I pulled her towards me, my hands pressing into her slender waist. Her lips sought mine again; her mouth opened willingly to my tongue. A soft moan rose from her throat as I crushed her against my body. Her hands grabbed fistfuls of my shirt as she melted into me. I took the invitation and scooped her up in my arms. She pulled her lips from mine and pressed her face into my neck. I heard her inhale deeply.

"This is all I've been thinking about for weeks," she whispered.

She stroked my ego in all the right ways. I carried her across the room and slid her down on the bed. Her jean-clad legs spread as I wormed my way along her body. She lifted her arms slowly above her head; her shirt lifted revealing a smooth expanse of stomach. Before she could react, I ran my tongue around her navel, nipping at the skin. My hands took hold of the cotton t-shirt and pulled it up, revealing perfectly rounded breasts hidden beneath a dark black bra.

I suddenly couldn't undress her fast enough. I lifted her to me as I removed her t-shirt. I got lost for several minutes in licked up and down her body, loving the way she wiggled in delight. When her moans became too much for me to bear, I sat back so I could pull off her jeans. As I did, Hailey sat up and reached for hungrily for my zipper. I paused, momentarily distracted by her motions and the startling fact that she had been going commando under the heavy denim. My shoulders rippled in anticipation as she stared up at me under heavily lidded eyes, her mouth parted slightly. Her hand stroked me through my boxers. My heart pounded against my ribcage as I unclasped her bra and tossed it down to the floor. Just as I grabbed a handful of bare breast, I felt her tongue slide along me. As my hands circled around to run along her flawless back, her warm breath covered me as she plunged down, taking me deep.

"Hay," I breathed, watching her head bob and feeling the pressure of her lips and the flick of her tongue. Every thought emptied from my mind but Hailey. As her movements brought me as close to the edge as I dared, I pulled away, grabbed her legs, and watched her head and shoulders fall back into the mattress. Her hips lifted eagerly as I pressed my mouth against her warm neck. Her breasts crushed into my chest and her breathing increased as my teeth grazed the sensitive skin under her ear.

"I want you so bad," I whispered.

"Then give it to me," she replied thickly.

I worked my kisses to her throat and then up to her lips. I wasn't going to be able to play the game of cat and mouse much longer. My eyes bore into hers. I lifted my hand and trailed the back of it gently across her cheek as I entered her. Our lips met against quickly, her tongue ran along my teeth and then deeper still. Upon coming up for breath, I pounded into her faster and faster. Her mouth opened, her hands fell from my body. They dug into the comforter. I lowered my head, taking a nipple into my mouth. The quaking of her muscles told me she was close. And so was I.

In the back of my mind, I think I realized that Hailey and I weren't near as explosive together as Brenna and I were. But, I guess my heart was already moving me past that. Hailey was giving me the reins I needed. She didn't know it yet; but those reins were going to make this first time just one of many.

The night was far from over.