- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Hope you all enjoy this update, I'm so sorry that it took a long time but I promise not to neglect this much anymore. Enjoy the update! :D
Chapter 4

"Get the pack set up Alex!" Brandy shouted as they parked in the middle of the highway. The twister was bearing down on them and her hair had come undone, her blonde bangs in her face. Alex hopped out and began pushing the buttons on the instrument pack rapidly but the tornado was closing in.

"Fuck....fuck...its coming! RUN!" he cursed. Brandy raced towards the pack but Alex grabbed her and practically threw her into the truck while she cursed him out. They raced down a dirt ditch, muddy water hitting the windows.

"Go back!!!" she screamed. The roar of the wind behind Alex's truck drowned her out as hail pelted the windshield.

"God damn it, I can't get out, it's too steep!" Alex muttered. Brandy was fretting over the lost pack and they heard Nick's voice over the radio.

"I lost visual, where did you guys go?" he asked, the CB crackling. Brandy didn't answer, she just scowled at Alex. Watching in the back, she saw the tornado split into two.

"We have sisters!" she said excitedly. The twin twisters came closer to the truck and Alex realized that they could no longer outrun them. He slammed his foot on the brake pedal and stopped as the tornadoes came at them.

"Oh, shit!" Brandy shouted when the wind howled around their small truck, spinning it but not picking it up. Alex and Brandy held onto anything that they could as the funnels seemed to dance around the truck in unison. They finally dissipated moments later and Nick's van pulled up, he ran over, fear in his eyes.
"Wow, did you see that?!" Alex exclaimed, climbing out of his side of the truck. Brandy was grinning broadly and she hugged him, the two of them excited.

"Yeah, it was amazing!" she exclaimed, and before she could say anymore she found herself kissing Alex....caught up in the moment. She wrapped her long arms around his neck as he returned the kiss, his lips pressed against hers.

"Wow...I feel like I need to put another quarter in the machine to view some of that." Nick commented, his eyes wide and a grin across his face. Brandy's face turned red and she stormed back to the truck, embarrassed but hiding the fact she was smiling.

"So....Alex McLean...you have succeeded in kissing Brandy Johnson...what are you going to do now?" Nick said, holding his hand as if there were a microphone attatched.

"I'm going to kick your ass if you don't shut up." Alex replied with a smirk.
"Whoa, whoa....okay...easy." Nick said, backing away with his hands in front of him. Alex wasn't sure what to think....Brandy had kissed him first. He had sensed a connection between the two of them and felt accomplished now that he had broken down part of the wall she constantly put around herself.

"So...." Alex said once the two of them were inside the truck again, neither of them moving.

"There's nothing to say." Brandy said coldly, not meeting his gaze. Alex was annoyed that once again she was in denial of what happened.

"You kissed me..."

"Listen. I'm here to do my goddamn job. This is not Saturday night at the frat house. I was caught up in the moment, that's it....so I suggest we drop this conversation and figure out what we will do since there are only two packs left." Brandy snapped coldly. Put off by this sudden outburst, Alex just looked away from her at the rain falling against his window.

"Sorry. I didn't mean to yell. I'm not sure what to think right now, ya know? It felt good....too good." Brandy said finally.

"Look, I understand if you want nothing to do with me, but you're making things pretty fucking confusing." Alex replied. Brandy didn't say anything else and just sighed. Alex's head was swimming....so many emotions flowing through him and he didn't know what else to do, but he leaned over and kissed her again. Brandy didn't resist...she deepened her exchange. He ran his hand through her hair and they intensified as the thunder boomed outside. Maybe this was meant to happen after all.
Chapter End Notes:
I am not sure how this story will play out now after this chapter, but if anybody has any suggestions feel free!