- Text Size +

 

 

“Do you know how lucky you are?” My mom asked me, before I was getting ready for my big interview. 

 

“Yes mom” I said, taking a sip from my fresh coffee “But please, don’t remind me in every five minutes, I’m already nervous.” I added.

 

“Sorry hun, I’m just happy for you.” She smiled genuinely.

 

“Thanks mum.” I smiled back at her.

 

“So what are you going to wear?” She asked.

 

“See, now you are talking; I need your red Chanel coat.” I replied with a giggle.

 

“Abby, since when did you start interest in my closet?” 

 

“Since I learned that, I have an interview with Shady Records.” I said, winking at her.

 

“Tell Melissa what you are looking for, she will give it to you, darling.” And with that said, I got up from the table.

 

About 30 minutes later, I was ready. I wore some black skinny jeans with a white collar shirt. It wasn’t too professional, yet it looked semi formal or so that's what I thought. 

After I checked myself in the mirror for the last 50th time, I got out from my room , kissed my dad on the cheek, whom seem really busy talking on the phone, and left the house... 

 

 

Fifteen minutes later, I was in front of the building. Thankfully, I found a parking spot without any signs. 

 

“Hi, my name is Abigail Daniels, I’m here to see Mr. Matters” I said to the receptionist. 

 

“Oh, Ms.  Daniels; unfortunately, Mr. Matters is out of town for business. You will  see his manager, Mr. Rosenberg.” The secretary replied. 

 

Couple of minutes later, I was in Paul Rosenberg’s office, chatting about the weather. 

 

“So tell me Abby, are you willing to live under pressure?” He asked out of sudden.

 

“Depends on the pressure” I replied.

 

“Well, I’m guessing you had already heard the stories about him and how he can be. Let me tell you something, when it comes to work, he is a perfectionist, but what we require for this job is more than being perfect, you need to be with him, whenever and however he wants. You need to be open for late night calls, you need to able to travel all around the world, not just in the country. You need to handle him in every way possibly. If you noticed, despite the rumors, Marshall is never been on the news nor the media since day one, other than his work, or his law cases.  We would like to keep it that way. We don’t need any drama other than what we already have. For his personal assistant, what we need is a left hand for him. He already has a lot on his plate so you need to know how to take charge when he’s in need. To be honest with you, you need to be really patient with him cause I know he can easily get under your skin and piss you off” He said, staring at me directly.

 

I didn’t hesitate for a moment though. Actually, I kind of like him needing somebody in his life. Cause he was drawing that image to the media and the press, that he doesn’t give any shit to anything, but I didn’t say anything about it.

 

“Well, I’m willing to take all the responsibilities; you are  requiring  for the job. I think I’m the perfect fit cause, I had the same kind of experience just because I grew up with the media attention, I knew how to handle press in any case of emergency. I can take charge if there is any need, and I’m organized so for all the paper work and detailing the schedule, keeping up with the agenda is a piece of cake.” I replied with a sly  but a confident smile.

 

“Good then, well I think, you are fitting for what we need but still I need to show your resume to the Marshall which seems perfect by the way. BA in business administration and you are doing your MBA  at USC, honor club, Delta Gamma...” 

 

“Yes, thanks Mr. Rosenberg.”

 

“Anyway I’ll try to talk with Marshall today, but you’ll be hearing from us in couple of days, at the very most.” He said while shaking my hand. “Oh say hi to your dad for me.” He added.

 

“Sure” I replied. Yes, my dad, he is a famous music producer. Mostly, he had done his work in 80s and 90s. Because of him, I grew up in media attention. I’m the only child in my family so daddy raised me like a princess. To be truthful, I always was a good girl; I still am. My parents spoiled me though but not in a way  that you see on TV. They taught me how to be responsible and honest, in every possible way. I always had good grades, never embarrassed my parents. 

 

 

After I got back home from my interview, I talked with my dad about it. He asked me whether I would want him to call Mr. Rosenberg and ask for him how my interview went, but I told him no. I got applied for that job without my parent’s name and without their help, and that’s how I wanted to keep it. 

 

After three long days, finally I got the call from Shady Records. The secretary told me that I got the job, and they are expecting to see me on Monday morning in their Downtown LA office at 8.30 am.