- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Sorry if this chapter is a little repetitive, but I wanted to add Nick's POV.

Chapter 5

Nick’s POV

The tease! Every day she came into the office wearing something which showed off her sexy curves and that Friday was no exception. Had she been sent to deliberately torture me? It seemed that way.

Even though I knew I could be a bit of an arrogant asshole at times, it didn’t usually stop the women from practically falling at my feet. Ever since my divorce, I hadn’t found myself lacking in female company and had had my fair share of one nighters (which was all I wanted). In fact, I was 100% sure I could have my pick from the office, not that I would ever do that though, I’d never believed in mixing business with pleasure. But the fact that Rowena didn’t seem to find me attractive or try to flirt with me in any way…well, it just made me want her more. Not that I’d ever do anything about it. I had my set of rules to live by, which included no fucking the staff.

But when she came into the office wearing that short black skirt and that little almost see through blouse, with her reddish brown hair tumbling around her shoulders, I instantly felt myself growing hard and had to slam my office door (an indication to stay out) and think of non-sexual things, like that email I had to finish writing.

What the fuck was wrong with me? What was it about Rowena Bloom that made me feel like a fifteen year old schoolboy who‘d just discovered porn? Could it be the way she tempted me with the sway of her hips as she walked to her desk, her teasing little skirts, her glossy mane of hair and her beautiful smile?

She was a fucking witch sent to ruin me.

I avoided her as much as possible and when I did have to make conversation, I was a complete asshole. But I couldn’t help it. I hated her for what she was doing to me. No woman was going to penetrate the wall I’d built around myself.

Then when I called her into my office at the end of the day and she spilt that coffee, well, I felt my resolve slipping. Seeing her bent over wiping up the spillage, I couldn’t help but glance down her top. Fuck me; I’d give anything for just a touch. I mentally slapped myself for being so weak, but then she began rubbing my trousers and that was it. I forcefully grabbed her wrist and told her to leave it, for fucks sake, I was hard as rock and I didn’t want her seeing me in this weakened state. I didn’t want her to know she had this power over my body.

I stared hatefully into her eyes, but also felt a jolt of lust course through me. Had she felt it too? She wasn’t trying to pull away from my firm grip, and before I knew it, I was kissing her. I brought my mouth down hard onto hers and savoured the taste of her. Fuck; I wanted more, so much more. She responded to my kiss just as aggressively, she obviously liked this just as much as me, she had to be, she wasn’t pushing me away.

I backed her up against my desk, clearing some paperwork out of the way. I told her I wanted her, and I meant it, I wanted to fuck her into next week. That’s how desperate for this woman I was. It was all I ever seemed to think about and I thought that if I could fuck her just once, get it out of my system, that I’d be cured of this unhealthy obsession.

I ran my hand up her skirt and nearly went crazy when I reached her little lacy knickers. But then the phone rang and I suddenly came to my senses. What on earth had I been thinking? This was my office and anyone could’ve walked in. The phone call was important, too important to be distracted by girls in lacy underwear, so I quickly dismissed her and got down to business. I was back in control of my life once again, just how I should be.

That night, I dreamt of her, I was banging her over my desk and she was begging me for more. I woke up and had to take an ice cold shower to cool off. I hated her for the way she was making me feel, the way she was invading even my dreams now.

To make matters worse, I saw her out with her friends in that new club on the Saturday night. She looked drop dead gorgeous and completely unavailable to me. I watched her from across the bar, she couldn’t see me, but I watched her every move and saw all those leeches trying to get her attention. Thank fuck she didn’t seem interested.

Why am I even getting angry and jealous, I hate the woman, she hates me too.

Some skanky little whore tried to get my interest by grinding her skinny little ass into my crotch, but I wasn’t even the slightest bit tempted. I told her I had a girlfriend to get rid of her and that worked. Then I caught Rowena glaring at me, so I gave her a hateful look and turned away. I wasn’t proud of myself for that, but felt it was better that way.

Hopefully, Monday would be business as usual.

Chapter End Notes:
Back to Rowena next! Thanks for reading :)