- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
This chapter contains a sex scene, just letting you know!

Chapter 14

We walked back into the party, his hand gripping mine tightly, and I felt my friend’s eyes on me immediately. Shit, what the hell am I going to tell them?

“I’ll just go and get us some drinks” he said “I’ll be right back”

He let go of my hand and strode over towards the bar, turning to look back at me with a sexy smile before he vanished into the swell of people.

“Oh my god Rowena!” said Kayla “please tell me I’m seeing things. You were not just smooching with Nick Carter were you?”

“Er…yes” I replied, my face flushing a slight shade of red.

“But Row…he’s an asshole, he treats you like shit and you hate him” she explained, then her eyes narrowed “how much have you had to drink? Has he tried to take advantage of you?”

“Girls” I said in a calm voice “no, he hasn’t tried to take advantage of me and I’m not drunk. Let me explain”

“Spill it” Carly said and looked at me expectantly.

“OK” I sighed “here goes. Yes, Nick can be a complete asshole at times, but underneath it all, he’s a lovely person...”

“And this is something you discovered just tonight?” Carly butted in.

“Er…no…” I began.

“What! You mean something happened before tonight?” Kayla shook her head, hardly able to believe her ears.

“Actually, we’ve kind of had a thing going on for a little while” I said and bit on my bottom lip guiltily “please don’t be mad at me for not saying anything. We didn’t know how we felt about each other until tonight, but I think I love him”

“Rowena, are you sure about him though? I don’t want to see you get hurt. You should know better than anyone what he’s like, what his reputation with women is like. He treats them all like shit!” Kayla exclaimed.

“I know, but this time it’s different” I said.

“Well, I hope so, because if he treats you bad, then he’ll have us to deal with, boss or not” Carly said and Kayla nodded in agreement.

“Thanks girls, but I really think this could be something special” I said with a huge grin on my face.

At that moment, Nick came back carrying two drinks, he handed one to me and smiled and said hello to my friends, who in turn said hello back. I could tell they were thinking about what I’d told them, they were no doubt thinking I was crazy to get involved with the man we all liked to hate. I just hoped he would prove them wrong. They quickly left us alone, telling me they’d speak to me later.

“So, I guessing they aren’t too pleased about us” he said.

“You could say that” I admitted “but they’ll get used it”

“Come on, I don’t think we had a chance to dance properly earlier, and I really want to dance with you” he looked at me with those piercing eyes and I was under his spell once more. My heart started to flutter at the thought of being held close to his body again. He took my hand and led me to the dance floor, then pulled me close to him, until our bodies couldn’t really get any closer without it looking obscene. We swayed to the music, completely oblivious to everyone around us.

At the end of the night, Nick insisted on getting a taxi with me to make sure I got home alright, which was very gentlemanly of him. I wondered if I’d ever get used to this new side of him. I also wondered if this meant the end of rough sex and dirty talk which I loved. I hoped not. We were both pretty silent on the way home, I wondered whether I should invite him in, or would that be too much? In no time at all, we were pulling up outside my place.

“Well, here we are” I said, not really wanting to say goodbye just yet, but not sure whether to invite him in either.

“Yes” he said in a deep husky voice “here we are. I think I’d better see you to your door”

“Hmm” I agreed “I think you’d better”.

We couldn’t get out of the taxi quick enough, Nick threw some money at the driver and told him to keep the change, then he grabbed me and started kissing me passionately right there in front of my apartment building.

“Come on, let’s go inside” I said, breaking away from the kiss first. We got inside the apartment and as soon as the door was closed, we were kissing; he’d backed me up against the front door and was pressing his body forcefully against mine.

“Oh god” he said breathlessly “you don’t know what you do to me”

I reached down and began to stroke the bulge in his trousers and murmured that I knew exactly what I wanted to do to him. He undid the back of my dress and moved away from me slightly so that the dress fell down and exposed my bare breasts.

“So fucking beautiful” he muttered and brought his mouth down onto my left breast, sucking and flicking his tongue over my hardened nipple. I arched my back, wanting more and more of him, then began to undo the buttons of his shirt so that I could feel his body against mine. I slid the shirt down his arms and then dropped to my knees and began undoing his trousers, springing his manhood free.

“Oh fuck” he moaned when I took him in my mouth and began moving up and down his shaft, licking and sucking gently “fuck yeah”.

I gripped his hips and he twisted one hand in my hair whilst the other hand rested against the wall, his hips began to rock back and forth.

“Fuck…Row…please…don’t stop” he groaned as he pulled my hair tighter and then shuddered with his release. I swallowed every last drop.

He pulled me up and kissed me aggressively, then ran his hands up my body and pulled my dress over my head, throwing it to the floor in a heap with his clothes.

“My turn now” he said huskily and lifted me up so that I had no choice but to wrap my legs around his waist and my arms around his neck “now, which way to the bedroom?”