- Text Size +

Chapter 6

Rowena’s POV

Monday morning arrived all too quickly and I dressed carefully, wanting to show Nick Carter my figure to its full advantage and let him know that it was something he would never touch again…ever. That would teach him for not even acknowledging me in that club on Saturday night. How very dare he look away without as much as a smile or a hello. Was I really that beneath him?

So, wearing one of my new designer outfits (which by the way I‘d got a huge discount on), complete with killer heels, I surveyed myself in the mirror and nodded my head in appreciation before leaving for work. It’s not that I was vain or anything, but I knew I’d turn a couple of heads in these clothes.

I had a few admiring looks as I walked in to Templar House that morning, and I smiled to myself. I got into the elevator and noticed that he was in there also. Great, just what I need first thing in the morning! He didn’t meet my gaze and I quickly looked away, like he wasn’t even there. I wasn’t going to give him the satisfaction of blanking me again.

“Hold the elevator” called out one of the guys who worked on the floor above and he came charging in, knocking me back so that I was pushed into Mr Carter.

“I’m so sorry” said the guy, whose name I couldn’t recollect.

“It’s OK” I replied.

Suddenly an idea came to my mind and I had to hold the evil cackle in that was dying to come out of me. As I was already up close to him now, and could feel his body against mine, I decided to play on it. I dropped my bag, and slowly bent down to pick it up, pushing myself further into him as I did so. I felt him harden as my body made contact with his before picking up my bag and slowly straightening back up again.

“Clumsy me” I said sweetly and the doors pinged open on our floor. I casually walked out and left him there, his arousal so obvious that he’d have to stay in the dimly lit elevator for a minute or two before he could show his face in the office. I gave him a quick smirk before the elevator doors closed and then hurried to my desk, wondering what the rest of the day had in store for me.

Nick walked in a few minutes later and went straight to his office, slamming the door after him.

“Someone got out of bed on the wrong side” whispered Jess, one of the other girls in the office and we giggled as quietly as we could.

Just then, my desk phone rang, so I slid my chair back over to answer it.

“When you are quite finished gossiping, I’d like to see you in my office” barked Nick.

“Yes Mr Carter, right away. Would you like a coffee?” I asked brightly.

“Yes, and be careful not to spill it all over me today” he replied gruffly and hung up the phone.

I made his coffee and walked over to his office, knocking before entering and then walking in.

“I’d like this report done by lunch time” he said sliding a folder over towards me.

“Yes Mr Carter” I replied, as polite as can be, acting like nothing had gone on between the pair of us in this very office only a few days ago…or in the club or the elevator.

“And then can you set up a meeting for tomorrow morning with Howie Dorough, get my dry cleaning, re-type this…” he carried on with a whole list of things for me to do which would obviously take up all day.

I walked out of his office, swinging my hips slightly as I did so and got on with my work. The day passed by quickly, as I was completely snowed under with work and I was beginning to wonder if I’d have an opportunity for any further revenge. I also wondered if he’d try to pay me back for the little elevator thing I’d pulled this morning. But then I supposed he had paid me back, he’d given me enough work to ensure that I had to work through lunch again.

By late afternoon, I was starving and really needed a cup of coffee, so I headed over to the small kitchen which was tucked away down the corridor. As I bent down to get the milk out of the fridge, I felt someone behind me and froze. I instantly knew it was him, I could tell by the delicious smell of him.

“Enjoyed yourself this morning in the elevator?” he whispered “now it’s my turn you little cock tease”.

I stood back up, my back to him, trying to act like he wasn’t there. I was not going to let him get to me again. No fucking way.

Next thing I knew, I felt his breath, warm against my skin and then the feel of his full sensuous lips as they trailed kisses down my neck. “Fuck” I groaned as my body betrayed me once again and began to respond to his touch, I was on fire for this man and wanted nothing more than to feel his body, naked against mine.

Then, calm as can be, he stopped what he was doing, turned and walked out, leaving me frustrated as can be. Asshole.

I adjusted my clothes and took a few deep breaths to bring my breathing back to normal and then carried on what I’d been doing before his presence.

I walked back to my desk and noticed that he’d left his office door open, as I passed; I saw him smirking and instantly knew I’d have to do something to get back at him.

Hmm, I wonder if this will get his attention.

“It’s so hot today; does anyone want an ice cream from the shop?” I asked around the office and then grabbed my purse and headed out the door. I returned a few minutes later with various lollies and ice creams for my colleagues, and then I sat down at my desk with a Twister ice lolly and began licking it up and down and swirling my tongue around the top, right there in Nick’s full view. His eyes went wide and he licked his lips, so I carried on savouring my lolly and ignored him. He got up from his chair and slammed his office door closed and I smiled to myself, I’d obviously got to him. I didn’t see him the rest of the afternoon and managed to leave on time that day.

Chapter End Notes:
Hope you enjoyed!